M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all,
Just picked up my 4 door Base Bronco over the weekend. I'm in love.
That said, it's my first Bronco (and hopefully will have it the rest of my life).
Is there any legacy Bronco etiquette? Tip of the hat, simple wave, Jeep-like rubber ducky?
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,
That said, it's my first Bronco (and hopefully will have it the rest of my life).
Is there any legacy Bronco etiquette? Tip of the hat, simple wave, Jeep-like rubber ducky?
Pokemon. Everyone gives out a Pokémon stuffed toy of your choice. Like the Jeep duck.

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would say a simple thumbs up would be the best thing to do.

Hey all,

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven't seen anything set in stone. But, I expect as time goes by there will be some type of Bronco wave. You know how it goes, you see another unicorn on the road, and you throw up your hand out of shear disbelief that there are other Broncos out there. Then it just becomes a contagious habit. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mountainguy

Mountainguy

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you're supposed to just drive around with a very smug look on your face because you have a Bronco and hardly abybody else does.
Ford Bronco Bronco Etiquette? jeremy-clarkson-top
That's a given. The rig towers over any of the Jeeps out there. I'm the new King of the road.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was given an enthusiastic thumbs up by an F250 driver towing his classic Bronco on a flatbed Sunday, so maybe it's a thumb thing? I am also in the "acknowledge Bronco Sports" camp btw. I owned two Bronco IIs back in the day and my daughter ordered a Bronco Sport, so I am all in on all Broncos. I am flexible in my wave and try and keep it real, in the moment.

BTW, I have a strict "no look" policy towards Jeeps. I have instructed my entire family to simply ignore Jeeps and never look a Jeep owner in the eye or acknowledge them in any way. ;)

OP
OP
Mountainguy

Mountainguy

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was given an enthusiastic thumbs up by an F250 driver towing his classic Bronco on a flatbed Sunday, so maybe it's a thumb thing? I am also in the "acknowledge Bronco Sports" camp btw. I owned two Bronco IIs back in the day and my daughter ordered a Bronco Sport, so I am all in on all Broncos. I am flexible in my wave and try and keep it real, in the moment.

BTW, I have a strict "no look" policy towards Jeeps. I have instructed my entire family to simply ignore Jeeps and never look a Jeep owner in the eye or acknowledge them in any way. ;)
Hahaha.
Yeah, I've had a couple of very enthusiastic Bronco Sport owners waving at me. I'm down with them. I've also had people stop in the middle of an intersection going the opposite direction to try to talk to me.
And yes, I've taken the attitude of a Jeep killer. Wish there was something to combat the rubber ducky by making fun of it.

Sponsored

Big ragu

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do wranglers wave to jeep compass?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do wranglers wave to jeep compass?
I didn't when I had a Jeep, but I was never as invested in the Jeep culture as I am the Bronco culture. Plus I would not want my daughter to feel bad if I didn't wave to her!

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pokemon. Everyone gives out a Pokémon stuffed toy of your choice. Like the Jeep duck.
I'd actually be pretty chill with finding a Pokemon toy on my Bronco, or just thrown on the drivers seat if the top was off.

Gotta catch them all!

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve still got the only one in town (very grateful) as far as I know, and mine is still the only one I’ve seen in person, so I have no Broncos so far to give a shout out to, but I’ve had quite a few thumbs up and turned heads, and I wave to both and smile. A couple college girls in a Jeep Sahara were taking pictures of the Bronco at an intersection last Saturday.
Sponsored