First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got some requests for better pics of the tires, this should provide a better idea on the stance. Have had to travel a lot so still breaking in the truck so no reliable MPG info yet, but going great and this thing has a lot of power & will go through anything.
Sponsored

dogbone65

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gmc AT4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We just orderd same Bronco for wife. Had to show her your pictures as she wanted the SAS package as she thought it was cool looking. Knowing she will drive this everyday to work which sometims is over a hundred miles a day she would not like that noisy. Please let us know how MPG is and hwy at 70 noise is with tires.

Thanks

Mglenn005

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fusion hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Day 1 reservation holder, confirmed 1/27/21, converted 4/6/21, purchased from Fair Oaks Ford in Naperville, IL and had a solid overall experience and they took great care of me through the entire process, I got the truck the day the carrier arrived at the dealership.

Outer Banks, Carb Grey, MIC, 2.7, LUX, Leather/roast, towing, P265/70R/18 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

Received my OB right at the start of the year so 2022 is off to a terrific start! I have owned a few TJ's, both soft & hard tops, lifted & not lifted, stick & auto so I have a very good idea on Jeeps overall as a comparison & this thing is in a totally different league in terms of overall enjoyment so far! It is so nice to have a truck that handles like this, no steering play nor wobble, the suspension is tight and has a terrific overall ride. I have not put this off road yet as in the very early stages of breaking it in, but could not be happier with this truck as it was worth the wait. I should mention the comfort of the seats in this truck are the best I have ever seen, so comfortable!

Tires: It took me no time to get rid of the stock donuts installed and I took a slightly different approach than most of the post reviews and I went with more moderately sized P265/70R/18 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W with an SL rating. As I looked at the bigger tire options, they are almost all E rated and I will not be doing heavy off roading on this vehicle near term. I am very happy with the 265 size in SL which is only 47lbs per tire and a great ride, haven't had long enough to confirm MPG yet. As you will see from the pics attached, it provides a great stance on this truck and I have not had any tire hum that is noticeable which is important to me as I have dealt with that with past tires and it gets annoying. Very happy that I did not go overboard on the tire sizing.

MIC: Top looked great overall, the road noise is not too bad from what I have seen so far going 80 down the highway, only really noticed it when radio is off. I have also put this through a drive through high pressure car wash and zero leaks so not complaints on the top.

Tech: Very happy I sprung for the LUX, the 12" screen is amazing and I highly recommend. The Sync 4 system has been hands down the best infotainment system I have ever used or seen and I have had many nice vehicles. The calls via Bluetooth are incredibly clear both ways and the volume is loud, I do not find myself having to talk loud or listen closely. The B&O sound system sounds pretty damn good too, maybe down the road will upgrade the sub to a heavier magnet for deeper bass tones, but quite happy with the sound overall and it has a lot of volume.

Those are probably the key points, the truck has been perfect overall and I am a perfectionist so a shout out to Ford for a Quality 1 production from my side, I plan to keep this truck for life as I will convert it to a spare vehicle when the time comes for hunting trips and such so I am in this one for the long haul.
Cheers & happy driving!

side pic.jpg

passenger.jpg
Nice review, nice obx. Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference in these tires versus stock. I think stock are 32” AT. I’m not a tire guy.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best color to go with the MIC. Great choice!

OP
OP
mcuz

mcuz

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice review, nice obx. Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference in these tires versus stock. I think stock are 32” AT. I’m not a tire guy.
33” and wider, much more aggressive A/T treads. Stock tires don’t look right, these changed the look to more of what it should have been from the factory. No road noise observed city or highway at this point with the tires selected.

Sponsored

Cmccmc

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an order in for an OBX, who knows when it will come so I'm spending tons of time looking at replacement tires. What are you all doing with the 5 stock tires? Any luck selling here or to a local tire shop maybe?

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an order in for an OBX, who knows when it will come so I'm spending tons of time looking at replacement tires. What are you all doing with the 5 stock tires? Any luck selling here or to a local tire shop maybe?
I was wondering that same thing?!?!

OP
OP
mcuz

mcuz

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got a pretty good deal on the purchase of the new tires from Discount Tire who I have been loyal too for a long time, but could only get them to give me $40/tire or $200/total to buy back the brand new tires. I could have listed them and tried to resell but it seemed like a total pain in the ass so I took the $200 and moved on.

Cmccmc

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got a pretty good deal on the purchase of the new tires from Discount Tire who I have been loyal too for a long time, but could only get them to give me $40/tire or $200/total to buy back the brand new tires. I could have listed them and tried to resell but it seemed like a total pain in the ass so I took the $200 and moved on.
Cool thanks. Yeah I think I'd rather do something like this rather than sell on my own.
Sponsored