Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are so right! I'm aiming for the same vintage color scheme (and wouldn't mind that axe either. . . :) )

YFENDER58347b.jpg
That's Surf Green, but yeah, I agree :love:

That's what's leading me towards CG. Sometimes it looks like Surf Green, sometimes it looks like Sonic Blue. Love it. I think. I don't want just a regular gray.

And I don't understand why it was so hard for Ford to get some '60s colors in the mix. Or at least one FFS. So I'm torn between CG and Area 51. Those are as close as we're going to get to an EB color. At least in the first production run.

They really dropped the ball with colors and not having a white top from the get-go.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JrShelby

Wildtrak
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
so should we call it fighter jet grey?
Ford purposefully do not put names in the touch up tubes because colors occasionally get different names for different models. So for the mustang the name will be Jet Fighter gray and for the Bronco it will be Cactus gray.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
so is this confirmation that cactus grey and fighter jet gray is indeed the same color?

I have worked at a the same ford dealership for 27 years. Started when I was 18. Worked at the detail shop subcontracted by them from 13 years old to 18 years old. If I call my body shop to have paint mixed up they ask for the 2 digit code. Period. If I go to my parts department and order brush touch paint they ask for the 2 digit code. Period. Yes there are MXXXX numbers also but primarily everyone at a ford dealership uses the 2 digit paint code. If your a customer, and want touchup paint from a ford parts counter, your only getting it if you bring your vin number in or withn the paint code found in the vehicles driver's front door jam. Period! I've even had them mix Area 51 from the paint code. Below is Twister orange (CA), Stealth grey (B9) and Magnetic (J7)

IMG_1662.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 8.42.35 PM.jpg

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I believe international Harvestor called this color Gun Cactus Gray, not to be confused with Cactus Fighter Gray. And it definitely had a NE color code. Lol
1969_international_harvester_scout_800_1548191677b9a60dec12athumbnail_IMG_0837.jpg

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can somebody with mad Photoshop skills do me a huge favour, I think I'm settled on Cactus I'm just trying to decide what colour I want the roof, wheels etc

Can somebody modify the below with the following please:

Black roof, black wheels
Black roof, white wheels
White roof, black wheels
White roof, Body coloured wheels
Black roof, body coloured wheels

Thanks in advance and I'll get you a beer if we ever get to have a Bronco meetup haha

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 2021 2 Door Bronco Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 4.38.53 PM

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can somebody with mad Photoshop skills do me a huge favour, I think I'm settled on Cactus I'm just trying to decide what colour I want the roof, wheels etc

Can somebody modify the below with the following please:

Black roof, black wheels
Black roof, white wheels
White roof, black wheels
White roof, Body coloured wheels
Black roof, body coloured wheels

Thanks in advance and I'll get you a beer if we ever get to have a Bronco meetup haha

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 2021 2 Door Bronco Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 4.38.53 PM
Sorry got no mad skills. But can copy and paste.
Screenshot_20200716-210456.jpg

phnttom

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Audi TTS, '13 Fiat 500 Turbo, '15 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

getting 4-door Badlands in CG.
if ford plays games with getting roof panels in white, then will order color-matched and get them professionally wrapped in white at some point
That’s a good idea.
Badlands or Wildtrak in CG for us.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

always loved seafoam. On Fender guitars, on cups, anything. Cactus Gray is very close
You’ll have to see it in person. The color comparisons everyone is making on here are overestimating the green tint. Not trying to burst anyone’s bubble, but it isn’t anywhere near seafoam or mint.

1C13305E-B4DC-4E68-B3E6-76E78AFC644A.jpeg

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’ll have to see it in person. The color comparisons everyone is making on here are overestimating the green tint. Not trying to burst anyone’s bubble, but it isn’t anywhere near seafoam or mint.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 1C13305E-B4DC-4E68-B3E6-76E78AFC644A
If that’s true, I’ll have to put it back in the running. I don’t want Seafoam or anything close. If it’s a true light gray, then that would be great.

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

always loved seafoam. On Fender guitars, on cups, anything. Cactus Gray is very close
I have a seafoam green strat and have been interested in Cactus Gray if it actually looks like that... But every picture is different. But A+ reference and for reading my mind.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 1C13305E-B4DC-4E68-B3E6-76E78AFC644A
Looks mint in that picture lol

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's Surf Green, but yeah, I agree :love:

That's what's leading me towards CG. Sometimes it looks like Surf Green, sometimes it looks like Sonic Blue. Love it. I think. I don't want just a regular gray.

And I don't understand why it was so hard for Ford to get some '60s colors in the mix. Or at least one FFS. So I'm torn between CG and Area 51. Those are as close as we're going to get to an EB color. At least in the first production run.

They really dropped the ball with colors and not having a white top from the get-go.
Guitar/Fender lovers... You're my people. Below are my babies. I don't think Cactus Gray will come close to the iconic strat color, but would be super cool if it did.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. IMG_20200122_133927

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a seafoam green strat and have been interested in Cactus Gray if it actually looks like that... But every picture is different. But A+ reference and for reading my mind.
Oh man Nice! that’s my next guitar color. Just bought a Telecaster in Texas Tea (black but glows brown in the light). Cactus is a bit of a chameleon, but it looks great when it “appears” to be seafoam.

Last edited:

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

1C13305E-B4DC-4E68-B3E6-76E78AFC644A.jpeg
Ah. Gotcha. Yeah i need to see it. Even in the Ford ads it looks filtered to hell. Looks carolina blue. Looks darker than that sometimes. Im trying to avoid another black vehicle. Dont ruin this for me LOL
Sponsored