Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I find this a bit disappointing and was hoping for another month or 3 before it shows up.

No, I don't have the Covid. The reason I didn't want this rushed out was I wanted time for the bigwigs to discuss and add the following:

1) Sasquatch for the manual trannys

2) white roof and grill

3) the good color choices

If this thing comes out in 4 weeks the odds these options shrink...
Not likely to get those kind of changes until the first refresh or they offer a limited edition model. Ford has so much on their hands right now, they're probably not even thinking of any changes.
Sponsored

Thehime

Black Diamond
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Branco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I pretty much know what packages and listed options I want, but no clue as to what the "200 or so" optional accessories are. I've gotta believe, there will be something there I'd want to add.
The leaked packages helped with some ideas. I have a feeling they are going to have interchangeable interior and exterior options if you are to get to 200 accessories. Maybe a hint at the white dashboard and leather grip handles.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I'm noticing some GOAT modes have SPORT and others do not....is SPORT mode basically like it is in most vehicles?

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I'm noticing some GOAT modes have SPORT and others do not....is SPORT mode basically like it is in most vehicles?
Here is the description of Sport mode in a Raptor. I assume it's basically the same in the Bronco:

Sport

Mountain passes are no longer just for Mustang, thanks to Raptor sport mode. For spirited on-road driving, sport mode increases throttle response and provides a sportier steering feel – along with quicker shifting. The transmission holds gears longer to keep you in the power band.

Cjensen651

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went to Ford yesterday and built a base F150 just to do it to see what the engine upgrade cost would be, considering the 2.7 is almost standard. I was surprised that the 2.7 Ecoboost was only $995. I'm PRAYING that it will only cost an extra $995...

Sponsored

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is the description of Sport mode in a Raptor. I assume it's basically the same in the Bronco:

Sport

Mountain passes are no longer just for Mustang, thanks to Raptor sport mode. For spirited on-road driving, sport mode increases throttle response and provides a sportier steering feel – along with quicker shifting. The transmission holds gears longer to keep you in the power band.
Good find.

Did some more digging and found this down further on the Bronco site so it looks like First and Badlands sub out sport for Baja. Doesn't look like anyone gets more than 7. Interesting is that Wildtrak has Sport & Baja.

Ford Bronco Build & Price Configurator for 2021 Bronco Goes Live in August Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 1.42.54 AM

Another thing...started just looking at the Outer Banks & what if you don't want the body colored bumpers but want black? Do you think they'll let you option out of that? And it says the easy clean flooring is optional yet not seeing it as an option on say OB or WT.

Seriously stuck between 4 door OB and WT and decisions with each (probably like most lol). The more I look at Badlands, I know I'll never take that thing to any serious rocks the most would just be normal outdoor trail stuff/camping/etc.

I'd love to see how much you can haul with the back seats folded down and I'm wondering about the mud terrain tires on normal road wear.

Wonder what they plan for Year 2...they hit it out of park here.

Unlike the Mustang when it came out in '15 they really didn't have much competition...and it was the Camaro that came out swinging with their refresh....it's sorta reversed here....Jeep had a chance to do a lot more and they didn't...and it's Ford coming out with the challenge.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went to Ford yesterday and built a base F150 just to do it to see what the engine upgrade cost would be, considering the 2.7 is almost standard. I was surprised that the 2.7 Ecoboost was only $995. I'm PRAYING that it will only cost an extra $995...
Ppl keep saying this but leaving out the most important part - an upgrade over what? The base engine of the F150 is a V6 not an i4 2.3 L eco. From ford perspective it’s just getting an extra thousand bucks for a different v6 that’s higher strung

I very much doubt the 2.7 eco is only 1000 more than the 2.3 in the bronco. Ford could easily charge more and they know it. Unlike the F150 many ppl don’t like the idea of a 4 cyclinder even if it’s turbod or supercharged. The premium to step up to a v6 supercharged is much more meaningful and they know many old school buyer will pay way more than 1000 to not have an i4 in an suv.

also balancing CAFE standards across the line-up, it may be a factor in this. For the F150 it may not hurt ford as much to have a many F150 units with a v6 eco boost over an n/a v6. But in the case of the bronco, a v6 eco over an i4 eco in a bronco does? If so they would have to pass the buck along to the customer.

Not super well versed in this, but it could play a part in a bigger up charge. But surely point #1 leads me to believe its more than 1000

Last edited:

DBOZ

Black Diamond
First Name
Daren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis, Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Another thing...started just looking at the Outer Banks & what if you don't want the body colored bumpers but want black? Do you think they'll let you option out of that? And it says the easy clean flooring is optional yet not seeing it as an option on say OB or WT.
Same issues, I like OBX but hate the body color stuff. But, saw a pic of OBX with Squatch and looks like it may get black fenders with that, it can also get optioned with the modular bumper. I would jump up from BD to OBX is the fenders are black with the Squatch..

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've convinced myself that I'll be very happy with the 8-inch screen and standard stereo, but if Ford busts out the 12-inch screen and B&O so that I can add them to my Black Diamond I'd do it in a second.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same issues, I like OBX but hate the body color stuff. But, saw a pic of OBX with Squatch and looks like it may get black fenders with that, it can also get optioned with the modular bumper. I would jump up from BD to OBX is the fenders are black with the Squatch..
Yah originally I was looking at the Badlands but am leaning more towards the OBX/WT. Surprised they didn't offer a black package off the bat with black grill, roof, emblems, wheels, handles & you could throw fenders in.

Sponsored

Wildtrak.Scott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6 turbo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've convinced myself that I'll be very happy with the 8-inch screen and standard stereo, but if Ford busts out the 12-inch screen and B&O so that I can add them to my Black Diamond I'd do it in a second.
I’m really hoping that we are able to do that.

Seiowabow

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ppl keep saying this but leaving out the most important part - an upgrade over what? The base engine of the F150 is a V6 not an i4 2.3 L eco. From ford perspective it’s just getting an extra thousand bucks for a different v6 that’s higher strung

I very much doubt the 2.7 eco is only 1000 more than the 2.3 in the bronco. Ford could easily charge more and they know it. Unlike the F150 many ppl don’t like the idea of a 4 cyclinder even if it’s turbod or supercharged. The premium to step up to a v6 supercharged is much more meaningful and they know many old school buyer will pay way more than 1000 to not have an i4 in an suv.

also balancing CAFE standards across the line-up, it may be a factor in this. For the F150 it may not hurt ford as much to have a many F150 units with a v6 eco boost over an n/a v6. But in the case of the bronco, a v6 eco over an i4 eco in a bronco does? If so they would have to pass the buck along to the customer.

Not super well versed in this, but it could play a part in a bigger up charge. But surely point #1 leads me to believe its more than 1000
Totally agree. The 2.7 and Sasquatch will not be cheap. I've already come to terms with the 2.3/manual and rear locker.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your reservation is not a build. It is a spot in line. When you are called then you will submit an order. That order then gets submitted to the order bank. Then mother Ford will take orders from the order bank and assign a VIN and then that VIN will get assigned a build week and when that week gets closer you will be assigned a build day (your birthday).

:)
this is an underrated post. I think my adrenaline started pumping reading this.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.