Sponsored

Bronco Mark ups….anyone experienced this?

singh

Base
First Name
Singh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone experience this? My dealer wants 13K markup now that my bronco has come in after two years and we had never agreed to anything when they ordered. Any success with Ford intervention?
Ford Bronco Bronco Mark ups….anyone experienced this? A6839233-39A1-4DAB-81A6-C078FBCBE883
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you didn't make an agreement when you originally ordered, not a whole lot Ford can do. Probably worth a shot, but not much they can do unless there was a signed agreement.

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Honestly, if you dont have Anything in writing , I think your SOL.
Your best bet is to try and talk them down or out of it. If you have a salesman your working with, remind him that as of right now he has a chance to make money, if someone else sells it he’s not going to.

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No chance Ford steps in. I work in auto industry, the OEM’s hands are tied by virtue of franchise dealer agreements. Pricing needs to be agreed upon via a signed purchase order and even then depending on the state the dealer can choose to honor it or not. Long story short you are up shit creek. On the bright side the market is starting to really shift auction prices are down 15% month over month.

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Frankly, it’s more news when they AREN’T showing a markup after order.

Sorry, man. They hold all the cards. The best answer is to try to work it through. But as others have said- if it isn’t in writing, it’s going to be up to the dealer. If they have to balance between making you mad and making $13k… you are the ugly kid at prom. You better hope you can dance or have a winning personality.

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
Many many threads about this. (I see you just joined, welcome)

Apparently some of the paper work you get from the dealer means very little to locking in a price. The dealer would love to hear you say you don't want it. They will sell to someone willing to pay extra to jump the "line" and get it now.
The argument I gave, was asking what is their policy about cars specifically ordered by customers to be delivered to them not vehicles they ordered for inventory. For me it eventually worked.

OP
OP
singh

singh

Base
First Name
Singh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Many many threads about this. (I see you just joined, welcome)

Apparently some of the paper work you get from the dealer means very little to locking in a price. The dealer would love to hear you say you don't want it. They will sell to someone willing to pay extra to jump the "line" and get it now.
The argument I gave, was asking what is their policy about cars specifically ordered by customers to be delivered to them not vehicles they ordered for inventory. For me it eventually worked.
Can you help negotiate it for me please. 😆. I am about to give up and buy a wrangler rather than wait a year or more and this is the only dealer around me anyway. Many folks they are doing this to.

1FEA351A-9924-48E8-B568-9D58443E22F4.jpeg

Sponsored

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's deceptive business practices for the dealership to show you your build price during ordering and then when delivery day comes, they have a totally different price which is way above the build price.
OP got pushed to that slimy dealer by Ford! Why can't Ford have a blacklist of scammy dealers and warn customers to not take them business?

OP
OP
singh

singh

Base
First Name
Singh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's deceptive business practices for the dealership to show you your build price during ordering and then when delivery day comes, they have a totally different price which is way above the build price.
OP got pushed to that slimy dealer by Ford! Why can't Ford have a blacklist of scammy dealers and warn customers to not take them business?
unlucky for me that I had to live around a “shady dealer”

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...ting-screwed-by-last-minute-delivery-markups/

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a...ting-screwed-by-last-minute-delivery-markups/

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Others have posted in the past about Hawaii dealerships being particularly bad when dealing with surprise ADM. They have a more captive audience and they take advantage.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Right? I don't understand why Ford would do all the work to woo customers on to their website to buy a vehicle, and then hand them over to the vultures and expect you to give them a good review or customer loyalty.

They should have advised dealers that customers who make reservations or order online are to be advised of ADMs before order is placed, otherwise they should move the order to a dealer that's honest and straightforward.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s sad to say 10k-20k markups are now common. Hopefully things start returning to normal soon. Good luck.
Sponsored