First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I discovered a “bumper” alignment issue when installing a JCR prerunner bolt in —not a problem with the JCR unit.

The drivers side of my factory bumper which has never been damaged or removed is about 1 inch off —-this creates a problem as I cannot remove the torx bolts to install the JCR unit. The torx bolt sits under the fender trim.

I stopped by my ford dealer and they said order a whole new bumper and parts which would take 2-3 months…if that’s what’s needed so be it.

My question is , is there a simple adjustment process to align bumper horizontally ? I have a bronco raptor but the bumper seems to be similar to if not exact (with the exception of trim caps ) as the FORD modular bumper …

Any ideas that save a trip and 2-3 months of wait time are appreciated.

The last picture is passenger side which has no clearance issues.

Thank you

080C6E4B-B4AC-44AA-8755-D078EA2C3693.jpeg

E736B847-2AF7-43B9-B850-63AF7E77D21B.jpeg

4118EB37-B887-417F-9BEB-99A848460B5C.jpeg
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pull the front caps off around the recovery points. Loosen the three bolts per side that mount the bumper to the frame. Push the bumper towards the driver side, sometimes it needs a shimmy and a shake… sometimes you need to almost take it off to get it to move… YMMV.

Once you’ve shifted the bumper over the .5”. You’ll be good to bolt it all up

OP
OP
2021WILDTRAKCDH

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pull the front caps off around the recovery points. Loosen the three bolts per side that mount the bumper to the frame. Push the bumper towards the driver side, sometimes it needs a shimmy and a shake… sometimes you need to almost take it off to get it to move… YMMV.

Once you’ve shifted the bumper over the .5”. You’ll be good to bolt it all up

Thank you for the spot on advice. I fixed it in under 60 mins. Easy…when you know what to do …saved me and Ford a lot of time and money. See result in pics. Good to go !!
Cheers

image.jpg

image.jpg

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the spot on advice.
In Hindsight, you might've been able to pull the bumpers "winglets" off, mount the bar to them and reattach it... but the original issue with alignment still would've been present. The bumpers and bracketry have about 1" of play in the horizontal and vertical planes.

Once you've got the method down pat, its a very quick fix!
Sponsored