Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I did some research. If you want a shorter antenna that still gets good reception then take a look at this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BDKNQWM?tag=amateurradiowiki-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1
I have this on my Raptor and it works...I can still pickup all our local radio stations...well local for 50 miles away but you do get a bit of static sometimes the stock antenna did not demonstrate. But was the best solution if you dont want to hear it beating off the garage door.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It is likely that the "whip" (wire) part of the antenna will be removeable. The FIRST thing that I would recommend is removing it cut off enough such that the tip is ~1" above your roof rails. This solves two problems. 1) You can now easily go in and out of your garage at home; and 2) it can now serve as a guide if you ever enter a public parking garage. If the antenna starts to scrape, you know you may be in trouble and if it fits, you know you'll be fine.
Oh that's a good idea...hmm, has anyone done this? I am guessing you might need a little heat shrink on the end you cut...what about the ball on the end does it need to be put back on somehow (epoxy, etc) or does it screw off too?

KD4RHO

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base