Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all!

I went to the Ford Performance parts store looking for a diff cover... I am not in the market but stumbled across this:

BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT| Part Details for M-3200-WT | Ford Performance Parts - https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-3200-WT

BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT

Part number: M-3200-WT
Retail Price: $1,300.00

Upgrade your Bronco's off-road capability with an all-new, complete, ready-to-install Steering Gear from Ford Performance Parts.

Featuring a higher torque motor and improved and reinforced steering gear casing from the Bronco Raptor, stronger inner tie rods with improved articulation, and reinforced outer tie rods with increased deflection ball joints. Significantly reduces steering efforts in various off-road conditions.

Requires Ford Pro-Cal 4 to program and configure the steering gear.
  • 2.7 Bronco with Performance Tune - M-9603-B27
  • 2.3 Bronco with Performance Tune - M-9603-B23
  • Pro-Cal 4 Tool only (minimum required to complete install) - M-12655-F
Fitment
  • 2021-2024 2Dr (all models) are compatible
  • 2021-2024 4Dr Bronco with Sasquatch package
  • 2021-2022.5 4Dr Bronco Wildtrak®
***Module configuration required***

Note: Pro-Cal 4 needs to be connected to the vehicle before the original steering rack is removed to be able to proper configure and program the new steering gear.

Exclusions: 2021-2023 Bronco 4Dr Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, Black Diamond, Badlands that do NOT have the factory Sasquatch Package.

M-3200-WT (1).jpeg
Awesome they have come out with this , however I’m on 3rd week awaiting warranty rear end… lol enough said ???

Gray_Ghost

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Super Duty, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alot of yada yada talk. If your steering rack fails, ya sure upgrade it then. Thats the best approach. Know your limits and the limits of your rig and all these "failures" can be avoided. All these upgrades are a waist of money and time if the person in the DS doesn't have what it takes. Know your limits.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sure there are a bunch of people that don’t need this upgrade, but there are a bunch that do and don’t know it. All it takes is sliding off the side of one ledge into a rock wrong and you pop the tie rod or rack and if you’re in the middle of nowhere on a bad Elevation change it’s going to be a son of a bitch to get out of there. It’s definitely better to be prepared.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sure there are a bunch of people that don’t need this upgrade, but there are a bunch that do and don’t know it. All it takes is sliding off the side of one ledge into a rock wrong and you pop the tie rod or rack and if you’re in the middle of nowhere on a bad Elevation change it’s going to be a son of a bitch to get out of there. It’s definitely better to be prepared.

Yeah, tie rod at the wrong place is bad, rack is reeeeeaaaaly bad. I've had to do a lot of trail repairs and/or limp back to camp, but that would not be a good time.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I work the system good enough?? Can't beat the price. :ROFLMAO:

Rack purchase.jpg

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands;2015 Hellcat;2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered this rack and the Pro Cal tune together on the Ford Performance site. Then realized almost every other vendor has the Pro Cal for $130 less than Ford does. Called them and this is a non returnable item and no cancelation allowed. Bottom line, don’t over spend like me and shop for the best price. The $150 off the rack was great. Just could have done better on the Pro-Cal.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as you are reasonably comfortable with computers it's really quite easy. I have a video coming out in the next few days regarding FDRS programming if you want to get a sense for what it'll be like.
Looking forward to this. I've been tempted to get the 2-day just to poke around and see what i can do, but I need to also get a compatible dongle (I don't have the full J2534 adapter, although i hear VXDiag VCX Nano works for about $100, and I've heard about Mongoose Plus for about $500).

Would love to see what kind of things FDRS can do other than program the keypads and steering racks.
First video is out. It's just a really quick general overview, I'll have videos in the future where I actually do stuff (editing one of them right now). This is really just the foundational "how to set FDRS up" video so I had something to point to in the future videos.

If you pause the video where I look at the Toolbox features you can get a sense for what's possible.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First video is out. It's just a really quick general overview, I'll have videos in the future where I actually do stuff (editing one of them right now). This is really just the foundational "how to set FDRS up" video so I had something to point to in the future videos.

If you pause the video where I look at the Toolbox features you can get a sense for what's possible.

Right on. I want to learn how to program the HVAC controls for rear defrost…

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for making this. Is your next video going to cover Procal use? (particularly with the steering rack)

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for making this. Is your next video going to cover Procal use? (particularly with the steering rack) HOSS 3.0 ON BADLAND 2023
TRACKTOY

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for making this. Is your next video going to cover Procal use? (particularly with the steering rack) HOSS 3.0 ON BADLAND 2023
TRACKTOY
I won't be able to personally because I have one of the unsupported vehicles. But I do have a ProCal and if someone nearby wants to work with me then I'll try to make a video for it.

As @Snacktime will tell you... the ProCal Is super underwhelming, which is why I haven't done a video on it yet. But maybe I will anyway just to show how underwhelming it is.
Sponsored