Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
Actually it's a feature - atleast they won't need to use a box cutter to get in :)
Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They finally made a video about it after a certain thread was posted. ;)

I can honestly say that the soft top on my JL is better. That lift up feature is pretty cool, but the rest of the top just looks cheap and clunky. The JL top folds down flatter and in mine, it still blocks my rearward view. I also think those side windows need to be held in better.
Agree. JL soft top is better and looks to be faster to take off and put on. I don't like the clips and can see them breaking over time. JL soft top was a big improvement over Jeep JK and earlier tops.

While I am looking forward to the 2dr bronco and switching from my 2dr JL. But Jeep definitely has better tops at this point.

roxbury29

Wildtrak
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/JK 4dr. Wrangler/Flex/Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That video was not impressive. Hard top is most certainly what I would go with. JK Wrangler Jeep soft top was a pain and like this video, the best part is removing it and selling it.
Modular Hard top would definitely be much nicer.

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
BUT I wonder how long those little plastic clips will last before they bust and you're buying new windows. I used to break those things all the time on any backpack that had them.
Thanks for the feedback of a Jeep owner as I haven't owned a Jeep nor a convertible before.

As far as the plastic clips, it'll just depends on what plastic quality they make it out of. Our military gear survived much worse than those clips could and yet we had those clips on all sorts of things, they were just made out of really tough stuff. I would just replace any broken clips with replacement Marine clips. They're not that expensive and can be found online here and there. They're usually coyote (tan colored).

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks bronco nation. Soft top is out but now I’m confused about Area 51 and whether I need Sasquatch. That rig was awesome.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
It’s a soft top, you can get in with a pocket knife.

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Actually it's a feature - atleast they won't need to use a box cutter to get in :)
you joke but thats exactly why I left my convertible unlocked.

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Car soft tops are different. There's a false wall in the trunk that typically stores or hides the folding mechanism and motor for the automatic top. The open cargo area of an suv doesn't allow for this same type of top operation. And yes, soft tops aren't for everyone or for every season. I just appreciate them for the ease of use to quickly open or close the top without having to worry about leaving a hard top at home and predicting what the weather will be like while I'm away. After being caught in the rain a couple of times away from home or being tired of bolting and unbolting my hard top and hoisting it up into my rafters all the time, I finally sold my hard top and bought a soft top.
In the 90s, I spent a lot of time removing my Suzuki Samurai, Suzuki Sidekick and Jeep tops and I honestly didn't care for it... They were all one man operations at least. They always seemed overly complicated than they should be. That video just brought back painful memories for me and seems even worse than the models I'm familiar with.

I've never owned a hard top though... All soft tops. So, I don't have the experience/pain that hardtops create. Might just be a grass is greener on the other side thing.

Sponsored

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ran a soft top in my JK. Loved it. This one is gonna be sweet. I love the easy complete removal feature.

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if it was posted here before, but 7PM EST it will be shown:

Seems like a great top to me. I am still taken back by the amount of whining we are so afforded in this country. Able to drop 30,40,50,60k on a car and bitch about everything, much of it so small. A Kardashian America I suppose....

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Option #201 lockable side window clips ?

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure if it was posted here before, but 7PM EST it will be shown:

Wow! I did not know that the soft top could be made into a convertible! I think it’s super-cool. I am asking FORD now to PLEASE let me order my FE with this soft top instead of MIC, so I can add the painted hard top later and not end up with two hard tops.