Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco's safety made sure the owners of this Bronco walked away to tell the story... hit head-on going 50mph by a Crown Victoria / Grand Marquis driven by an underaged drunk driver.
The Crown Vic is legendary for its durability. That's a major reason why, for almost the entire time that Ford was making them, they pretty much owned the police car market. It saddened me when Ford discontinued it, without bringing out a suitable successor.

And now, there's one less, thanks to some drunken asshole. In a way, this saddens me more than the loss of a Bronco. Crown Vics are no longer being built, so every one destroyed is one that will never be replaced. 6G Broncos are scarce, but they are being built, which, in my mind, mitigates the tragedy of one being lost.

Anyway, it certainly says a lot about the Bronco that it did as well as it did in a head-on collision with one.

Good thing Bronco driver swerved last second to avoid full complete head-on contact. The Bronco only had 300+ miles on it. The drunk driver received a cut to the head and was at least insured.
I wonder if you've have come out better if you had not swerved, and had taken the hit full head-on.

I think of the Titanic, which swerved to avoid hitting an iceberg, and tore up a large portion of its side against it, with rather bad results. It's been speculated that the Titanic would easily have survived, along with all its passengers and crew, if it had hit the iceberg head-on.

Last edited:

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to see that they were uninjured. It is a good thing that it was a stock Badlands with the crash bars retained. It looks to have prevented wheel intrusion into the cabin.
Yep, hard to argue that didn’t help further damage/cab intrusion.

C55F6A11-500A-43AC-9EEC-A9E398FB2746.jpeg

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That bronco doesn’t look totaled.
Look at the port forward corner. The frame is bent. That's not going to buff out.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not believing it was at 50 MPH. Glad the Bronco driver was unhurt.
My guess would be that that was how fast the Bronco was going. Add that to whatever speed the drunken asshole was going, probably much faster. The toughness of the Crown Vic is the stuff of legends, and look what the drunk asshole did to his.

Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Crown Vic is legendary for its durability. That's a major reason why, for almost the entire time that Ford was making them, they pretty much owned the police car market. It saddened me when Ford discontinued it, without bringing out a suitable successor.
·​
·​
·​
Anyway, it certainly says a lot about the Bronco that it did as well as it did in a head-on collision with one.
Once the supply of Broncos finally stabilizes, Ford should seriously consider making a vehicle based on the Bronco, but not so off-road-oriented. Maybe lower, more sedan-like. But as similar as possible in the manner of underlying construction.

Such a vehicle could easily be the much-needed successor to the Crown Victoria. I wouldn't even object to them calling it by that name; and a Lincoln version as the new Town Car.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, hard to argue that didn’t help further damage/cab intrusion.

C55F6A11-500A-43AC-9EEC-A9E398FB2746.jpeg

Kept the wheel from crushing backwards. See just above the rock rail/corner of fender........... the small square............... crash bar. Hardly any damage to the fender from the tire.

Ford Bronco Bronco totaled in head-on collision accident, but you should see the other guy! [Updates From Owner] 1641097166891

Just my obeservations. 😁

Last edited:

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And now, there's one less, thanks to some drunken asshole. In a way, this saddens me more than the loss of a Bronco. Crown Vics are no longer being built, so every one destroyed is one that will never be replaced. 6G Broncos are scarce, but they are being built, which, in my mind, mitigates the tragedy of one being lost.

I wonder if you've have come out better if you had not swerved, and had taken the hit full head-on.

I think of the Titanic, which swerved to avoid hitting an iceberg, and tore up a large portion of its side against it, with rather bad results. It's been speculated that the Titanic would easily have survived, along with all its passengers and crew, if it had hit the iceberg head-on.
Glad to see a defender of the Panther platform. 😎👨‍🎓

20211223_143116.jpg

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That sucks but damn it held up well. Get out the big hammer, a 5.0, a TR4050, and a dana 44 and you are back on the road.

Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not believing it was at 50 MPH. Glad the Bronco driver was unhurt.
Agreed. Been on a number of MVCs and 50 can be pretty horrific. Glad no injuries, sad loss for a dumb reason.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m glad everyone is okay 🙏🏻, feel bad for you losing the bronco 😢 , and can I have the seats? 😆
Second in line on the seats. LOL
A pair of those with the Bronco monogram WILL end up in my 69 Bronco!!!!!

Glad these things are tough, and I'm glad everyone is OK.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Amazing so few injuries. Crown Vics are beasts, and crashes like these back when I was working service at a Lincoln Mercury dealership in the 80’s were much worse. We’ve seen several fairly big Bronco crashes now here on Bronco6G and the cabins seem to stay intact.
Sponsored