Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering if any fixes had been done with the trail app? I was in CO when it released and it worked somewhat the first day and after that all sorts if bugs ( don’t press the red button. Lol). We be heading west again soon and there are no trails i. Our area to see if it has been updated/fixed and have not heard or seen any rumblings since that first couple of weeks. Anyway l was just wondering so not to attempt to get it working and end up being frustrated again.
Sponsored

UncleTerry

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like they’ve made some updates but haven’t used it yet to confirm if it’s effective.

Ford Bronco Bronco Trail App - any fixes? IMG_0150

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes there have been fixes but it has a few significant issues that generally can’t be fixed. I’ll list two, but there are others.

1st is user adoption. They artificially limited their market to bronco owners. No idea why. You simply Won’t get decent trail reviews by preventing all other ford (and non-ford) drivers from using the app.

2nd is bugs. They had no problems releasing an app that did not work. This screams of poor QC. Troubleshooting a phone while on a trail is frustrating.

onx offroad is a much better app with more people and more user-generated content like trail status.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also used it the first day or two and thought I'd like it. I tried it recently and couldn't even get it to start on the Bronco, it works on just the phone. I have no patience for tech so probably won't use it again unless I see positive reports here.

Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine just disappeared after the last update. With that said, I love the idea and appreciate what Ford is wanting to do, but I think this is an area they could save a few $ and leave be. Gaia and OnX are well established and have a larger community base to provide additional support with downloadable trails, so no need in my mind to compete with them.

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine just disappeared after the last update. With that said, I love the idea and appreciate what Ford is wanting to do, but I think this is an area they could save a few $ and leave be. Gaia and OnX are well established and have a larger community base to provide additional support with downloadable trails, so no need in my mind to compete with them.
If Ford did that (just offer the integrated use of another app), they’d have to pay to grab all that yummy data.

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OnX may have saved my butt a few weeks ago when I was in Moab going the wrong route- rather a route that was too long for what I could do. Now I may have smartened up at some point on my own but OnX set me straight.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

onx offroad is a much better app with more people and more user-generated content like trail status.
Disclaimer: ONX is better - just not on the Bronco screen. If your goal is something to run on the dash screen avoid ONX.

ONX has a great app if you use their tried and true web interface and they are really resting on their laurels allowing existing customers to sing their praises based on THIS interface.

But those of us with 12" screens on our Broncos are looking for an app to run on the dash via CARPLAY (or Android Auto), not something to run on our phone or tablets. If we wanted to use our phone...there are tons of other options out there beside ONX that are equally as good.

ONX via CARPLAY is nothing like their web interface. In fact, it ranges from unusable to barely usable at best - depending on your need.

Just a heads up. Anytime somebody says "ONX IS BETTER" just know they are not talking about "when run on the Bronco dash screen".

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Personally, I'm not surprised by this, I don't see Ford as a software developer. You're probably better off using an app from a company that specializes in this sort of thing.

A couple of examples:
Gaia is drastically better than onx for an actual trail app.

But i'll give Onx credit, they spend about 10,000 times more than Gaia for marketing, so that's something!

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gaia is drastically better than onx for an actual trail app.

But i'll give Onx credit, they spend about 10,000 times more than Gaia for marketing, so that's something!
Completely agree, I prefer Gaia as well. There's a slight learning curve in understanding how to effectively use all the features, but once you get a hang of it, it's pretty awesome.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I use ONX and I use my 12" screen for the front cameras so it either runs on my phone or surface. I have a dash suction mount for the surface or you can get a console mount.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried it this weekend and couldnt get it to work.
1) You need to sign into your Ford account on your phone before it will load on CarPlay. Well that's useless when you're out of cell range where half of their trails are located.
2) You can't start it while moving. Switching between maps or Spotify and the Bronco Trail APP? Can't do it. It gives you an error on screen that disappears after the vehicle comes to a stop.

What a dumpster fire APP.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Disclaimer: ONX is better - just not on the Bronco screen. If your goal is something to run on the dash screen avoid ONX.

ONX has a great app if you use their tried and true web interface and they are really resting on their laurels allowing existing customers to sing their praises based on THIS interface.

But those of us with 12" screens on our Broncos are looking for an app to run on the dash via CARPLAY (or Android Auto), not something to run on our phone or tablets. If we wanted to use our phone...there are tons of other options out there beside ONX that are equally as good.

ONX via CARPLAY is nothing like their web interface. In fact, it ranges from unusable to barely usable at best - depending on your need.

Just a heads up. Anytime somebody says "ONX IS BETTER" just know they are not talking about "when run on the Bronco dash screen".
I’m on a 12” and it worked, which was better than my experience with the bronco app.

but definitely submit feedback to the app devs if you want feature changes or improvements.
Sponsored