First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does anyone know the weight in comparison to the standard hard top?
Hey there! Great question! So, I just called our main guy Zach over at Anderson and had a really nice conversation about this.

I can go into a lot of detail, BUT the cliff note version answer would be the Carbon Version; it's not out of the question for a 15-20 +/- lb savings. They're not 100% sure as the Bronco Raptor they debuted the Top at Sema was their First One successfully built, more of a prototype. They have some vehicles out on the road now with them to do more of a an endurance test for different weather condition as well I learned. Evidently, a good 300 or so pieces that are going in to these tops ( wow )
Considering also there's a good amount of resin that makes the Carbon all nice and shiny, there could be a small weight variable there etc..

Fiberglass we're gonna call for now, no difference in weight than OE.

All in all, for something that is designed to be taken on and off at the owners discretion, it seems like it was designed to stay as OE compared as possible.

I hope this helps everyone, but feel free to let me know if there's any questions I might be able to answer! It seems like once these orders start shipping and their received is when we'll have all more concrete info.

Thanks!

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking at the listing for the top, it's confusing. It states

FOR CLOSED COURSE COMPETITION USE ONLY. NOT INTENDED FOR STREET USE. THE SALE, USE, OR INSTALLATION OF THIS PRODUCT MAY ALSO BE ILLEGAL NATIONWIDE UNDER THE FEDERAL CLEAN AIR ACT (42 U.S.C. § 7522(A)(3))
so does this mean it's not "legal" for a street vehicle?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looking at the listing for the top, it's confusing. It states

so does this mean it's not "legal" for a street vehicle?
They're street legal. That verbiage we put as a disclosure on every product page. Sorry for the confusion.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They're street legal. That verbiage we put as a disclosure on every product page. Sorry for the confusion.
Awesome.

I’m guessing this is something that we need to go through a shop or retailer for. Although tbh I wouldn’t be able to install it by myself anyways.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any updates on ETA for those who ordered early? They initially said first shipments would go out in December. It's the end of January and I haven't heard or seen anyone getting theirs yet in here or on social media yet.

Last edited:

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$10k isn't too bad... I have no experience with Anderson but if they do it right, they'll show how insanely strong carbon fiber honeycomb core is for its weight.

The webasto top really gave people a negative impression of how amazing honeycomb sandwich panel can be.

brentallan4421

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone receive one of these yet.? I am looking at white 4 door. Less $ than ADV.

Sponsored

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
$10k isn't too bad... I have no experience with Anderson but if they do it right, they'll show how insanely strong carbon fiber honeycomb core is for its weight.

The webasto top really gave people a negative impression of how amazing honeycomb sandwich panel can be.
I am behind on this thread. Looks like close to 10k for carbon fiber and 6k for composite which is less than ADV

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am behind on this thread. Looks like close to 10k for carbon fiber and 6k for composite which is less than ADV
With the add-ons at ADV (headliner and wiper - defrost is included on all tops) it is $750 more as of this morning. That doesn't include shipping either. ADV prices apparently will be going up further as soon as pre-orders are finished. However, and this is just my opinion but the ADV is significantly better looking with the way it follows the body line. Andersons is a direct copy of the MIC which I have disliked since day 1. They both look like a Honda Element.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the add-ons at ADV (headliner and wiper - defrost is included on all tops) it is $750 more as of this morning. That doesn't include shipping either. ADV prices apparently will be going up further as soon as pre-orders are finished. However, and this is just my opinion but the ADV is significantly better looking with the way it follows the body line. Andersons is a direct copy of the MIC which I have disliked since day 1. They both look like a Honda Element.
Yeah, with shipping and taxes, my ADV total was going to be about $1,500 in addition to the Hard Top's price. Too bad they don't have a warehouse more centrally located or I'd drive there to pick it up and save around $750. Driving to California is just not in the cards.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wish one of these companies would get a few in customers hands so we can get some feedback, decibel ratings, etc.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That angle on the ADV one is horrible....but I guess that's why it's your Bronco and not mine. We can agree to disagree.
Sponsored