John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One has to wonder at the wisdom of satisfying a short term desire (getting my Bronco now) at the expense of living with a vehicle you didn't really want for years. I get it, the temptation is real, but a few extra months in the grand scheme of things isn't very long. I would have waited to get the hardtop I want/need.
Thats why I've stayed with my MIC order, but, with the HT "Kit" now available beginning with September production, either choice is a viable option for those who are OK with Soft Top roofs. That option is NOT an option for those of us with a VIN. For those of us who were ordering in Q1 2021, when we learned from Brand Manager Esteban that a Soft Top stock roof would have no future HT rear window functionality, going with a Soft Top seemed foolish . . . Partly because here in SC, i see so many wrinkled, ragged and tattered Jeep soft tops. To me, they're seasonal, or a wear item. The "Dual Top" idea is best for me, and based on cost, it was better in March (re Estaban) to order the MIC and get the Soft Top later. But with quality problems even now on the MIC tops, there is no perfect choice, and everyone will do whats best for them and their lifestyle.
Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One has to wonder at the wisdom of satisfying a short term desire (getting my Bronco now) at the expense of living with a vehicle you didn't really want for years. I get it, the temptation is real, but a few extra months in the grand scheme of things isn't very long. I would have waited to get the hardtop I want/need.
I'd counter that with any Bronco received in the next 6+ months won't depreciate quickly. So it's not as though you couldn't take delivery and later flip it for what you want when Ford has their act together without taking too much of a loss.

Also, money is easy to get, time though is priceless.

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Changed my order to soft top as well. May the Ford scheduling mythical fairies grant my wish to getting a build date. And everybody gets one right after me. :D

Ford Bronco Changed Order to a Soft Top!!! tenor

• Haha
Reactions: RLW

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Am going to make the switch to a soft top also. Why keep waiting and take delivery of a compromised MIC. Plus can maybe buy from Ford or aftermarket a white hard top in a year or two.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In my case the vehicle is replacing a 16 year old Xterra with 220k miles. I would rather live with a soft top for two years than purchase a used vehicle at inflated prices and then resell at deflated prices. In 2023 I'll get a hard top if I think I want one. I am an October reservation, so if my gambit doesn't pay off and I get pushed to 2022, AND Ford gets the MIC tops in order, I'll probably switch back to a hard top.

I originally was planning on adding a soft top later but wanted the roof rack, but now I'll bet 4WP's unit will be much better if it makes it out of R&D. So maybe I'll never get a hard top.

(Some gremlins are sneaking into the Xterra. I recently had an un-commanded locking of the rear differential. No lights to indicate it was locked, but it was locked, Shifted to four low, engaged the locker, then disengaged and it was unlocked. Very strange.)

Sponsored

Stgalz55

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone heard of soft top option becoming available for WT? I wanted the MIC but with all the issues popping up with the hard tops I would consider the soft top if it was an option.

1936Ford3W

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 1956 Ford, 1936 Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I changed to soft top today. I also asked them to remove tow package but they forgot to when they sent me my revised order. I’m guessing tow package is still a constraint? I sent them another email to remove it to remove the last roadblock that I know of. At this point the only options I have for my BB are floor mats, tube step, and the 4.27 locking rear differential. If Ford can’t schedule it now, I would be surprised.

Rmengel

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am a few hours new to the forum and looking forward to learning from all of you who have taken delivery. I took some advice from the forum on changing my Badlands order from an MIChard top to a soft top prior to hitting production in hopes I can jump ahead will still a 2021 delivery. Hoping this change helps me.
It would be nice if we knew how many Bronco soft tops they have on order and how many they are producing per week.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made the change a couple weeks ago when they announced the free prep kit, got my VIN and build week last week. I did not change anything else, lots of "sins" BL, squatch, 2.7, tow, lux. So I'd say switch the roof, but keep what ever else you want on your order.

I originally wanted dual tops, then changed to MIC and now Soft. Might never get a hard top, don't care about "wavy" windows in the back, I want easy open/close and no panels to lug around. If somebody makes a sunrider option that covers both rows on a 4door I might get a MIC top then. I don't really have room to store one or the other, with dual top my thinking was to try them both and keep the one I like better, now I don't have to deal with that anymore and I'm sure I'll love the quick open air. And that I can close it up just as fast, even if it's just to put shade on the seats when parked in the sun.

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Switched to a soft top and I got scheduled the week of 9/13. Starting to get pumped

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The soft top is great, IMO. Yes, you hear wind with the soft top. I don't feel like it's louder than my F150, just different. It's pretty amazing to put the top down and drive home after a stressful day. So far the only thing I don't like is the channel that is supposed to carry water to the front windshield - it does not do a great job. I get wet when I open the door in the rain - like a mini downpour.

Drove an outer banks 2.7 soft-top today and came away happy that I haven’t compromised. The noise is very noticeable. Made the overall experience of driving it feel less solid. Also, I'm not sure there is a way to make the side windows on the soft-top not wavy. Distorts the view when looking from the inside out. Not a fan on many levels.
Do you currently drive a car with street tires? I don't hear excessive noise. There is wind noise, but it's not distracting and you can easily have conversation via bluetooth, listen to the radio, etc. It isn't as quiet as a hard top or a small car with street tires, obviously. For me, the view is not distorted at all when looking out the back window. I keep forgetting it's not a glass window.

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The soft top is great, IMO. Yes, you hear wind with the soft top. I don't feel like it's louder than my F150, just different. It's pretty amazing to put the top down and drive home after a stressful day. So far the only thing I don't like is the channel that is supposed to carry water to the front windshield - it does not do a great job. I get wet when I open the door in the rain - like a mini downpour.

Do you currently drive a car with street tires? I don't hear excessive noise. There is wind noise, but it's not distracting and you can easily have conversation via bluetooth, listen to the radio, etc. It isn't as quiet as a hard top or a small car with street tires, obviously. For me, the view is not distorted at all when looking out the back window. I keep forgetting it's not a glass window.
Test drove soft top with the wife and she said hell no lol. It wasn't the tire noise. But I guess if you can deal with it go for it.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Test drove soft top with the wife and she said hell no lol. It wasn't the tire noise. But I guess if you can deal with it go for it.
I'm not suggesting it is tire noise. I meant if you are used to driving a car, it has smaller wheels, and you would be used to a very quiet vehicle. On the other hand, I've been driving a diesel, then an F150 for the past 17 years, so I'm used to a little vehicle noise. I don't find the soft top to be very loud. To me it sounds like my rear truck window is cracked just a little.

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not suggesting it is tire noise. I meant if you are used to driving a car, it has smaller wheels, and you would be used to a very quiet vehicle. On the other hand, I've been driving a diesel, then an F150 for the past 17 years, so I'm used to a little vehicle noise. I don't find the soft top to be very loud. To me it sounds like my rear truck window is cracked just a little.
Yes that's how I would describe the MIC top Bronco I test drove. I can deal with that little bit of background noise daily or on road trips.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just did the same yesterday as well. I also dropped tow package, Squatch, and it's a 2.3L BD.

*Fingers crossed* if it doesn't work out I'll readjust for MY22.
Sponsored