First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If they were parked in a handicapped spot with out a placard/pate shit happens. I have no sympathy for people who park in handicapped spots with out a handicapped plate/placards even if they leave them They know they rules, no exceptions. As a disabled veteran with severe mobility issues nothing pisses me off more than seeing someone parked in a handicapped spot with a permit!

Personally, I call the cops and make sure they get tickets. It more satisfying.
You must have some serious issues to be sicking the police on people you don't know, and certainly don't know anything about their situations.

Sorry your life sucks... but maybe don't take it out on other people.
Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A friend had a placard in college. Babson was known at the time for being full of rich spoiled guys. So when someone saw a nice looking athletic dude pop out of an m5 they went crazy. What they didnt know was he was going through treatment for testicular cancer. Some days were normalish somedays were debilitating. You have to have faith people are good and leave them alone.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they were parked in a handicapped spot with out a placard/pate shit happens. I have no sympathy for people who park in handicapped spots with out a handicapped plate/placards even if they leave them They know they rules, no exceptions. As a disabled veteran with severe mobility issues nothing pisses me off more than seeing someone parked in a handicapped spot with a permit!

Personally, I call the cops and make sure they get tickets. It more satisfying.
Doesn't give anyone the right to destroy someone else's property.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If someone is obviously handicapped and parks in a handicapped spot, the last thing the police want to deal with is you calling them to report something they aren't going to waste their time on in the first place. Now, explain all the lifted 4wds I see with handicap stickers on them. Seems like there should be an agility test, and if you can haul yourself in and out of a lifted 1 ton, you probably don't need the sticker. But, I figure that's none of my business and don't waste my time getting upset over that either.
Saw this exact thing in my work parking lot yesterday. There's a 4" lifted Silverado on 35s with a handicap placard hanging from the mirror.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
A friend had a placard in college. Babson was known at the time for being full of rich spoiled guys. So when someone saw a nice looking athletic dude pop out of an m5 they went crazy. What they didnt know was he was going through treatment for testicular cancer. Some days were normalish somedays were debilitating. You have to have faith people are good and leave them alone.
Yep. One of my best friends has DV plates because he screwed his knees up in the Navy. He's had multiple surgeries, but has good days and bad days. On good days, you'd never know. On bad days, he's in tremendous pain if walking more than just 15-20 yards. He doesn't use handicapped spaces on good days, but people wouldn't know the pain he was in if casually observing on bad days. The world would be a much better place if everyone would just mind their own business.

Also, there was a student at A&M years back that was in a wheelchair. He drove a giant jacked up Dodge Ram with "FUL SAC" license plates. :ROFLMAO: He was really good and climbing in and out of that thing. He taught me that you can't judge the validity of using a handicapped space by the appearance of a vehicle.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure what’s going on in Colorado, but this is the 3rd bronco I’ve heard about being keyed there.
Too many people? Last summer I visited my old stomping grounds in Fort Collins. College Ave was like a parking lot. The housing prices were jacked way up. What the heck does anyone do for a living there, maybe a lot of outside money? Even RMNP required advanced reservations to visit. What a mess. So glad I got to live there back when I did.

Sponsored

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
for vehicle scratches its roll the dice. Its either the lazy people who leave their shopping carts right next to your vehicle. Or I've seen people pull into a space and push the shopping cart with there vehicle into someone else's vehicle. Or the people who park to close and dent AND scratch your door when they open their door. Then there's the vandals, who key your vehicle just for grins. Jealous of your vehicle, or they didnt like where you parked. I've never parked in a handicap spot. Over the years I had all of these happen to my vehicles. Doesn't matter where you park. I started parking way at the end of the isles away from most other vehicles, damage still happened.

OP
OP
Lxatoledo

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As someone who takes his disabled veteran dad places quite often, I understand your frustration, but I also cannot agree with your stance. His car has a permanent handicap plate on it, but it's getting harder for him to get in and out of his own car. We typically take my mom's Explorer, because it's easier for him to get in and out of, but it does not have a handicap plate. He does have a placard, but sometimes he's forgotten it. He has good days and bad days. On a bad day, I don't care if he has his placard. If he needs it, I'll park in a handicapped spot and deal with anyone who wants to pick that battle. If not, we'll park as close as we can get. Lord knows I won't drop him off at the door, because he'll be flirting with the waitress at a restaurant or making a beeline for the riding mowers at Lowes if I leave him alone.

Other people are human, too, and as we all know, shit happens. The OP said he had his daughter with special needs with him, but forgot the placard. Lift up your fellow man, rather than trying to ruin someone's day. One day, that good grace will come around to you and lift you up as well!

You might want to watch this video. It's educational, to say the least.

Ok, I'm done preaching. Amen, I think?
The reason my placard was in my truck was because I had been waiting on my bronco for 1.5 years and the truck was the daily driver for that period. (True story) I tried to mitigate the issue by getting approval/note (posted) as I hate folks parking in HC parking and honestly, RARELY use HC parking so folks w/ significant issues have them available, but in the mountains, tons of climbing, uneven slopes, ice, snow and utilizing the 150.00 adaptive skiing program, I was like, "Okay...........it's a decent time to leverage the HC parking." --guess not. regarless of daughters limited mobility. :)

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took my Special Needs Daughter Skiing at Purgatory. Handicapped placard in different car so....between the time it took me to walk inside, get permission, a note (pictured)......my first scratches didn't come from Kane Creek or Hey Joe Canyon tamarisk in Moab or even a careless grocery bag from my garage to our kitchen but a "tolerant" driver with a COEXIST sticker firmly affixed to her Subaru.

I wanted Rapid Red-- but knowing it would get scratched (by me) I opted for a color that would buff out or hide scratches better.... Iconic silver.
Plan worked... Got 97% of damage out, but still!!!!!!

Humans ...?!?!?!!

1648587191022107096789956828026.jpg
People suck man. Sorry to hear that happened but glad you got most of the scratch out.

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too many people? Last summer I visited my old stomping grounds in Fort Collins. College Ave was like a parking lot. The housing prices were jacked way up. What the heck does anyone do for a living there, maybe a lot of outside money? Even RMNP required advanced reservations to visit. What a mess. So glad I got to live there back when I did.
Yeah it's crazy, that's where I grew up. We wanted to move back there at one point but the job market is worse than Denver but the houses are all the same price. Seems like respecting other people's cars has never been high on the list around here. So many door dings, bumper scrapes, etc. Luckily never been keyed, glad the OP was able to buff most of it out at least.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What are you trying to preach besides comparing Apples to Oranges ?

Legal Activity vs Illegal Activity? Less than 1% of Gun Crimes in America are carried out by persons lawfully allowed to carry a handgun whether Open or Concealed.

Your referenced case is a very rare exception and not some portended general rule. The perpetrator was a legal up until he initiated the confrontation by pulling up and confronting the driver of the car. All the guy had to do was shrug his shoulders, park in another space and proceeded inside the store. He had no right to confront the other driver or her husband. If he was that upset by the situation, he should have just left and gone to another store.

As Stan Lee wrote for Ben Parker, “With great power comes great responsibility”

Now if you want to preach, shoot me an email but we shouldn’t bore our fellow B6G with this stuff.
I agree with you about the video, but I liked @ericwmedic's story about his dad.

Also, I don't think people should lose their minds when they see someone in a disabled parking space without a placard, or if they think the person parking is healthy or not. That is not a keying or shooting offense imho
Sponsored