First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
…Is calling the Sport a Bronco Ford’s biggest mistake in relation to this launch?

Every Sport owner calls their vehicle a Bronco. It reminds me of when i had a Wrangler, and somebody I’d meet would say, “Oh! I have a Jeep, too!” Then she’d show me her Liberty.

I mean, drop the name already. Call it anything else!
Wait 'til I tell you that a 4 Door Bronco is NOT a Bronco. Has not been that way for 57 years and isn't now. Nothing different than Mach-E, not being a Mustang. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The Bronco II was actually still a body on frame truck with solid axles. It was surprisingly capable off road.
And was Ranger based like the current Bronco is! The Sport should have been buried under the Maverick name, would have had the same market response and no one would have cared.

Out running errands today and it was Jeep, Jeep, Jeep, Sport, Jeep ... Braptor, kind of hard for anyone to confuse that!

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No!
1st - Naming the Mach e a mustang is.
2nd - naming the electric f-150 a lightning.
3rd - bronco sport

OP
OP
RELEGATION BATTLE

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait 'til I tell you that a 4 Door Bronco is NOT a Bronco. Has not been that way for 57 years and isn't now. Nothing different than Mach-E, not being a Mustang. :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Wait until I tell you that I agree with you. I’ve been saying this from Day 1. There’s actually no such thing as a 4-dr Bronco.

Bronco XL or EXT would be perfect for it, if they indeed kept the name.

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They’re calling their electric crossover a Mustang so nothing surprises me anymore, but it’s not a Bronco anymore than the “E Mach is a Mustang.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait until I tell you that I agree with you. I’ve been saying this from Day 1. There’s actually no such thing as a 4-dr Bronco.

Or the Clydesdale…

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can we also go back to calling it camping,of course its over land its a freaking car.
Overlanding is not camping, camping is something you do when overlanding.
Overlanding describes self-reliant adventure travel to remote destinations where the journey is the primary goal. Typically, but not exclusively, accommodated by mechanized off-highway capable transport (from bicycles to trucks) where the principal form of lodging is camping; often lasting for extended lengths of time (months to years) and often spanning international boundaries. While expedition is defined as a journey with a purpose, overlanding sees the journey as the purpose.

People get overlanding confused with car camping just like people get the Bronco Sport and Bronco confused, it happens deal with it. If you are an enthusiast then education yourself if not, then you can be just like the billions of others walking around dazed and confused. (great movie by the way)

It seems some are still fighting an already lost battle. At least Ford gave a hat tip to history when they said the two door was the "flagship" at the launch, I laughed when they said that in 2020. I knew the two door would quickly be in the background and 90% sold will be 4 door and the aftermarket may not even recognize a two door exists, basically the 4 door allows the 2 door to be made.

I have a JK, just so you know JK= 2 door JKU= 4 door, I call it a JK all the time when talking to a people (this is versus CJ, TJ, or JL), they always ask "2 or 4 door", some years back I stopped rolling my eyes and explaining to them the mistake. Now I just say "two" and keep on point. However, the mistake does allow me to instantly judge them and their entire life/existence, so there is that.

My point is your truth is your own, and history may even support it, but the present belongs to the four doors, might as well accept it.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Disagree. They built a two door. Called it a Bronco. They added 2 more doors to the Bronco and call it a 4 door. The Mach E and Mustang. Those are not the same car period. I agree there.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Overlanding is not camping, camping is something you do when overlanding.
Overlanding describes self-reliant adventure travel to remote destinations where the journey is the primary goal. Typically, but not exclusively, accommodated by mechanized off-highway capable transport (from bicycles to trucks) where the principal form of lodging is camping; often lasting for extended lengths of time (months to years) and often spanning international boundaries. While expedition is defined as a journey with a purpose, overlanding sees the journey as the purpose.

People get overlanding confused with car camping just like people get the Bronco Sport and Bronco confused, it happens deal with it. If you are an enthusiast then education yourself if not, then you can be just like the billions of others walking around dazed and confused. (great movie by the way)

It seems some are still fighting an already lost battle. At least Ford gave a hat tip to history when they said the two door was the "flagship" at the launch, I laughed when they said that in 2020. I knew the two door would quickly be in the background and 90% sold will be 4 door and the aftermarket may not even recognize a two door exists, basically the 4 door allows the 2 door to be made.

I have a JK, just so you know JK= 2 door JKU= 4 door, I call it a JK all the time when talking to a people (this is versus CJ, TJ, or JL), they always ask "2 or 4 door", some years back I stopped rolling my eyes and explaining to them the mistake. Now I just say "two" and keep on point. However, the mistake does allow me to instantly judge them and their entire life/existence, so there is that.

My point is your truth is your own, and history may even support it, but the present belongs to the four doors, might as well accept it.
Yup packing now to go camping on land just seems very european,and snooty so wear that if ya have to.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
…Is calling the Sport a Bronco Ford’s biggest mistake in relation to this launch?

Every Sport owner calls their vehicle a Bronco. It reminds me of when i had a Wrangler, and somebody I’d meet would say, “Oh! I have a Jeep, too!” Then she’d show me her Liberty.

I mean, drop the name already. Call it anything else!
Bronco is a brand within Ford or at least that is how they initially promoted it. You were not buying a Ford, you were buying a Bronco. They had two models, a compact and full size. And a number of features were shared between them. Appearance options, performance envelopes, and feature sets.
I'm not sure what is being done now, i.e. the Ford Bronco RAPTOR. Are we back to having Ford Broncos?
Anyway, the compact Bronco is just as much of a Bronco as the full size.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.