Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I see the marketing happening here, but as it was mentioned earlier "the BD has everything I need and nothing I don't" as far as available features anyway...... I'd upgrade to remote start and heated seats but I can't combine them with manual transmission in any package so..........Black Diamond it is. 95% of the sasquatch orders are for people who like the look and want to brag. My 32s are gonna go further than most of your 35s.
Sponsored

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sorry but WT is the biggest non model ever. It literally has no purpose except to grab people that think they are getting the best model. It does NOTHING special. All it is is a less than desirable interior and black painted parts. Should have been a blackout package for the OBX and been done with it.
Wildtrak is base plus v6, automatic, sasquatch, mid package, modular hard top, window tinting, and signature lighting and that is what it is priced out for(try adding those options to another build and it prices similar except for BL which I assume is your point about it being a non model). Those would all be the most popular options anyway.

Sway Bar disconnect isn't something "normal" people(non-enthusiasts) care about. skid plates and bumper are better purchased aftermarket anyway if it's actually important to you and if not then plastic is fine.

As for the interior I don't think it's that bad, but I suspect most wildrak owners will just pay for the leather interior anyway.

Ford Bronco Bronco model misconceptions 1618274772337

Ford Bronco Bronco model misconceptions 1618275260016

If I was a dealership looking to buy Bronco's for the lot That is what I would expect to sell the easiest; 4 door wildtraks.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since when did Badlands get body color painted Stuff? :ROFLMAO:
Who proof reads these things?
Ford Bronco Bronco model misconceptions 1618275260016
I also thought the Badlands got the grey painted grill, not black.
Ford Bronco Bronco model misconceptions 1618277002382

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your door handles will give you away. 😉 I’m going to make my BB a bit Wildtrak-esque as well. I love the black wheel rings and bronco badging.
Hero switches....😉

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There seems to be a misconception about what the different Bronco models really are. Let me help. 😁

To Ford, this is the model range:
  • BASE
  • OBX
  • BADLANDS
  • WILDTRAK
We can hem and haw about why certain combos and features are not offered on certain models, but the list above is your answer. The only way to bust out of this lineup (mechanically) is to get the Sasquatch package. Otherwise, accept your fate and make the best of it.

Sponsored

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Haven’t read thru all 8 pages yet, but my counterpoint is there’s only one bronco model.

Firstly, just to be sorta pedantic, you could go with the old Bronco is the model, and base/obx/wildtrak/etc are just trim levels. Yes Ford says “model” in compare models and build n price choose a model referring to base/wildtrak/etc, but I’m willing to bet once the broncos actually out that anywhere else it will be model=bronco then pick a trim(like looking for parts/aftermarket stuff or even adding to insurance/registration).

But also, there’s only one bronco model/trim regardless how ya call them. And that’s base. Everything else is just paying Ford for the ability to pay for more stuff and get different badges. The difference between black diamond and badlands is the same as base to literally any other trim, you’re paying to be able to add other stuff that’s not available on the base. Ford could have literally only made one version of the bronco and everything be options you can add to it, but they can get more money by making a different model/trim that you pay for then pay for the extras on top of that.

So even to Ford, there’s only the base, then there’s the suckers that they convinced to buy a base with add-ons and pay extra for the opportunity

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve always said Wildtrak is the best deal hands down. Once you add sasquatch, 2.7, high or lux, and auto tranny you’re either at the same price as wildtrak or over.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can probably drop Wildtrak...it's just an OBX with a few popular options standard.
With that logic you could drop BL....its just a cheap version of the FE

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You hit a wall on BD and BB. People seem to not understand why these models are artificially limited. This is why. They are really non-models. No disrespect to them, I'm on team BB, but Ford doesn't want you in these models. They want you on a higher trim.
Umm I went with 2dr base bd with man was going to go bl To each their own but when I started thinking about it mine will be a fun machine without any nanny features Can’t wait

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wildtrak is base plus v6, automatic, sasquatch, mid package, modular hard top, window tinting, and signature lighting and that is what it is priced out for(try adding those options to another build and it prices similar except for BL which I assume is your point about it being a non model). Those would all be the most popular options anyway.
This is exactly right, its just a mash of upgrades that already came on other models. The sticker and the black painted items are what you get for free really. I think Ford actually missed an opportunity to make more money here. Keep the OBX price it is and then add WT for $1000-$1500 for blackout package, different interior, WT stickers, and the extra Baja GOAT mode and BAM! people are all over that HOs on Santa. Maybe even go a little higher in money and add the bash plates and rock rails but keep the plastic bumpers. Now the WT would be special in a way of its own.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got Base 2.7L Sasquatch w/MIC top & Aux switches. Only thing your Wildtrak has that I want is Intelligent access. Not paying extra $8k for that.
And that’s what works for you. I have a Badlands on order. I just don’t like the way some people try and justify their decisions by bashing on other peoples choices. If you are confident in your order, like you are, then stand by it on its own merits and refrain from personal attacks on other people and the vehicle choice that works for them. The Base 2.7 with Sasquatch is an excellent choice for the money .....you made a wise purchase and I hope you enjoy your rig.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is exactly right, its just a mash of upgrades that already came on other models. The sticker and the black painted items are what you get for free really. I think Ford actually missed an opportunity to make more money here. Keep the OBX price it is and then add WT for $1000-$1500 for blackout package, different interior, WT stickers, and the extra Baja GOAT mode and BAM! people are all over that HOs on Santa. Maybe even go a little higher in money and add the bash plates and rock rails but keep the plastic bumpers. Now the WT would be special in a way of its own.
Well, to be fair the WT is not just OBX with blacked out trinkets and a bigger price tag. It’s standard with Sasquatch and the 2.7L and a total of around $7k in total upgrades over the OBX.....you can get the OBX close, but it’s going to cost you. And none of the other models/trims come packed like the WT either.....you can add the engine, auto and Sas and make the Badlands better or it’s equal in virtually every facet (except sport mode), like I did, but it’s gonna cost you. You can also add armor, steel bumper and sliders and get the Wt close to the BL, but that costs as well. Everybody makes choices for their own reasons and there is no right or wrongBronco, just different priorities and tastes.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With that logic you could drop BL....its just a cheap version of the FE
Umm...First Editions are limited derivatives by nature. You wouldn't eliminate the model it's based on when they'll disappear shortly on their own.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well... Badlands and FE are the only ones with ALL THE SUPER COOL HERO SWITCH BUTTON THINGYS. Sooooo....
Ford Bronco Bronco model misconceptions mic-drop-mic

/End thread.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And that’s what works for you. I have a Badlands on order. I just don’t like the way some people try and justify their decisions by bashing on other peoples choices. If you are confident in your order, like you are, then stand by it on its own merits and refrain from personal attacks on other people and the vehicle choice that works for them. The Base 2.7 with Sasquatch is an excellent choice for the money .....you made a wise purchase and I hope you enjoy your rig.
I don't think anyone is truly bashing or ripping on anyone's choice of trim, but some of Fords choices were just not normal for them. They have a way of doing trims that is almost exactly the same across every line and then Bronco came up and some of what we expected from them got tossed. Both bad and good is included. I think everyone having a shot at Sas on every trim benefited everyone. Some of the choices they made for BD and WT were way off to me. Interior choices were changed and overall most people would have it Fords normal way. Interior colors along with material choice is a staple for Ford and they took most of that away on the Bronco. Ford watches these forums and its a good place to post feedback. I don't hate WT at all but it could have been placed differently and maybe another trim could have been improved to fill the vacant hole. I think they could have done away with BD if they had made the sway disconnect an option on BL.....why even have it? It could have been Base-BB-<OBX-WT>-<BL 33" no disconnect-BL>. Then spread the interior colors out to where you had choices. Grey/Tan cloth for Base/BB, Brown/Blue/Tan for OBX, and Grey/Black or Black for BL.

All of us wnat the Bronco to be the best it can be in the end.
Sponsored