Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Superchips supercal for Bronco calibrates speedo for different tire sizes, shuts off double honk,sets various lighting options. modify or turn off tpms. change door lock settings etc. Can be bought directly from superchips/Holley performance. Got mine on sale for $159.95 awhile back works great.

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Performance Tune module will change the tire size. My Dealer got it exactly right for my 37 KOs.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@BadlandsA51 (y)Our dealer said it's EPA emissions rules so thay can't touch it.
Man ...

I get the dealerships saying that, it just really really seems like a liability cop out though, and one of those answers that no one will question - like "For Safety".

Two examples:

The dealership can install different-than-OEM tires, wouldn't that also change the EPA rating? Even if they are the same size, just a different make and/or model.

Or someone who changes their own tires - the dealership didn't do anything to change the EPA rating, they are just correcting the speedometer, and the speedometer calibration has no bearing on EPA rating at all, that was due to the tires.

Just me grumbling - I know it won't change dealership policy in the slightest.

Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man ...

I get the dealerships saying that, it just really really seems like a liability cop out though, and one of those answers that no one will question - like "For Safety".

Two examples:

The dealership can install different-than-OEM tires, wouldn't that also change the EPA rating? Even if they are the same size, just a different make and/or model.

Or someone who changes their own tires - the dealership didn't do anything to change the EPA rating, they are just correcting the speedometer, and the speedometer calibration has no bearing on EPA rating at all, that was due to the tires.

Just me grumbling - I know it won't change dealership policy in the slightest.
The vehicle speed is more than just to drive the speedometer. The PCM and other modules use the data. Incorrect vehicle speed can affect transmission shift points, torque converter lock-up points, cruise control operation, collision avoidance systems, etc, etc. Nothing is simple any more.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The vehicle speed is more than just to drive the speedometer. The PCM and other modules use the data. Incorrect vehicle speed can affect transmission shift points, torque converter lock-up points, cruise control operation, collision avoidance systems, etc, etc. Nothing is simple any more.
All the more reason for them to correct it…

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the more reason for them to correct it…
I get that, but the manufacturer goes through exhaustive testing and certifying for emissions and fuel economy. Modifications that require changing tire size or gear ratios makes the federal certifications invalid. Not Ford’s idea or your dealer’s idea. It’s government mandates. The penalty for dealers violating the mandates are harsh. A few dealers learned the hard way with modifying diesel pickups.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I get that, but the manufacturer goes through exhaustive testing and certifying for emissions and fuel economy. Modifications that require changing tire size or gear ratios makes the federal certifications invalid. Not Ford’s idea or your dealer’s idea. It’s government mandates. The penalty for dealers violating the mandates are harsh. A few dealers learned the hard way with modifying diesel pickups.
You are not wrong at all. I get it. Just ... frustrating is all.

It doesn't affect me per say, but it's just the principle of the thing.

Sponsored

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Ford Performance Tune I was able to update my size for 35s. The dealership did the install for me. Speedo is accurate again

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
EPA regulations, we’re no longer able to legally do anything that changes the original build “calibration “ for emissions and fuel economy ratings reasons.
@BadlandsA51 (y)Our dealer said it's EPA emissions rules so thay can't touch it.
I, for one, am shocked that the EPA would have policies in place that are meddling, stupid, and fun-destroying.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Saw the thread, and had to ask.

Revolution question without having to recalibrate.
255 series on OB is 629 revs. Looking to put wider tires on…..revs could be up to 10 revs +\- either way. At what point would I notice speedometer off dramatically?
I deal with 4 x 4 and 6 x 6 class 7/8 trucks knowing that 5 to 8 revs either way is acceptable by Engineering. Sometimes you just can’t match it up. Just curious what the experience of has been with Broncos.
I use 275/65R18 to match the OE tire revs.. Gives the extra width without speedo issues.

This is a great tool for speedo approximation.

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Knives2.0

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4D BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a week or so ago I logged into forscan and was able to change my tire size, I found out that ford never set my tire size for the stock 35's and left it on the default shitty non SAS tires. More mileage on my tac as well, thanks ford.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just a week or so ago I logged into forscan and was able to change my tire size, I found out that ford never set my tire size for the stock 35's and left it on the default shitty non SAS tires. More mileage on my tac as well, thanks ford.
What was the number set at? 2653mm is stock size for sasquatch.
Sponsored