Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Granger didn't collect tax on mine at the end of April but the Arkansas DMV charged me tax on the full amount before rebates, which were over $6k in my case. Kind of crappy, but still a deal! Are all states like that?
Interesting. Perhaps this'll actually end up being the positive of Granger requiring it up front.
They're showing taxes calculated from the cash price minus all rebates ($6,145) on my purchase agreement.
Sponsored

rjudas

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
People who picked up today: what was the date yours arrived at Granger? Someone a couple pages back mentioned they’re going in order of when they came in. I’d be interested to see what arrival date they’re up to (and betting I’m not alone in that!)​
On Monday, 5/22, Granger was contacting orders that arrived on 5/11 and 5/12. I don't know how many deliveries arrived on those days or how fast they can get through them. Good luck to all - the end is near! :)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The rail tracker shows my Bronco got to Omaha on May 17. No "final prep" update yet on the Ford tracker. I assume the Bronco is sitting in Omaha, waiting for some truck transport? Is there any way to track a Bronco at this stage of the journey?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The rail tracker shows my Bronco got to Omaha on May 17. No "final prep" update yet on the Ford tracker. I assume the Bronco is sitting in Omaha, waiting for some truck transport? Is there any way to track a Bronco at this stage of the journey?
Unless you know somebody who knows somebody, there isn't a way to track at that point other than obsessively refresh your tracker. 😁😁

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Another PSA:

Don't blindly hit sign on every page of the docusign. There is one page that asks if RouteOne can use your contact info for telemarketing purposes.

You do NOT and should not sign that one.

Sponsored

ARKBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granger didn't collect tax on mine at the end of April but the Arkansas DMV charged me tax on the full amount before rebates, which were over $6k in my case. Kind of crappy, but still a deal! Are all states like that?
Yep… Arkansas charges 6.5% on the full amount. Dealer rebates and incentives do not qualify for tax exemptions. The taxable price of your vehicle is the price before dealer incentives. So if you’re getting a rebate, you’ll still pay sales tax on the full price of the car. Even used cars over $4,000 are taxed at the same rate. (This applies to vehicles in Arkansas).

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Another PSA:

Don't blindly hit sign on every page of the docusign. There is one page that asks if RouteOne can use your contact info for telemarketing purposes.

You do NOT and should not sign that one.
Ugh. I'm usually pretty good about reading and catching this stuff. I just glossed over it and didn't catch this. Great...

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You should be able to have the final sheet and be taxed on the net amount after discounts.

I’m realizing now that those of us with address changes and waiting on checks will have no hope of being taxed at the lower total. I need to look at my docs again but that’s probably the case
Yes confirmed that the taxable amount is after all discounts and rebates. (Edit: in Texas at least)

I was taxed at the Granger under invoice amount, but not including the Ford discounts. So I'll just have a check to deposit when it eventually shows up. Looks like Ford not allowing us to move for some reason cost me $270 in unnecessary tax.

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am in MO. I purchased a new car back in 2020, middle of COVID, for 19% below MSRP. My local DMV charged me tax on MSRP. I argued, but the whole process to even get an appt. back then took four months. I just paid it. However, I called the Dept. of Revenue and they said the local office was wrong. In MO the local offices are run by private companies. It took nine more months, but I did get a check from the State for the difference. It was well worth the hassle IMO.

Sponsored

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In Tennessee, auto sales tax is calculated on the total sale amount, *including doc fees*, without subtracting rebates. In addition, there is a single article tax that is applied in two tiers. The first $1600 of the cost of the vehicle is taxed an additional amount based on the local (not state) tax rate - except three of the 95 counties in TN which have full or partial exemptions to this tax. The second $1600 of the price is taxed a flat 2.75% on top of the state tax. Got that?

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In SC it's 6-8% according to local sales tax rate BUT a maximum of $500. The dealer lobby, with their self interest in mind, keep this safe for the moment.
I firmly believe it's why Georgia has a formula they use to gouge new residents, many of whom would be from SC.

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was anyone’s lucky number drawn today with an e-mail or call from Granger’s Finance team regarding your on the lot Bronco?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was anyone’s lucky number drawn today with an e-mail or call from Granger’s Finance team regarding your on the lot Bronco?
Nope. And I am excessively checking my spam folder, too... just in case. 😁😁

Blksunshine06

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 FX4 Screw 3.5 , 2000 TJ 4 cyl. 5 speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reserved 10-28-20? Built 4-13, shipped, 4-15, got to Granger on 5-11, emailed on 5-23, signed purchase paperwork 5-25, and I will pick up 5-26.

My price was exactly what our signed agreement was when we ordered the 23 model. I will receive a check from Ford for the 3220 in price protection. Eric
S. has been great to deal with!

Don't forget to mention the Bronco6g forum for pricing on the Ford ESP!
Sponsored