indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah I have a CJ7. I don’t even wave to new Jeeps only old ones ;-) but maybe I should take the more friendly approach
Same. I wave to other CJs, or any other older 4x4s. Because there is a shared bond and appreciation for keeping an older 4x4 on the road. I'll wave back to a new Jeep, but not initiate a wave, there are just too many of them, and generally not as much a bond in terms of shared experiences.

I would definitely wave to a new Bronco as a 4x4 fan, given it's new and finally we will have another open top 4x4 on the roads (even if Ford has messed up the launch with hardtop issues and turned it into a reservation time stamp competition.)

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure why you are letting someone else drive your brand new vehicle on a regular basis, wife or not. If you have waited a long time for a Bronco, she will understand if you want to put the most miles on it in the first year. To ride someone else's wave is borderline rude.

With regards to waving, I will most likely only wave to modified vehicles. Unmodified Broncos in the first year or two will be the exception. I found with my FJCruiser that only the modified ones ever wave back. I think the same will be true for Jeeps waving to Bronco owners...modified only. Like someone said above, it is more a lifestyle thing that a specific vehicle brand. The brand thing has faded over time.

Old vehicles are a bit different, but you pretty much wave at anything else that is old if you are driving one. In my '75, I only wave if waved at first from a modern vehicle (modified or not), and you wave at all that are older than 1980-ish.

PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope we all start some sort of Bronco wave.
I vote we all just flip each other off. Everyone has been pissed off for months waiting on our Broncos. Keep the edge :cool:

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Full STOP! You have to get a hold of this before it gets out of hand.
First, the easy part: if someone waves you wave back.

Now to the important part: Boundaries. You have to establish boundaries. Your first mistake was letting your lovely wife drive YOUR BRONCO. But, there is nothing we can do about that now.

From this day forward establish the boundaries, lay down the law, be the king of your castle and your trusty steed (Bronco)!

Uh oh, don’t have time to write more my wife’s coming home so I have to go do my chores!!!

LOL! Enjoy your marriage and your Bronco!

Sponsored

brian_ssm

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Pontiac Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
in the 2 weeks I have had the Bronco I have had several guys in Jeeps come up to me in parking lots to check it out. No trash talking, just checking it out and all of them have been pretty complimentary.

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ll wave to anyone who looks they put a lot of work into their vehicle. Dedication and hard work should be complimented. It’s also a lifestyle and there’s enough gatekeeping and nonsense in the world as it is.

Bronco owners may also end up joining the exclusive cracked windshield club, which I sadly joined yesterday.:LOL:

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

1. Sorry, you have lost your Bronco, please submit new reservation.

2. Why wouldn't you wave back? It doesn't have to be a Jeep wave, both vehicles have the same purpose or better known as don't make enemies if you don't have to.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I have a CJ7. I don’t even wave to new Jeeps only old ones ;-) but maybe I should take the more friendly approach
I think proper etiquette is for the newest model driver to wave first, then you should reciprocate.

My FJ40 always gets mistaken for a Jeep, so I only wave if they wave. I also wave if I see a FJ Cruiser, thinking they should be ecstatic to see an old FJ40 ( I know I would be, if I had an FJ Cruiser ), but they seem confused so far. I can't wave at other FJ40s, cause I just never ever see one 🤷‍♂️

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a buddy who is a jeeper, and he has taken it on as a personal mission to bring Bronco into the jeep club, waving at every jeep we pass when he is riding with me and you know what I've discovered? Jeepers are a-holes. No one will wave back, so I'm only acknowledging other Broncos from this point on.
I think that poor high school girl I pass every day in her Bronco Sport doesn't get it yet and probably now thinks I'm a creeper.
I dont know if they are aholes or just clueless ,lots of new jeep owners out there there is always one dingo in every group.
Never judge a book by its cover thats the book that might pull you out of the ditch next time.
And you never know who your waving at ❤❤❤
Ford Bronco Bronco Etiquette Screenshot_20210813-093951_Gallery

Last edited:
OP
OP
Portapot

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Appreciate all the feedback for my friend ;o). He told the wife she can drive it whenever she wants and he has decided if a Jeep waves he is giving them the Shocker gesture.🤟

Amcap76

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 2019 GT-350, 2004 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1) Good luck with that battle over the driver’s seat. Better better order another one.

2)”The wave” is something shared among people who enjoy driving a vehicle as opposed to those who are content to drone along in a soulless people mover.
I’ve owned various brands/types of motorcycles, off road vehicles, and sports cars and have exchanged waves, nods, and salutes from others who just know. Sure, there are tribalists who only acknowledge their brand or model, but there are more of us who share the passion for driving what you love.
Happy trails.
Sponsored