Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Windows don’t drop fast enough when opening door and shakes.
  • Rear AC “vents” are completely useless but that wasn’t an unexpected quirk.
  • Analog speedometer placement. Should of just made the whole thing digital screen
  • Wireless charger is useless and wireless CarPlay sucks battery juice. I’m still tethered 😡
  • Tailgate shock needs a major redesign.
  • Lip that hangs over the 12" screen blocks the upper portion of screen where time and temp are. Its really a 11" screen for me.
  • The steering wheel is smaller than the kids go-cart. I measured! Why the huge camel hump of a horn honker?
How tall are you to not see the top of the 12” screen? Or are you literally riding that camel hump of a horn honker and that’s why you can’t see it?
Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello all, I just picked up my 2 Door today. This might not be the right thread. But is this enough coolant in the tank? Seems like half of it is gone. I've read the horror stories of the leak and people's engines going down. Any suggestions are welcome.

IMG_6197.JPG
It's filled properly. If you notice, it's filled to MAX on far left side.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel bad for even pointing this out if people haven't noticed it yet. I dont know if this is on every trim or just the Outer Banks but the rear bumper on the passenger side is just slightly lower from the body than the driver side. I thought it was just a defect on mine but Ive noticed it in every video I've seen of the Outer Banks.
Yeah. Mine is too!!!! I thought it was just me. I'm a Wildtrak.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2) Unprotected transmission cross-members that hang a couple inches lower than the skid plates and rock rails (2.7 auto's).

This is unexpected...and disturbing.
Same goes for the front shock bolts sticking out 1" below the control arm, and no skid plate for the plastic/composite oil pan.

Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Brakes are definitely more mushy feeling than on the 2014 Touareg this thing replaced in my garage. I can't figure out if its the brakes which are actually more mushy or just more travel in the suspension making it feel that way, but either way, its been an adjustment for me. I'm not used to driving more utilitarian SUVs or trucks... this thing drives more like a truck than anything else I have.
I think the brakes are impressive for the height and weight of the Bronco.
The wife misses her 2013 Touareg TDi, but the amount of cash VW was giving us to make up for dieslegate was too good to pass. We basically got her Mazda for nothing. The VW was a solid like tank, very confident feeling.

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2) Unprotected transmission cross-members that hang a couple inches lower than the skid plates and rock rails (2.7 auto's).

This is unexpected...and disturbing.
Ford Bronco Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!? PXL_20211206_001309922

WhoaNelly

Big Bend
First Name
Viraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, MV Agusta TV800
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine made a grinding noise when in motion when I took delivery. Didn't notice it the first few days as it was either drowned out by road noise or too faint to hear through closed windows. Took it in eventually and turned out to be an improperly installed backing plate on the left rear brake. Nothing else yet, but all this talk of the 2.7 engine makes me a little nervous.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How tall are you to not see the top of the 12” screen? Or are you literally riding that camel hump of a horn honker and that’s why you can’t see it?
yeah, I don't understand that either, I'm 6'3 and can see the top of the screen just fine. There's also no clock there on mine, just outside temp. Clock is on the 12' screen.

Maybe some just like to sit with their seat all the way up? I haven't touched the up/down on my seat at all, sitting at where the factory put me, which is perfect for me.

And some say their screen with tach is tilted down? Mine has a slight up-tilt, certainly not down.

Badsquatch here, maybe it differs between trims?

Oregonbourne

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 , Land Cruiser, and Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody else have some rubs/scratches on the rollbar when you raise or lower your 4-door soft-top?

Sponsored

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m really disappointed the wireless charging is so bad per these posts. Feel like I got ripped off getting the lux.

Marsalad

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Is this not also a problem with a Wrangler?
I’ve owned several Unlimited Wranglers and never had a problem like this. There’s more space between the fender flare and the door.

Marsalad

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
After 1100 miles my only complaint is the 4cyl sounds terrible. Not the exhaust note, the actual engine at idle rattles. My gf thought somethingwas wrong with it it sounds so bad. The jbl soundbar makes the rear window useless but I expected that, and the sound quality is good enough for me, so fair trade off. What's weird is when I remote start it the rear defrost turns on. No idea why
Our previous vehicle was a Wrangler with the 2.0 turbo four cylinder. It was so noisy more than one person asked if it was a diesel.
Sponsored