First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I remember us cramming 6 people into a civic 2 door in high school for lunch time. I have no fear of the 2 door bronco with occasional kid usage. :ROFLMAO:

97802031990107.jpg
I have (as an adult) been forced to sit in the back of my Mom’s 2014 beetle on a handful of occasions. It’s pretty dang miserable, BUT POSSIBLE. And the 2 door Bronco will be a lot more comfortable than that. A 2 door vehicle is just always going to be an enormous compromise where it is much more difficult to access the rear seat.... it’s just a fact of life (and why my dad sold our Bronco II once car seats came into the equation.) I personally think the 2 door Bronco looks better than the 4 door, but it has become clear that it won’t be practical so I’m fine compromising to go with the 4 door. If having a compromised rear seat is going to be a problem.... 4 door it or just realize you’ll need to deal with it. People are pretty resilient though, 4 of my friends(including one who is 6’4”) took a TJ wrangler on a 3 hour drive to Mexico last year. With no top. They were absolutely miserable... but they did do it. So the 2-door in most circumstances isn’t a “can’t” it’s a “won’t”. If the 2-door Bronco front seat not sliding forward a few more inches is a deal breaker it probably wasn’t the right choice from the start.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it looks like I've been demoted to a 4-door now. Those front seats don't move near enough to get my babies, which are both in rear facing seats, in the back. My 2-door dreams have been shattered. There goes the money I would have saved.
2 doors is not an option anymore :(
Even a 7 years old kid will have hard time calming there :/
Come on guys. Back in our day we didn’t have these nanny four doors. We pulled back muscles, broke ribs and twisted ankles to get back there. It builds character.

But seriously, you’d think after all these years we could come up with something a little more innovative.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seriously! Those of us dumb enough... I mean brave enough to get a 2 door with kids need to know these things.

Be a hero @GiddyUp We all need a hero right now.
It's fine if you get her a nice car to drive the kids around in.

Sponsored

Daisy76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know you stated that the passenger seat is the same, but I want to see actual video of it to confirm. I have owned TJ jeeps and the driver seat was exactly the same as this video, "it sucked" but the passenger seat was made for the rear passenger to get into the back seat. I would figure this is the case for the Bronco as well!

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not being picky here, but surely they have came up with a better color to paint the frames, its 2020!!! Why not paint to match? ... and that's sarcasm..??... great work sir!! I was able to view this chassis at S.C.E in Townsend yesterday!! I'll be back Friday!!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Passenger is exactly the same. I was there talking with the Ford guy.
Thanks for the info... That really sucks. Looks like 4 door for sure now.

Edit: Now it makes sense WHY Ford isn't really giving us any new information, it's just 1 disappointment after the next when we have people getting what info they can when they actually see the Bronco. Makes me think more and more that Ford is seriously dropping the ball on this release. If I did NOT know this prior to actually ordering, I'd be pissed as hell when I took delivery of my vehicle. It's time for Ford to open up about MORE stuff... Stop parading the same crap across the country and give us REAL information that WE actually want/need.

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Come on guys. Back in our day we didn’t have these nanny four doors. We pulled back muscles, broke ribs and twisted ankles to get back there. It builds character.

But seriously, you’d think after all these years we could come up with something a little more innovative.
Based on your avatar, it would seem your back in the day included the FSB flip forward passenger seat. I've owned 3 of those, and no one ever tried to get in back from the driver's side. All done on the passenger side and it wasn't bad at all. Given that the FSB was larger than the 2021 Bronco added to the ease of getting in back. It's a simple thing that Ford could have (and should have) done. If they used Jeep owner's as the focus group, I know all too well how much it sucks to get into the back of a 2 door Jeep. Once again, would've been something that actually set Ford apart.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if they'll have the tube doors for the 4 door. I also wonder if I'd ever actually use them or if they'd just collect dust in my garage
It was one of the questions that was proposed to be asked on availability for the 4-dr. There was a discussion regarding the donut doors (glorified tube door) and their availability. It was my presumption that the tube/donut doors are only available on the 2-dr. The 2-dr has larger doors than the 4-dr, and we have never seen the option displayed on a 4-dr to date. Granted, we haven't seen all accessories available for the Bronco. But the tube/donut door option isn't just a cheap gimmick. Ford in all their marketing prowess has decided to show off painted Jerry Cans, folding camp table, slide-out tailgate, etc. But an option, that if available for the 4-dr would cost $1200-$1600, Ford opts to keep secret.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on your avatar, it would seem your back in the day included the FSB flip forward passenger seat. I've owned 3 of those, and no one ever tried to get in back from the driver's side. All done on the passenger side and it wasn't bad at all. Given that the FSB was larger than the 2021 Bronco added to the ease of getting in back. It's a simple thing that Ford could have (and should have) done. If they used Jeep owner's as the focus group, I know all too well how much it sucks to get into the back of a 2 door Jeep. Once again, would've been something that actually set Ford apart.
Yup, two full size, a Bronco ll and a friends 73. Even a road trip from Florida to NY and back in my 93 with seven people ?. A few sore backs but we were good.

Ford Bronco Bronco Front Seat Tilt & Tube Doors Demo Video + Bronco Frame Photos - SuperCel East 67A16400-D25C-41C7-BE04-7ADC8F1A18C7

But yeah it’s all about the passenger side. That vid didn’t show that side so hoping there is decent room there ?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yup, two full size, a Bronco ll and a friends 73. Even a road trip from Florida to NY and back in my 93 with seven people ?. A few sore backs but we were good.

Ford Bronco Bronco Front Seat Tilt & Tube Doors Demo Video + Bronco Frame Photos - SuperCel East 67A16400-D25C-41C7-BE04-7ADC8F1A18C7

But yeah it’s all about the passenger side. That vid didn’t show that side so hoping there is decent room there ?
I remember those days of stuffing EVERYTHING you could in my Bronco's. Because that's just what we did back then.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember those days of stuffing EVERYTHING you could in my Bronco's. Because that's just what we did back then.
Oh yeah I constantly found things back there I thought I had lost for good. My first (86) had two 15” subwoofers ? with a box that filled the back ?.
I was so cool ??.

Ford Bronco Bronco Front Seat Tilt & Tube Doors Demo Video + Bronco Frame Photos - SuperCel East 75CD9723-3028-4E54-8020-962E2605E6A1

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh yeah I constantly found things back there I thought I had lost for good. My first (86) had two 15” subwoofers ? with a box that filled the back ?.
I was so cool ??.

Ford Bronco Bronco Front Seat Tilt & Tube Doors Demo Video + Bronco Frame Photos - SuperCel East 75CD9723-3028-4E54-8020-962E2605E6A1
My '84 never had a box, I just put 2 Cerwin Vega speakers in back with 15" woofers. 4" Lift, 35" Mud Terrains with a 351 under the hood. That truck made many trips from NJ to IL back when I was young, stupid and in love ? (with the wrong woman of course). But who doesn't like an 800 mile trip while getting 12 mpg (on a good day).

There are many things will be missed about the old FSB's which are annoyingly left out of the new Bronco. I'll still love the truck, but it doesn't stop me from being pissed off about a few things.
Sponsored