First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
19.0 mpg combined so far, not bad at imo.

IMG_2736[1].JPG

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The EPA City mileage for a badlands Sasquatch is 16 miles per gallon. This thread is about comparing the base Bronco with other base four-wheel drive trucks. All that hardcore off-road hardware isn't free to buy and it's not free in gas. It also is nonsensical to compare that with less capable vehicles. Bottom line is the Bronco is comparable and even better than some of its contemporaries AKA Tacoma and 4Runner. Real real world mileage? You can argue that all you want it's meaningless whose numbers are you going to use? A well-known magazine rated Jeep diesel at 10 miles per gallon under EPA on their 75 mph route. I don't take that as gospel either too many variables. EPA may not always be correct but I'm pretty sure they attempt to rate all vehicles under the same guidelines. Just my two cents. No gas or diesel 4x4 truck is a vehicle to buy for a gas mileage.
I don't think I was trying to argue anything lol.

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2Dr BL, 2.3 7M, 2,400 mi. 18.5mpg. mixed use, with the first 1k miles on 87 octane and the last 4 tanks have been 93 octane!

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

that's impressive, guess I'm lowering my badland to get that sweet OBX aerodynamics
Ouch! :oops: :D Point taken. Spent all my extra dollars on the Bronco I wanted (except wheels & tires) so I'll be raising my 'profile' when my mall mom tires wear out, gives me something to look forward to! lol!

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands/squatch, 1978 gen2, 1975 gen1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door badlands sas, 2.7, 4.7 gears, soft top. 1200 mile avg is 10.9mpg. I’ve done quite a bit of that off-road, and had several long periods of sitting at idle, and admittedly heavy foot, especially for that first few hundred miles. When I use eco, and drive the speed limit with a soft foot, I’ve been able to squeeze 14-15 mpg out of it. Is it just my gearing/35s, or should I be concerned that something is wrong? It runs like a bat out of hell, in 2h I can feel the ass end drop when I put it in reverse…

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am coming from mostly Xterras that got about 19mpg average using 87 on country roads (pretty straight 45-55 mph). So far in less than 300 miles I have hit 17mpg today in frigid/snowy weather ,so its been idle often and in 4A the whole time. 2.3 manual badlands soft top. I think in a few months I will actually be happy with the mpg I get until I up to 33's at least. Window sticker states 17/19.
Ford Bronco Bronco MPG, Respectable 1642283594983

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am NOT getting anywhere near that 20/22. I'm lucky if I get 16 city. Granted I have a 2-door BL with the V6, but still, it's pretty bad.

Sponsored

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have 18.8 lifetime at over 7100 miles on E87. I'm happy with that.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did you think would happen when you opt for 35" tires and low gearing? Of course the 20/22 rating is for non Sas 2.3L, or base if you want to call it that. Sasquatch is rated 17/17! This is about comparing to similar vehicles with similar capabilities.
I drive my Badlands Sasquatch mostly on highways when not off-road. Ranges from 18-20 depending on driving style and variation in elevation. Premium gas seems to help, also have the tires at a tad higher psi.
Sponsored