First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Usually have my top off all the time when the weather is good. When it's not in the garage
IMG_3014.jpg

I throw on a cover if it looks like bad weather.
IMG_3647.jpg
May I ask, why did you choose broncover and not the original one, or the one from raincover?
I want a rain cover myself, but I debate which one to choose.
And what is its fitment level if I only take the front & mid panels off, but leave the trunk piece installed? Will it fit?
Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. What happens when I go to the store? Can I just leave it all open as long as I have no valuables inside?
anything you don't want to walk away should be stored in a locked container. There are some you can put in the space under the center armrest. There are some that fit in the little space under the rear floor. And there are some that sit in on the rear floor.

2. What happens if it rains? I would check the weather, but storms sometimes pop up out of nowhere. Do you recommend that I keep a Tarp on me at all times? I saw some other nice covers as well.
Things get wet, including you. Ford does sell a canvas cover that will cover your bronco if the roof is off, but that's more for if you have it parked somewhere. I have one of those covers and plan to use it overnight when camping if the weather is nice enough to keep the top off.

3. How do I store the vehicle with top off in the garage? I feel like it will gather dust etc.
How long does it sit in your garage? Again, there is that canvas cover from Ford.

4. Do you go with all 3 sections off or just the first 2? Pros and cons..
Open air is open air to me. But I know someone makes a little top you can pull off the first sections over the driver and passenger.

5. Can you store the panels in the trunk without damaging them? My vehicle came with the bag.
I believe the bag is for the panels over the driver and passenger. The one over the 2nd row of seats I don't believe fits in the bronco.

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ā€œI got a Bronco. Do you think it will get dusty?ā€

šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Cā€™mon, man!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It ain't etiquette on whether ypu leave top up or down unless it offends those parked beside you or that see it and think you not staying up on Emily Post.

I recall parking near a Smart one time. Driver had tge full back targa open and she clicked remote to lock vehicle as she walked away. Locking with it wide open? That is dome bad etiquette. So if you leave top down please leave vehicle unlocked do that passersby can sit in it to try it out

Seriously, that is what the drawer system or floor vaults are for.

Monstertorch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevy, Honda, Ducati
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need help with taking the top off etiquette. This is my first vehicle like this. Sorry about the questions.
1. What happens when I go to the store? Can I just leave it all open as long as I have no valuables inside?
2. What happens if it rains? I would check the weather, but storms sometimes pop up out of nowhere. Do you recommend that I keep a Tarp on me at all times? I saw some other nice covers as well.
3. How do I store the vehicle with top off in the garage? I feel like it will gather dust etc.
4. Do you go with all 3 sections off or just the first 2? Pros and cons..
5. Can you store the panels in the trunk without damaging them? My vehicle came with the bag.
1. Never leave anything in the vehicle you cant part withā€¦ Also, assuming you have the doors on, rolling up the windows because a easy way to stop people from just reaching in.

2. Based on your questions, I am assuming you have a Hard Top, not the Soft Topā€¦ I bought the Badlands soft top specifically cause i dont care if the interior gets wet. If Iā€™m pretty certain it will rain, I just throw the top up quickly, and go about my business. Iā€™ve had convertibles in Oregon for 30+ years, it will rain, the interior will get wet, I just be prepared to dry it out if that happens (ie have a towel stashed away just in case, to do wipe downs).

3. I wipe down once a month, and that manages the dust for me. Doesnā€™t accumulate fast enough to worry about it.

4. I cant answer that, since I have a soft top ;)

5. The intention is, you should be able to store them safely, but I will defer to someone who has a hard top

Hope that helps ;)

Sponsored

Emilyblanks

Black Diamond
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Usually have my top off all the time when the weather is good. When it's not in the garage
IMG_3014.jpg

I throw on a cover if it looks like bad weather.
IMG_3647.jpg
I have a 4-door, but do you have a link for this cover? I am going to guess thereā€™s a four door option.

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Roof cover?
You have broncover, rain gear and the official one.
Iā€™m still debating which makes more sense to buy. Which is better etcā€¦ which will fit both with and without the back portion of the roof (trunk)

Badlands51

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this has already been mentioned. But, if you are driving with the top and doors off, be ready to say "goodbye" to anything that isn't fastened down. I have watched items that were securely tucked under the seats suddenly jump up, wave, and disappear - when driving at highway speeds.

GLOCK10MM

Raptor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2015 & 2004 2500 CUMMINGS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Itā€™s a dash cam with forward and rear facing cameras.
it has LTE so if you subscribe ($60/year), you can view in the app any time.
Being Ring, it also functions much like their doorbells and cameras with motion alerts, etc.
I leave my top off all the time and while I donā€™t leave anything in it, gives a little peace of mind.
My only complaint with it so far is the overall resolution could be better.
THIS IS MONEY !!!!!!! Awesome idea just what I was looking for. Thank you šŸ„ƒ

EJP-OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Birds like to poop on car seats and Squirrels like the plastic interior panels.

Ohh I had a cat sharpen it's claws on my seats before.
Excellent advice all around
My first week with my OBX I decided to run to the store with the top off. Learned this lesson the hard way:
DON'T PARK UNDER LIGHT POSTS.
I can still hear the seagulls laughing.

Sponsored

SeldomSeen

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
google
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Team Bronco, this prompted a question I've had...anyone have picture of how they store the two front panels in the provided bag, using the industrial clips? I've not quite figured out where you clip those? Also, zipper on the bag went in the first couple months...

Bigmatt

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Rule of thumb with my Jeep, if itā€™s valuable, keep limited to what you can fit in your pocket. Nowadays you donā€™t need to worry about someone swiping your head unit because these things have a TV in them pretty much thatā€™s quite involved to remove.

as far as weather, if youā€™re worried about it stick to being topless on days with less than or equal to 10% chance of precipitation.

storage wouldnā€™t know, I donā€™t remove the top on my bronco since itā€™s basically a watered down replacement for my XJ. I drive my TJ most in the summer! Hasnā€™t had its top on in 5 years

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread made me realize how acclimated I've become to CA . Californians are NEVER 'surprised' by rain - if there's going to be rain, it'll be all over the news and everyone will be talking about it - and that's in the winter! During Spring/Summer and most of Fall - it WILL NOT rain. Not even a sprinkling or shower.. we're surprised if we even see a cloud from about May through November... as far as 'top off weather' - the unfortunate thing about living here is that in the Summer, it's too blistering hot to be driving around with the top down during the day - so it would have to be limited to mornings or evenings when it's cooled down a bit.