First Name
Kirsten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I’m awaiting delivery of my 2023 Badlands order and since I’m seeing online people posting how they’re selling for under MSRP on the lot I wondered if I might have a chance of negotiating lower than MSRP?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can try, and I would. The worst they can say is no.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you already have a signed sales agreement might be tough.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you already have a signed sales agreement might be tough.
Nobody has a signed sales agreement before their vehicle arrives. It's a DORA form and it is not a binding sales agreement.

OP should at least inquire. I know that my MY23 Bronco (Black Diamond, AdvancedTrac, 2.7L) sat at the dealership long enough that they sold it for $500 under MSRP to get rid of it.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody has a signed sales agreement before their vehicle arrives. It's a DORA form and it is not a binding sales agreement.

OP should at least inquire. I know that my MY23 Bronco (Black Diamond, AdvancedTrac, 2.7L) sat at the dealership long enough that they sold it for $500 under MSRP to get rid of it.
Well, in addition to my DORA, I certainly had a signed sales agreement detailing agreed upon price signed by myself and the dealer when I placed my order.

Sponsored

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Worst case they say no and you tell them to kick rocks and go to another dealership that will sell you what you want or close to it for less. Unless you have a special build (heritage etc) people don’t owe these dealerships anything they fleeced people during a PANDEMIC and they are the lowest of the low and tbh I cant wait to see the dealer model collapse one day.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can't hurt to ask, but if you ordered a Heritage, I'd bet they'd be more than happy to let you walk.

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I would argue that depending on the State's consumer protection laws, the DORA and described sales agreement with the dealership is binding before the car arrives.

See the discussion here:
(46) Dealership sold my bronco Order | Page 8 | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m awaiting delivery of my 2023 Badlands order and since I’m seeing online people posting how they’re selling for under MSRP on the lot I wondered if I might have a chance of negotiating lower than MSRP?
Dealerships were flooded with MY23 Broncos in December after the UAW strike ended. My local dealership received 18 stock orders in the second week of December. It's location and situation dependent. If they already have multiple Broncos on their lot, I would offer under MSRP. If not, I would take the deal.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would argue that depending on the State's consumer protection laws, the DORA and described sales agreement with the dealership is binding before the car arrives.

See the discussion here:
(46) Dealership sold my bronco Order | Page 8 | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community
One can argue all they want. The fact is, regardless of a customer placing an order, the vehicle is ordered and purchased by the dealership. Proof of this is the customer isn’t forced to complete the transaction. An actual iron clad binding sales agreement would force the customer to make good on the ordered vehicle.

Sponsored

Tortuga

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is all going to depend on the supply/demand in your region at that moment. I walked away from three deals at different dealers in October because they would not budge from $5k mark ups. Today, the dealer I ordered from is offering anywhere from $1600-$2500 under sticker.

There are also other areas to negotiate, trade-in, service plan, extended warranty, swag, etc.
When my MY24 gets delivered, I fully intend to start negotiations on the high end of what is happening on the lot, more if there is a similar Bronco available nearby.

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
One can argue all they want. The fact is, regardless of a customer placing an order, the vehicle is ordered and purchased by the dealership. Proof of this is the customer isn’t forced to complete the transaction. An actual ironclad binding sales agreement would force the customer to make good on the ordered vehicle.
Did you read the thread? It's not an argument at this point, it's a fact. Corporate lawyers at Ford said it was binding, and the dealership was at fault. It makes a big difference when a government official sends a letter to Ford HQ over a private citizen. The dealership paid thousands over the cost of the one they sold to replace it at peak ADM prices.

Your proof is extremely faulty. A binding sales agreement is only as good as the means to enforce it. Just because a dealership doesn't make a customer "make good" on the ordered vehicle doesn't mean they don't have cause for legal courses of action. They simply choose not to because it is not cost-effective (from a legal, marketing, public relations, and sales standpoint).

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
One can argue all they want. The fact is, regardless of a customer placing an order, the vehicle is ordered and purchased by the dealership.
100%

Proof of this is the customer isn’t forced to complete the transaction. An actual iron clad binding sales agreement would force the customer to make good on the ordered vehicle.
Nope. Dealer could enforce the agreement and could do so by the courts if needed. They just know they don't need to and do not want to appear to be "nasty". The agreements, which when signed, are enforceable by the customer and that is somewhat common.

No one should EVER order a vehicle without a signed purchase agreement...

Ahhh, just missed the post above before posting this. Just what he said...

Wardognal

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ethically you should honor your agreement. Breaking your word is not worth any savings..

OP
OP

Ol’BHog

Heritage
First Name
Kirsten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Thanks all for the feedback, I will at least try and secure a little deal if possible.
Sponsored