Sponsored

Bronco losing navigation (temporarily due to chip shortage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luterdan

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Arcadia, VW Tiguan, Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm losing mine next month too. Not worth paying for IMO.

You can always download the maps ahead of time.
You have to remember to download them before you get in trouble
Sponsored

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, since you seem like a guy that likes to give everyone unsolicited advice, here's a tip for you. Don't come into a thread where people are obviously upset about something and begin expounding uneducated theories and calling them names. How's that work for ya? You're welcome.
Thanks man. Great tip.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once upon a time you had to remember to buy a Rand McNally road atlas. Later you had to remember to print off the Mapquest directions.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once upon a time you had to remember to buy a Rand McNally road atlas. Later you had to remember to print off the Mapquest directions.
In Dallas, every year you would buy a Mapsco. Ingenious map book. Similar to the Thomas guide in California.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would suggest to anyone that if they haven't done a basic level of off-road preparation before going off-road (which would include getting your mapping data), don't go off-road. I would never rely on an automobile manufacturer's mapping data (particularly off-road) when there are much more thorough/accurate/up-to-date options available.

Sponsored

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would suggest to anyone that if they haven't done a basic level of off-road preparation before going off-road (which would include getting your mapping data), don't go off-road. I would never rely on an automobile manufacturer's mapping data (particularly off-road) when there are much more thorough/accurate/up-to-date options available.
Of course not. Preparation is everything. But having a digital moving copy on a 12" screen is invaluable.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every time a feature gets removed, people feel the urge to come on B6G and say they never wanted the feature anyway.

OK. Maybe some other people wanted it though, and they have their reasons. Not everyone wants the exact same things out of their Bronco. Every time something gets removed, whether it's a color or temperature readouts or some other option, there are people who find their order less valuable after the change. Have some empathy, yo.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd like to see a good argument on why anyone NEEDS a Bronco period, forget within a cell signal range. Point of the matter is, if you're outside of that range, download offline maps for Google Maps within the radius you're going to be. I've taken several trips where I don't have cell service for hours, but I can always re-navigate or start a new navigation within that no service range because of offline maps.
I don't like the idea of relying on a well-charged, intact cell phone (with or without offline maps) when I'm going out to the middle of nowhere and mudding. It's all too easy to accidentally destroy your phone and you're left trying to remember the way back.

Anyone willing to believe that the possibility of "adding navigation later" should know that I bought a 21 F150 Platinum Powerboost with Bluecruise in March of last year. The only thing is, Ford promised delivery of the Bluecruise software by end of Q3 2021, and here we are at the end of Q1 2022 and STILL no Bluecruise. We've already paid for it as it was factored into the MSRP of the truck. All of the Job 2 2021 and 2022 Bluecruise trucks are leaving the factory with that option up and running, while we wait on a software update to "activate" ours a FULL YEAR later.

From what it appears, if your Bronco is delivered without Navigation, you're not getting it added later on, so this may be a moot point. Bottom line, I won't believe anything Ford tells me until its delivered and in hand.
BlueCruise is significantly different from the infotainment system.

Sync 2 without nav? You can either enable nav through software, or swap it out entirely to Sync 3.
Sync 3 without nav? You can swap the APIM and get factory nav.

I'm willing to take the $400 gamble that all we need for Sync4+nav is a different APIM. The only thing I'm waiting on is confirmation that we're just getting downgraded to the 'Subscription nav', indicating the issue is with the APIM and not the GPS module.

Last edited:

HeatherJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They better adjust the price of the packages with the loss of navigation.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is another ridiculous communication failure by Ford.
  • Why are buyers finding this out via the order guide vs communication from Ford?
  • Is this due to a chip shortage and Ford intends to add nav later?
  • Or is the feature just removed? If so, is there a price reduction?
  • Why is nav still listed as a feature on the B&P if it will not be added later?
All of us with outstanding orders should have been sent an email explaining this.

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IT JUST GETS WORSE. And of course, radio silence. We have to hear this BS from the bloggers and insiders first. I rarely use it, but if it’s not there, we should be compensated. Some of us have been waiting over a year…what do they leave off next?

jtwilliams

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wait 20+ months, lose my first and second color choices, lose the dials with the temp in them, finally get a VIN and a mid-May build date then they decide to remove one of the features I have never had in a vehicle before and was looking forwarded to using both on and off road. This is beyond ridiculous. Some people may like using their phone for nav, I do not. I chose a package with the large screen specifically to use nav on it and it should be delivered with the advertised features I have been waiting to enjoy for nearly 2 years. FMC if you can't build my Bronco the way I ordered it, don't build it until you can.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.