Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150, 00 WS6, 95 OBS Dually, 87 PETE 379
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's my dealership I'm working with that won't respond to me.
Really? They’ve been great for us. I’ll send you a message.
Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone have problems with reservations website? I got my reservation in and dealer said I had to confirm order but Ford website kept freezing when trying to confirm my dealer and order. Local dealer also had same problem.

Maybe with the news for August people are flooding the website with cancellations.
Perhaps you need to check the Wifi conection, if it doesn't work, just boost the conectivity with Alt+F4.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How exactly would one do that? You obviously don't understand the complexities of manufacturing, especially during a global pandemic where not
only could you not get raw materials or components or labor or shipping from Asia... etc etc
I understand enough to know that Ford doesn't really deal with much raw material purchasing.... Ford is large enough and has enough buying power to have 10 different suppliers for any given component. Sure there are global constraints on certain supplies (microchips) because of specialization, but the fact that they couldn't get enough tow packages made, that's just bad planning... Now they're saying modular bumpers could be an issue, bad planning. The fact that they have exactly 1 supplier for MIC tops, terrible, awful, bad planning....

Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I canceled my order a few months ago. No Bronco for us. Will buy one for sure when this shitshow ends and discounts come into dealers, maybe 3 years from now? meanwhile I am having a lot of fun with this thing called Jeep on stock rubicon suspension and tires.

I hope to see you guys on the trail soon so we can all wheel together. Good luck!
IMG_20210801_085158474_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210801_082944219_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210801_082936410_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210801_111319317_HDR.jpg
On behalf of all Bronco reservation holders, We thank you.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a fellow lottery winner i agree with you, but imagine winning a lottery and then no one telling you what's going on for 41 days lol. Either way it's a recipe for frustration.
you gave your winning ticket to the clerk at the gas station, he says he is going in the back to get the cash and then...(41 days and a dozen excuses and new deadlines later...). I can see that causing more anxiety than waiting for a mythical future build date.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't expect @Ford Motor Company to reply. They are too cowardly, and don't respect the people that buy their vehicles.
Great chance that user is one of a ton of employees paid to just monitor sites like this to flag anything important to pass up the chain. Ford isn't likely to use that or any other handle on a site like this as an official problem solving channel. Flag them for things that need their attention but don't sit up waiting for a solution via that means.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone else thinking all of the setbacks might kill the bronco?
Ford should sell all the Bronco IP/rights to Toyota. Let a company that actually has auto management experience give it a try.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think anyone thinks Ford is doing this intentionally to piss customers off. I also don't think Ford can keep leaning on the Covid excuse. They had plenty of time to account for that and given the amount of orders should have been stock-piling parts way ahead of time instead of worrying so much about Lean manufacturing.

I think this should be a big lesson for Ford that the just-in-time manufacturing model doesn't work super well when you have tens of thousands of orders for something but you can't get your suppliers to supply quality product.

I do have some empathy for Ford. I get that every second MAP is not running is thousands of dollars they're not producing and money out out of their pocket. I do hope they get better from all of this. Still doesn't mean I can't be upset at them for it all...
A news story yesterday talked about more than 30 container ships off the coast near LA. Not enough chassis or drivers to move containers once they get there. Supply chain is a nightmare right now for everything. You can't plan ahead for the things that are happening right now because they never have happened before on this scale. COVID put all this in motion and the effects will continue to be present for many more months to come. I don't think they could stockpile parts even if they wanted to.

Sponticore

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My two feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you gave your winning ticket to the clerk at the gas station, he says he is going in the back to get the cash and then...(41 days and a dozen excuses and new deadlines later...). I can see that causing more anxiety than waiting for a mythical future build date.
It's simply irrational frustration (it's made where is it) versus rational (it hasn't even been scheduled to be made)

As much as we all really want this sick rig i think it's good to reflect on how much worse it could be considering the global supply chain is completely broken. I just hope it doesn't get worse...

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
First thing Ford should do is return the $100 reservation fee to every one who had yet to receive their vehicle. It wouldn’t be about the money, but it would be a decent response to this debacle. I have concluded my MY 22 has been turned into a MY 23. In other news, my Bronco hunger strike has enabled me to lose 33 pounds.
I don't want the $100 back. I want my Bronco whenever is ready.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Status
Not open for further replies.