Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Body lifts are dumb.
They aren't ideal, and I still kinda hate them, but honestly they will give better suspension performance than a spacer lift so if the goal is to wheel big tires without a super expensive high performance lift then its not the worst option. To be fair I think he also has a spacer lift too so this is definitely not ideal.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mike8675309

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Body lifts are dumb.
Not always. Here it is a very good idea with IFS. Keeps the CG low and the control arms/ CVs at a better angle while retaining as much travel as possible. The other option would have been extremely expensive which would have been to relocate the control arms and front diff lower. Once a lift like that comes out and still doing a body lift I would maybe agree but one of the down sides to IFS even disconnected sway is the vehicle wants to keep the front level. You can see it in the first ledge where the Bronco leaned into the wall. The body lift kept the CG lower helping some of those pucker factor moments.

So fun to watch. I want those tires! This just looks sick.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A few adjustments and it will be 95% of a fixed axle design. Fun to watch the evolution the builders will go through. Competition is fun!
You may be correct, but that solid front axle is hard to beat. A lot of people criticize the Wrangler for the solid front axel, but it is obviously a superior design for hard core rock crawling. I am in the minority I know, but I prefer the feel of the solid front axle. However, I do acknowledge that the Bronco rides more smoothly than my old JKU.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the presenters handled it very well and didn't have anything really bad to say about the Bronco. The owners of that Bronco seem to be ready to just figure it out as they go so they can keep having fun with it. i.e. breaking their custom tie rods indicates more just try it vs someone who understands the engineering side of the suspension. They'll get it figured out while they continue to have a blast with it.

One thing that this video also shows is how much work it can take to be the first one doing things. Someone building a Jeep today has deep tracks they can follow. We are so early in the Bronco life that if you really want to build one, you'll be figuring it all out for the first time.
It's nice to see people who acknowledge that it is not a level playing field. They were actually very complimentary to the Bronco and from what I have seen of their videos, they are fair and balanced when they evaluate something.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may be correct, but that solid front axel is hard to beat. A lot of people criticize the Wrangler for the solid front axel, but it is obviously a superior design for hard core rock crawling. I am in the minority I know, but I prefer the feel of the solid front axel. However, I do acknowledge that the Bronco rides more smoothly than my old JKU.
Jeeps may have SFAs, but only Gn'R has a solid front Axel.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not always. Here it is a very good idea with IFS. Keeps the CG low and the control arms/ CVs at a better angle while retaining as much travel as possible. The other option would have been extremely expensive which would have been to relocate the control arms and front diff lower. Once a lift like that comes out and still doing a body lift I would maybe agree but one of the down sides to IFS even disconnected sway is the vehicle wants to keep the front level. You can see it in the first ledge where the Bronco leaned into the wall. The body lift kept the CG lower helping some of those pucker factor moments.

So fun to watch. I want those tires! This just looks sick.
For sure, right now there are not a lot of options but overall body lifts are less than ideal.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just saw this as well
The bronco was not meant to do this type of hard core rock crawling out of the factory.
the jeep wasn’t either.
The jeep in this video has upgraded EVERYTHING
The bronco needs a whole upgraded front end to do these obstacles. Steering, everything.
Just like that jeep has
So while nice to see videos like this
That jeep is easily a 150k or more build.
Or watt it is it still kicked some serious ass over anything else!!

Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeep Eater? More like “Rack Eater”! 😁
Hopefully it fares better in round 2.
As a light joke at this point I would say Rock fodder. Sounds like broken the last two times out on rocks. Sounds like the next run went better but that would be 1 out of the last 3 or Rocks=2 Bronco=1. Lol. Joke aside I am really glad someone is out pushing the Bronco to learn the weak points and fix them.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You may be correct, but that solid front axle is hard to beat. A lot of people criticize the Wrangler for the solid front axel, but it is obviously a superior design for hard core rock crawling. I am in the minority I know, but I prefer the feel of the solid front axel. However, I do acknowledge that the Bronco rides more smoothly than my old JKU.
I am with you for a trail rig. Something so fun and rewarding about being able to put tires in holes just to play and letting the axles articulate like an insect. IFSs rigs like my RZR or Ranger could make it through but I am always trying to flatten out the trail and staying level. Always feels more like just making it through than playing around. For a daily the jeep is fine. I work from home and do not drive far. Overlanding would like to have the IFS smoothness but am really a little concerned about the reliability right now. Being 20 miles plus from any road, possibly by myself, sounds a little iffy right now.

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not bad, Thanks for finding the weak points. I am honestly surprised with 40s and that amount of wheel extension just the rack and tie rods are an issue.

Seems like they have the tie rod issue solution and just need a rack like stated in the video.

Even with the ribbing, it was nice for them to note the stepchild is very modified. Does lite Brite still have a bronco on order?
They do, they noted in another video that they just have to pick it up.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is a shame to do all that to a new vehicle under warranty. The insurance auctions have a couple of near perfect body, very likely need serious frame work as they are totaled, Broncos.
Sponsored

Last edited: