Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

UPDATE #3

I just off the phone with the service manager. They got the new BCM installed but are still getting some messages they don't like. As some on the boards have indicated, there are some others with the same issue around the country. They are talking to Ford about what's next going forward. He said he doesn't feel comfortable releasing the vehicle back to me with the way it is responding. Therefore, I'm back in a holding pattern.

As for the other fix in another thread (a loose connection by the fuse box), I sent that to the lead tech and apparently they had already checked that and it was not the issue.

As always, I will update down the road when there is something to report.
Ah man, I was really hoping for good news for you. I'm sorry.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Bronco Sport, Chev Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE #4 (Good News)

I got a call today that I could pick up Pepe. The service manager said they had finally heard back from Ford. They were told to do a bypass of the problem circuit they had found from the fusebox. They installed it and it seemed to work (after the new BCM was already installed). They took it for a test drive and it appears to be working.

I picked it up and actually made it all the way home with no reoccurrence. I then went out for a short drive and it still did not come back on. They are still wrapping up the ticket so I have not gotten a written description of what they did in detail. I will update again if the problem stays resolved and I will attach the descriptive tech description when I get it.

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

UPDATE #4 (Good News)

I got a call today that I could pick up Pepe. The service manager said they had finally heard back from Ford. They were told to do a bypass of the problem circuit they had found from the fusebox. They installed it and it seemed to work (after the new BCM was already installed). They took it for a test drive and it appears to be working.

I picked it up and actually made it all the way home with no reoccurrence. I then went out for a short drive and it still did not come back on. They are still wrapping up the ticket so I have not gotten a written description of what they did in detail. I will update again if the problem stays resolved and I will attach the descriptive tech description when I get it.
I finally had to call for an update on mine. After they replaced the Battery Monitoring Sensor, it didn't fix the issue (shocker). They were standing around "talking about it" and they heard a strange clicking coming from the engine compartment. They believe they have the issue narrowed down to the Gateway Module and BCM, which is likely the same issue you experienced with yours.

OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE #5 (Bad News)

After having Pepe for 2 days, the "Charging System, service soon" warning came back on. Damn! On top of that, my dealer installed the power Rock Sliderz while it's been in the shop the past several weeks and today the driver's side step would not go back up and just stayed down. It will be interesting to hear if it is a bad sensor or if it's related to all this electrical BS.

Overall I've had the Bronco for about 5 days since I took possession; and it's been in the shop about 3 weeks and counting since I dropped it off tonight. I've already used up my Ford Pass trial and did not even use it. I'm sure the Sirius trial will be coming up next as well. Talk about seriously disappointing. In approximately the last 10 years, my wife and I have bought new Lincoln, F150 Platinum, Ford Explorer, Ford Bronco Sport, and a Ford Raptor. I've had good experiences in the past but after having been told it was fixed for it to reappear....it's not only disappointing but it sours my taste with Ford.

Back to the waiting game.

1stBroncoBase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Base
UPDATE #5 (Bad News)

After having Pepe for 2 days, the "Charging System, service soon" warning came back on. Damn! On top of that, my dealer installed the power Rock Sliderz while it's been in the shop the past several weeks and today the driver's side step would not go back up and just stayed down. It will be interesting to hear if it is a bad sensor or if it's related to all this electrical BS.

Overall I've had the Bronco for about 5 days since I took possession; and it's been in the shop about 3 weeks and counting since I dropped it off tonight. I've already used up my Ford Pass trial and did not even use it. I'm sure the Sirius trial will be coming up next as well. Talk about seriously disappointing. In approximately the last 10 years, my wife and I have bought new Lincoln, F150 Platinum, Ford Explorer, Ford Bronco Sport, and a Ford Raptor. I've had good experiences in the past but after having been told it was fixed for it to reappear....it's not only disappointing but it sours my taste with Ford.

Back to the waiting game.
I hate reading these type of posts while I am waiting for my Bronco to ship, will be my first Ford...

Good luck and keep us posted

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, I would imagine the dealership load tested the battery... but sounds like that's was a "NO". More like they took off the charger in the morning, then drove it and gave it back.

Did you happen to notice your charging rate on the instrument cluster?

Hopefully you will get a new battery and free tank of gas, and complimentary wash & detail. :ROFLMAO:

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like people are having lots of electrical issues or sensor issues with the bronco wtf
starting to wonder if the QC on "chips" is a little less stringent to help bump up the numbers.

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, I would imagine the dealership load tested the battery... but sounds like that's was a "NO". More like they took off the charger in the morning, then drove it and gave it back.

Did you happen to notice your charging rate on the instrument cluster?

Hopefully you will get a new battery and free tank of gas, and complimentary wash & detail. :ROFLMAO:
I wish it were as simple as a battery. I'm suffering through this with my Wiltrak and that's what my dealership replaced first. Its something else.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wish it were as simple as a battery. I'm suffering through this with my Wiltrak and that's what my dealership replaced first. Its something else.
Ugh... Nothing worse than a new ride being down. Good luck!!!

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Days at the dealership = 15.
Days I got to drive it = 7.

Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry guys....electrical gremlins are the worst of new vehicle issues

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE

They replaced the sensor they said was faulty. They also checked the battery and for battery drains. They asked to keep it overnight so they could test the levels in the morning which I said was fine. They had a tech drive it about 25 miles and were confident the problem was fixed.

I had a friend give me a ride to the dealership to pick it up. I got no alerts when I started it so that was a good sign. That's usually when the sensor alert first pops up. I got about 4 miles from the dealership when it happened again "Charging System service soon". The same alert as before the whole vehicle died. I took a photo of it and turned around and took it back to the dealership. I showed them the photo. They said they'd have to dig deeper. They had someone give me a ride home. Therefore at the dealership it sits, teasing me.
My BL was in the dealer for about 3 weeks for a similar symptom back in February. Lots of pieces parts replaced but ultimately they had to replace the computer module to resolve the problem.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you know if the tech checked to see if all the fuses were seated properly and terminals tight? These seem to be the main causes of most peoples electrical issues (surprised nobody has mentioned it yet).

OP
OP
PAWBronco

PAWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, my tech checked all that. They have also replaced the sensor and installed a brand new BCM. Currently they are awaiting to hear from Ford on what to do next since they've exhausted all of the things they normally do and what they can find online.

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My BL was in the dealer for about 3 weeks for a similar symptom back in February. Lots of pieces parts replaced but ultimately they had to replace the computer module to resolve the problem.
This is interesting. How long did it take them to figure it out? Did the escalate to Ford?
Sponsored