Sponsored

Can you turn on the rear view camera on when you're driving forward?

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was Friday night and I was returning home after bar time. Some clown started tailgating me. I'm talking nasty close tailgating. With that 35 inch tire taking up a big part of the rear window, I had a hard time keeping an eye on this cretin. Is there a hack that would allow me to turn on the rear camera whenever I wanted to? The thought of doing a "brake check" crossed my mind, but having waited this long, I didn't want to check my new ride into a body shop.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not that I have found in forscan anywhere. For other ford cars aftermarket companies have a setup. I have not seen one yet for the Bronco. I’d like to be able to turn on the front cam automatically under like 8mph instead of having a tap a button.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's probably against federal law for Ford to configure it this way.

In my Expedition, I had some yahoo in a small Brit sport car drafting behind me. I think it was a Triumph. Maybe 3 ft off my rear bumper.

Completely invisible in my Rear view mirror, but perfectly visible in my side mirror. If you can't see behind you in your side mirror, it's not adjusted correctly.

Makes me think happy thoughts about wiring up bright rear facing spots to one of the Aux switches...

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a bronco again so i no longer need to worry about people behind me

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another option is the rear view mirror that goes over the factory one. Those auto record in loops. I put one on mine. Love it. Fov is huge. When I can see the nose of the car out the side window I can still see it’s ass end in the mirror. No blind spots with it. Baja mode lets you run the front camera at speed. But it messes with my head trying to watch that.

Sponsored

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not that I've seen.
I'd settle for being able to turn on the rear camera when camera mode is active in drive (at 0mph)! There are plenty of times when I pull into the garage and I want to make sure I'm in the right spot but don't want to have to put it in reverse to check the camera, edge forward, go to reverse to check the camera again....
I know there are other solutions, but when I have 360' cameras, being able to click a quick button seems simple and fast.

There were some F150 FORScan edits I was going to look into when I had some time, in case anyone wanted to investigate and report back:
Ford Bronco Can you turn on the rear view camera on when you're driving forward? Screenshot_20220620-091458

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... I don't often wish I still have more gravel stuck in my SAS treads... but in cases like this... I'd definitely be hoping there was. 🤞

Wings2Wheels

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch; 737
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you can't see behind you in your side mirror, it's not adjusted correctly.

I have to disagree with this statement.

I adjust the side view mirrors to cover the blind spots. When a vehicle is passing me on the left, for example, as it begins to disappear in my rearview mirror, I want it to begin to appear in the sideview mirror. I want it to be visible in the sideview until a portion of it is in my peripheral vision.

I cannot see ANY of my own vehicle in the sideview mirror...nor do I want to. I WANT to see other vehicles (or obstacles, in the case of backing) that may be in my blind spots.

I learned to adjust sideview mirrors this way when driving a tractor trailer for a living during a break in my aviation career. I KNOW where MY vehicle is...what is waiting for me in the blind spots?

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I adjust the side view mirrors to cover the blind spots. When a vehicle is passing me on the left, for example, as it begins to disappear in my rearview mirror, I want it to begin to appear in the sideview mirror. I want it to be visible in the sideview until a portion of it is in my peripheral vision.

I cannot see ANY of my own vehicle in the sideview mirror...nor do I want to. I WANT to see other vehicles (or obstacles, in the case of backing) that may be in my blind spots.

I learned to adjust sideview mirrors this way when driving a tractor trailer for a living during a break in my aviation career. I KNOW where MY vehicle is...what is waiting for me in the blind spots?
This right here. Didn't anyone learn anything from Click and Click?

https://www.cartalk.com/sites/default/files/features/mirrors/CarTalkMirrors.pdf

This is also how race driving instructors teach drivers to adjust their mirrors for the best visibility on track. Having them adjusted properly means you get nearly a 360 deg view without having to move anything but your eyes (because you can't be moving your head around with a helmet and HANS)

Sponsored

JFelty

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why do I think it comes on in Baja Mode? I was pretty sure it did, maybe. I'll check in the morning. God am I old!!!!

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that I've seen.
I'd settle for being able to turn on the rear camera when camera mode is active in drive (at 0mph)! There are plenty of times when I pull into the garage and I want to make sure I'm in the right spot but don't want to have to put it in reverse to check the camera, edge forward, go to reverse to check the camera again....
I know there are other solutions, but when I have 360' cameras, being able to click a quick button seems simple and fast.

There were some F150 FORScan edits I was going to look into when I had some time, in case anyone wanted to investigate and report back:
Ford Bronco Can you turn on the rear view camera on when you're driving forward? Screenshot_20220620-091458
I tried this with Forscan with no luck at all.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee had this and loved it. I drug the rear-cam icon to the main page of the infotainment system. I would use it all the time when towning to make sure things were still strapped down and all was well.

Camera when activated worked at ANY speed, it would auto shut off after 15 sec i think.

Would love to have this feature again!!!!

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ll just say it- the wranglers have it. It’s on the app screen. I do it all the time. The kids have a blast in car washes and such. I think Ford needs to take note.

David H

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was Friday night and I was returning home after bar time. Some clown started tailgating me. I'm talking nasty close tailgating. With that 35 inch tire taking up a big part of the rear window, I had a hard time keeping an eye on this cretin. Is there a hack that would allow me to turn on the rear camera whenever I wanted to? The thought of doing a "brake check" crossed my mind, but having waited this long, I didn't want to check my new ride into a body shop.
[/QUO
My 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee had this and loved it. I drug the rear-cam icon to the main page of the infotainment system. I would use it all the time when towning to make sure things were still strapped down and all was well.

Camera when activated worked at ANY speed, it would auto shut off after 15 sec i think.

Would love to have this feature again!!!!
this is what I want it for, really just to make sure my hitch or any cargo in my tray is secure.

Sponsored