Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"...Out on the road today
I saw a dead head sticker on a Cadillac
A little voice inside my head said, don't look back, you should never look back..."

"You got the top pulled down
Radio on baby
I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
After the boys of summer, have gone..."
???
Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only way your going to lay them down in the two door is if you don't have passengers and put the seats down. Not much more room than for an extra gas can back there. You can see the two tops take up most the space when the guy put them in the back.
Yeah, don’t think I’ll notice the issue much; I’m going with the 4 door. I can see how it would fit with the 2 door though

K8GTH

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it's worth the Yakima roof rack I had for another vehicle used a very similar clamping setup. Despite the tightening mechanism being a hex the instructions were very adamant about using the included tool because it was torque limiting. Not enough and the thing will come off, too much and it will deform the roof.

Hard to say from what was seen in the video but this contraption seems little more complicated than just a triangular shaped screwdriver leading me to believe there could very well be a torque limiting mechanism in this.

As for the triangular drive, yeah it's a bummer if you lost it and need to install/remove the thing. I also understand and agree with their decision to design the tool so it has no other practical use ensuring you don't "borrow" it for something else and lose it then or damage its torque limiting mechanism doing something it wasn't designed for.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not hurting my feelings any. The complaining and negativity has pretty much taken over the forum and keeps moving to new lows.
Just wait until Broncos actually start getting into customer hands. Same thing happened to Mustang6G.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup we are all on the same team so keep it civil ,now continue to bash the jeeps oh shoot im on that team too?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your dealer will probably be able to see the “late availability” options in their ordering system. Mention to them you want the modular top... supposedly your order will go in and it will just be delayed until the top becomes available.

In the case of a late reservation, it may not even be an issue.

This is exactly my plan.
Okay, I figured it out. 3-print copies of the front fender tiedowns and attach four (4) to the rear clamshell...

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you just take the back part of the roof off (leaving the panel covering the front seats?).

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The optional roof rack adds some steps and time.....but not seeing how the clamshell removal is cumbersome?

Think about what you are doing to the vehicle.......unless there is some hardcore velcro I'm not aware of I don't see how they could make it any easier to remove the back and still meet structural integrity and safety standards with the roof attached.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know if UHaul still requires your vehicle to have a hard top in order to tow a trailer from them?