Sponsored

Calling out Bronco Folding tail Gate mod!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I see there is a Ridgeline sensitivity on B6G. 😂

How about something really bonkers?
Ford Bronco Calling out Bronco Folding tail Gate mod! 1621607534635

Ford Bronco Calling out Bronco Folding tail Gate mod! 1621607548261
Sponsored

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
and the spare is WHERE ?

on my 08 F 150 it's under the truck bed btwn(basically) the rear tires underneath .....SUCKS 👎

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
more useless!!!!
It does seem to be a solution looking for a problem. How long until someone is tailgating with one of these and the tailgate splits open? :LOL:

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not being a jerk, but what use do you need the tailgate for that is worth the inconvenience of getting to the rear cargo area? Just curious. All I can think of is sitting on it, but that’s not really a use. 😂
I agree there's probably not much that would be worth the inconvenience. I 100% disagree that sitting on the tailgate is not a use. Sitting on a tailgate with a beer in hand is one of life's great and simple pleasures that everyone should experience at least once.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I prefer having a tailgate as well. that is one of the mods I'd be looking for for sure. even with the heavy as hell tailgate on the FSBs.

whats even more, is the lack of a roll down window due to this. I use it almost daily in my 86. even on the wifes 4runner. but I can't say that I care for the pop up that is on the bronco, like the heep.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I like the idea of it, but going to have a 2 door and will likely throw my work stuff in the back as opposed to the passenger seat so gaining access easily (without having to swing out spare and then drop tailgate) will just work better for me.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not sure how well that would work. I don't see a latch on the right side of the tailgate
Your correct, my only point of the link was to show what has been done for the Jeep.

Some enterprising aftermarket company will design a conversion kit appropriate for the Bronco.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just hope technology can catch up and come up with a camping chair that folds up. May even end up being more comfortable than sitting on a tailgate with legs dangling. Maybe Elon Musk can engineer such a chair.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FATHORSE

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The logistics of the Mod would be a nightmare. rewiring the rear camera especially if you moved the spare to a swing out on the Tow Hitch. Probably a better idea to wait for the 2 door to get the pull out accessory. If it would ever happen. I like the idea, especially if you get a lift that raises it to the level of the back seat hump. It could work for what I'm wanting.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your correct, my only point of the link was to show what has been done for the Jeep.

Some enterprising aftermarket company will design a conversion kit appropriate for the Bronco.
But will it come with those sweet-ass Home Depot hinges?! Chrome plated as well, please. With a "Smittybuilt" logo embossed so everyone knows.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you just recommend copying something on the Ridgeline…? :sick: Can I downvote your post? :D

I understand the comment is to give a multi-use out of the tailgate, but couldn’t you pick a better vehicle to use as an example? Like even a Blackwood or something (close enough).

Edit: Glad to see others have made this comment; didn’t read those until after my post. Band together my friends. Friends don’t let friends reference Ridgelines!
I good idea deserves to be stolen no matter where it comes from. Just because the (Gen1) Ridgeline was ugly doesn't mean it didn't have good ideas.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I good idea deserves to be stolen no matter where it comes from. Just because the (Gen1) Ridgeline was ugly doesn't mean it didn't have good ideas.
It didn’t have good ideas. Other vehicles have had similar setup’s. Let’s use those examples instead. ;)