Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also of note is the beefed-up suspension connection points on the frame. That guy trying to run 37s adjacent to the LiteBrite team might want to take notice before he wrecks his frame.
I'll be running 37's on my non-squatch badlands in the future. I anticipate no issues frame wise. The Raptor variant is super built, and I am definitely envious of its hardware, but that just means when people mod them they'll be running the next size up, or two, likely without any frame issues either. Either that, or they will be able to run those 37's a hell of a lot harder than anyone one typically would in a stock rig. Heck its even starting with a Dana-50 on a "midsize" truck!
Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my dreams of raptor-swapping my basesquatch will be limited...if at all possible.
To be fair, its always been more economical or at least more sensible to buy an F-150 Raptor than to turn an F-150 into a Raptor. But that doesn't mean its impossible, or that there isn't value to first starting out cheap and figuring out what the aftermarket offers to bridge the gap. I hope to make mine as raptoresk as possible. Whether that's through aftermarket or Ford permormance remains to be seen I guess.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be running 37's on my non-squatch badlands in the future. I anticipate no issues frame wise. The Raptor variant is super built, and I am definitely envious of its hardware, but that just means when people mod them they'll be running the next size up, or two, likely without any frame issues either. Either that, or they will be able to run those 37's a hell of a lot harder than anyone one typically would in a stock rig. Heck its even starting with a Dana-50 on a "midsize" truck!
If your name isn't BroncBuster (or whatever that guy's nickname is? BroncoBuster?), you probably won't be beating on yours like he does on his. You can put 37s on if you take care of the suspension clearance and travel constraints, but you can't expect to throw it at a rock wall and not complain back at you. If you've seen certain litebrite videos linked on this forum, you already know what I'm talking about.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@8:33 - Reason for extra support for spare tire hanger. Makes me wonder. If 35s are maxing out the standard design, are sagging tailgates in Sasquatch's future?
A year ago I got a ride in a Bronco at King of the Hammers and posted on here that the tailgate rattled terribly off road. The driver said it was "pre production" but I wondered it the tailgate was strong enough for the weight of the wheel and the leverage it has on those hinges.

Here is the post from a year ago.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...m-a-jeep-ranger-rover-and-bronco-owner.12358/

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your name isn't BroncBuster (or whatever that guy's nickname is? BroncoBuster?), you probably won't be beating on yours like he does on his. You can put 37s on if you take care of the suspension clearance and travel constraints, but you can't expect to throw it at a rock wall and not complain back at you. If you've seen certain litebrite videos linked on this forum, you already know what I'm talking about.
I've already got a video of my own, I wouldn't call it beating perhaps, but not babying it either. I wont defend BroncBuster build, but none of those issues stem from the frame either... But I agree on properly taking care of suspension. Proper suspension set up definitely trumps the next size up tire for all around wheeling.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thinking about Bronco Raptor horsepower, which has not been officially declared. The 2022 Explorer ST with 3.0 Ecoboost is already rated at 400hp/415 lbft, and that is without the revised intake/exhaust/new turbos/cooling/etc of the Bronco Raptor. The F150 Raptor with 3.5 Ecoboost is rated at 450 hp versus the standard F150 3.5 Ecoboost at 400hp, a 50 hp improvement. Is it too much of a leap of faith to think the new Bronco Raptor will be rated at 450 hp, a 50 hp improvement over the Explorer ST?

And then, noodle this: The Jeep Wrangler is rated at 470 hp, only a 20 hp bump from there.

And then, consider this: The Ford GT Supercar with 3.5 Ecoboost is rated at 660hp, a 210 hp improvement over the F150 Raptor.

So, as I watched the videos, and noticed the body language and wry smile of the Ford engineers when discussing the horsepower, could we have a Bronco Raptor at 475 hp?

Would be sweet revenge for Ford, as a response to Jeep for launching the V8 Wrangler the same day Ford announced the Bronco.

When you are retired, as I am, you have plenty of time to think...
Sponsored