Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like you have a dedicated DD. Cheers!
Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A few etiquette questions after receiving my Bronco, totally for fun:

1) You wait for what feels like five years to finally get your Bronco and you let your wife drive it once and she insists on driving to every stop in your local town to show it off and won’t let you drive?

2) Said wife is driving the bronco , you in passenger seat, and a Jeep gives you the Jeep wave, what do you do? Caught me off guard honestly.
1 Get a new wife.

2 Wave back.

LisaVH

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have had two very nice Jeeps wave/thumbs up at me and then pull out their phone to take a video or pics. I have wondered about the Jeep wave thing, too but I think the Bronco is just too new for most of them to think to just do the 'salute'. :LOL:

Reactions: R11

Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is it. Its a respect thing. Has more to do with the lifestyle than the vehicle you are driving.
💯

After just a couple hours on a trail, stopping to chat with every Jeep I met, I was completely over the 'rivalry'. I'm getting smiles and waves from Jeeps, 4Runners, pickups, and the like, got a honk-and-🤙 driving like 70 mph on the highway from a little VW, and found a Land Rover Discovery parked next to me at the store. It's all good!

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
💯

After just a couple hours on a trail, stopping to chat with every Jeep I met, I was completely over the 'rivalry'. I'm getting smiles and waves from Jeeps, 4Runners, pickups, and the like, got a honk-and-🤙 driving like 70 mph on the highway from a little VW, and found a Land Rover Discovery parked next to me at the store. It's all good!
Next thing you know, you're going to start finding little rubber ducks on your door handles.🐤....maybe encourage gecko's instead, just to be different.🦎

I totally agree that it's about the lifestyle. I don't care what you're in out on the trails - it's the simple fact you're there. Good natured rivalry is fine, but I go into the wild to relax and decompress. The last thing I want to deal with is someone's high schoolish, agro bullshit. Who wants enemies on the trail?
You never know who'll need to recover you from the ditch you've got yourself stuck in....

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

luckily my wife prefers her German cars and won't take the Bronco unless her car is not available for some reason. So no show and tell through town. Maybe add a 4 inch lift and larger tires? Unless she's on the tall side :cool:

As for a jeep waving, I'll more than happily wave back, also at any other convertible or who ever else wants to wave. It's fun being friendly.
I have a buddy who is a jeeper, and he has taken it on as a personal mission to bring Bronco into the jeep club, waving at every jeep we pass when he is riding with me and you know what I've discovered? Jeepers are a-holes. No one will wave back, so I'm only acknowledging other Broncos from this point on.
I think that poor high school girl I pass every day in her Bronco Sport doesn't get it yet and probably now thinks I'm a creeper.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Divorce her.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a buddy who is a jeeper, and he has taken it on as a personal mission to bring Bronco into the jeep club, waving at every jeep we pass when he is riding with me and you know what I've discovered? Jeepers are a-holes. No one will wave back, so I'm only acknowledging other Broncos from this point on.
I think that poor high school girl I pass every day in her Bronco Sport doesn't get it yet and probably now thinks I'm a creeper.
Ford Bronco Bronco Etiquette 1628859893056

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have yet to have anyone wave at me, but I've not really been paying attention. There are so very many Jeeps in this area and I'm focusing on not hitting anything with my Bronco!

The Broncos do attract a lot of attention. I get a lot of thumbs up signs from people and I'll occasionally notice someone pacing me on the highway staring. Pulling into parking lots, people come up to just ask about it. I joked with the sales manager at my dealer that I was going to the supermarket to meet my fans. :)

Anyway, if someone's being friendly, I guess I'll be friendly back.

I'm lucky, though - my wife doesn't like an open vehicle, so she doesn't want to drive mine. My daughter, on the other hand... But she dropped driver ed last spring, so I have some time before she can legally drive! 🙃

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope we all start some sort of Bronco wave.
My plan when passing another bronco, both big and Sport of any year: (This is a whole body wave, not some measly lift the fingers a little bit action. We must dominate.)

Left hand: Top of the wheel, arm undulating in a "ride the bronco holding the reins" motion.
Right hand: Arm raised over head, circular motion mimicking that of a lasso in action.
Upper torso: Continues the left hand theme of undulating motion similar to that of riding a bronco.

Of course, similar to Jeeps, there will be a population of soccer moms who don't know what/why you're doing this. They probably won't notice anyway as more than likely they will be browsing the feed on their phone to see what the B*tch Karen from her Mommy and Me group is up to now....

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our Bandlands will be my wife's DD anyway, so I'm no help lol.

Apugh67

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350, 2017 Lincoln MKZ, 2018 Escape
Your Bronco Model