Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove it many years ago in my lifted 90s explorer on mud tires and get held up by motorcycles and cars.

Too many tourists who go just to say they did it and have a photo op.
Getting stuck behind a Harley is a fate worse than death.
Sponsored

615_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D BL, SAS, MT, & 2015 F-350 DRW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey thatā€™s fun! I was nearby doing similar things this weekend going through Pisgah / Nantahala / Cherokee National Forests. Thereā€™s another fun road they call the Rattlerā€™s Den in NC with 290 turns over 25 miles (so less than the dragons, but very fun) ā€” itā€™s NC 209
South Cherokee gravel roads is where its at! Canā€™t wait to get back home and then cruise East to the mountains.
most of my rock chips on my doors came from there šŸ˜†

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live less than an hour away and can remember the week I got my 2002 SVT Focus, Oct 6th 2002. I ran the Dragon 12 times in one day and saw maybe 5 cars and it was on a Sunday, the day after the TN vs Ark 6 OT game cause I stayed in Knoxville that night. Social media and tourist have absolutely ruined it for us locals now.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

God I miss that road, circa 2005. I learned to ride a motorcycle there, talk about a steep learning curve.

Sponsored

615_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D BL, SAS, MT, & 2015 F-350 DRW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live less than an hour away and can remember the week I got my 2002 SVT Focus, Oct 6th 2002. I ran the Dragon 12 times in one day and saw maybe 5 cars and it was on a Sunday, the day after the TN vs Ark 6 OT game cause I stayed in Knoxville that night. Social media and tourist have absolutely ruined it for us locals now.
GBšŸŠ šŸ»

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Oh there are still times to go, I do it all the time and of course following the 35mph limit... I have done it a bunch with no one on there during the daylight. The locals down here do a ton of night runs like 2am stuff its quite the craziness.

OP
OP
Billnchristy

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man, I did blood mountain at night in my bmw once and it was such a different experience.

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hereā€™s a bit of a different use of the ole girl. We were on our way to blue ridge from Knoxville and itā€™s just an hour detour so I couldnā€™t resist.

as with my trip last year in my bmw, I got held up by a motorcycle but it wasnā€™t too awful this time.

She did well, was quite a handful but sport and 4a was nice.

Ford Bronco Bronco on the Tail of The Dragon Front Small
Nice! I took my Camaro SS to Barber Motor Speedway in Birmingham, AL for track day, if you have a Barber Motorsports personalized tag. It is more of a "Parade" type track experience. They keep you single file, with no passing, or they will pull you from the track. A bonehead in front of me (go back to the "No passing" part...) in an early 90's Corvette, pulling a freaking TRAILER. A Trailer! It was a small, fiberglass gear trailer, shaped like the Corvette, same color, etc. Completely ruined my experience.

Screenshot_20230913_085510_Facebook.jpg

Sponsored

Snakk Attakk

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I always wanted to ride the dragon but haven't managed to get out there.

Is that the slowpoke bike in the one photo? I can't tell what it is.

Snakk Attakk

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey thatā€™s fun! I was nearby doing similar things this weekend going through Pisgah / Nantahala / Cherokee National Forests. Thereā€™s another fun road they call the Rattlerā€™s Den in NC with 290 turns over 25 miles (so less than the dragons, but very fun) ā€” itā€™s NC 209
That one does look good. NC 181 is my go-to fun road if I'm near Grandfather Mountain.

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bada$$ y'all, sweet pix! Looks like a blast! Hell my Badlands on 37's scares the crap outta me getting on the freeway and going straight, I couldn't imagine TOD in a Bronc!
Sponsored