Sponsored

Bronco Quality... Underlying reason?

What is the primary reason for all the Bronco Bugs/Gremlins?

• Total voters

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not talking about delays, or constraints. I'm talking about all the issues and bugs. From blown engines, to loose hoses, to electrical gremlins, bad connections, leaking axles, ect.
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford went all electrical to control everything when they should have gone manual.

What makes them think they can program a car when they can't even program their websites correctly?

And then, when they do program the car, you can't edit things in settings, you need forscan. Can't even get full sound to rear speakers in settings, or change the guages when it's just a screen.

Basically tried to go all new tech, but it's pointless if it don't work and can't do what you want to

Last edited:

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1st year of a brand new platform mixed with modern communication methods. There are over 30,000 members of this forum. Of course, not everyone has their Bronco yet, but you're going to hear about it every time someone has a minor issue. It's too early to tell if these things are widespread or just concentrated on small batches.

The Ford/International 6.0 diesel... with the f***ed headstuds... that was a problem.

The 2.7 dropped valve might not be a problem and could just be a bad batch.

I can say that as of right now I have had zero issues. But... this is a forum, you'll hear about it when I do have a problem.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need a both option. Faulty components are a major issue but so is the lack of QC and testing. Engine valves are one thing but a coolant hose too close to a pulley is another.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A little of all 3.

1. No design is perfect.
2. Labor turmoil leads to more assembly mistakes.
3. See #2 for the supplier's work force.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had no issues of consequence other than the top. Forums and social media emphasize the negative and negative results are much more likely to get posted and followed on the forums. Just human nature ultra focused by our interest, passion and technology.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am pretty sure that 99% of Bronco owners who don't read this forum aren't aware that their are any supposed issues and are just driving happily along without problem.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a brand new design. Add in the fact the production lines started and stopped several times prevented assemblers from getting in a rhythm and engraining the assembly processes in their minds and you get poor quality.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need a both option. Faulty components are a major issue but so is the lack of QC and testing. Engine valves are one thing but a coolant hose too close to a pulley is another.
As a side note, besides the 16 month wait, no issues with my dealer (no ADM), zero issues with my Bronco at 3500 miles and love every minute I'm driving it! (I did zip-tie the coolant hose when I got home from taking delivery to avoid any issues.)

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a brand new design. Add in the fact the production lines started and stopped several times prevented assemblers from getting in a rhythm and engraining the assembly processes in their minds and you get poor quality.
Except it's not. A 2.3 Bronco has a high commonality to the 2.3 Ranger ahead and behind it on the MAP assembly line. It's a Ranger with a body kit the same way an H3 was a Colorado underneath. This isn't rocket surgery. Everything on the Bronco assembles exactly like the Ranger does by design. They receive dash, seat, chassis, engine and transmission modules pre-assembled and bolt them into place, 60% of the vehicle is assembled before any of it enters the building.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Working from home doesn't work in manufacturing, especially on a new program launch.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought about allowing more than one choice, but then everyone would have just selected everything :)

I have no doubt that there's some design flaws, I also know that they are getting garbage from their vendors (probably due to supply chain limitations and trying to force higher production numbers).

Personally I feel that the largest contributor to all the issues were having is actually the assembly. There are so many people that are having electrical gremlins, warning lights, things not going into certain modes. We've had multiple front axle issues because they weren't assembled correctly. Wire harness is not properly clipped into place and rubbing on drive lines, electrical connectors not being fully seated, fuse boxes and batteries not being tight.

Ford likes to point fingers, but if they were actually assembling the Broncos with "quality in mind", I think besides the MIC and the blown motors, they would be a significant reduction in issues.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought about allowing more than one choice, but then everyone would have just selected everything :)

I have no doubt that there's some design flaws, I also know that they are getting garbage from their vendors (probably due to supply chain limitations and trying to force higher production numbers).

Personally I feel that the largest contributor to all the issues were having is actually the assembly. There are so many people that are having electrical gremlins, warning lights, things not going into certain modes. We've had multiple front axle issues because they weren't assembled correctly. Wire harness is not properly clipped into place and rubbing on drive lines, electrical connectors not being fully seated, fuse boxes and batteries not being tight.

Ford likes to point fingers, but if they were actually assembling the Broncos with "quality in mind", I think besides the MIC and the blown motors, they would be a significant reduction in issues.
Agreed.

Coincidentally, mine went through extended QC controls/checks. At the time I was upset because everyone on the same build day had their rigs zip right through production and on to transport. Mine was held up 5 days. Either there was a problem that they caught and addressed or mine was just yanked for extended controls according to Ford after my dealer inquired for me (they won't or can't tell you specifically why it is being held up just the most common reasons). Either way I'm glad they did. Mine is fully loaded (other than MIC top) and it has been absolutely perfect (knocking on wood now). No electrical gremlins, no software hiccups etc. Just how you want to take delivery.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Except it's not. A 2.3 Bronco has a high commonality to the 2.3 Ranger ahead and behind it on the MAP assembly line. It's a Ranger with a body kit the same way an H3 was a Colorado underneath. This isn't rocket surgery. Everything on the Bronco assembles exactly like the Ranger does by design. They receive dash, seat, chassis, engine and transmission modules pre-assembled and bolt them into place, 60% of the vehicle is assembled before any of it enters the building.
Isn’t the bronco built on the next gen ranger platform?
Sponsored