First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealer fixed it that day. They only had it for 2 hours. It is a known issue, under the passenger footwell there is a connection peice that is known to be put on wrong. Running great since that
I should be so lucky. It sounds horrible when I start it up.....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ajsbronco

Ajsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello, AJ!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this Powertrain Malfunction concern. Thanks!
Thanks Ford,
Got it back that day. Dealer said it was a known issue. Working like it was before

OP
OP
Ajsbronco

Ajsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What connection on the floor affects the powertrain function?

Ford Bronco Check Engine Light Warning - Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power v8n6je2ysa15i6ugfhp8uezopinh9q9jk482cpj1&rid=giphy
It’s a stupid little plastic piece that broke, and the dealer said it’s in the passenger footwell.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just had the same thing occur. 2.3 manual transmission. 1200 miles.
Took mine to the dealer. The diagnosis was excessive clutch use. Reset module and off I went in an hour. They suspect it might have been from playing in the mud and snow to aggressively.

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Took mine to the dealer. The diagnosis was excessive clutch use. Reset module and off I went in an hour. They suspect it might have been from playing in the mud and snow to aggressively.
Excessive clutch use?!? WTF?

Manual2dr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just happened today, 2.3l, manual transmission. Had just came off highway after driving about 2 hours in -30C. Was waiting on a ramp for an opening in traffic, so i was on the clutch. As soon as i started would surge and almost stall, tach, fuel range were going crazy. Continued to surge until i got home, about 5 minutes. When i got home i turned off, let sit a couple minutes, warning was gone, appears normal now. Going for a drive soon to see if i can trust it tomorrow morning. 4000km (about 2500 miles). Phoned dealer, said they could get me in feb. 14th, as they are booked, no staff. Told them next call would be for a tow truck!

Sponsored

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just happened today, 2.3l, manual transmission. Had just came off highway after driving about 2 hours in -30C. Was waiting on a ramp for an opening in traffic, so i was on the clutch. As soon as i started would surge and almost stall, tach, fuel range were going crazy. Continued to surge until i got home, about 5 minutes. When i got home i turned off, let sit a couple minutes, warning was gone, appears normal now. Going for a drive soon to see if i can trust it tomorrow morning. 4000km (about 2500 miles). Phoned dealer, said they could get me in feb. 14th, as they are booked, no staff. Told them next call would be for a tow truck!
Please update when you learn more. I'm now having some revving when going from 3rd gear to neutral.

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You have an update? I have the same error again today. Taking it in for service in the morning.

Manual2dr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have an update? I have the same error again today. Taking it in for service in the morning.
It hasn't happened again, and i can't get into dealer until the 14th, i'll let you know if they tell me anything. I do have big concerns if it is clutch useage related though.

Reactions: Geo

Manual2dr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got into dealer. They found multiple dtc's p0236, p0600, p168e, p2227, u0401. The suspect problem related to bulletin ssm 50148, loose improperly seated connector behind glove box. They disconnected cone tor, inspected pins reseated, test drove no issue, they said. Personally, i'll see, problem has not shown up since it happened 12 days ago and then disappeared when i turned vehicle off. My useage has been currently been all on road, concerns about what might happen when it actually gets really bounced around offroad.

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Finally got into dealer. They found multiple dtc's p0236, p0600, p168e, p2227, u0401. The suspect problem related to bulletin ssm 50148, loose improperly seated connector behind glove box. They disconnected cone tor, inspected pins reseated, test drove no issue, they said. Personally, i'll see, problem has not shown up since it happened 12 days ago and then disappeared when i turned vehicle off. My useage has been currently been all on road, concerns about what might happen when it actually gets really bounced around offroad.
Thanks for the update. The first time it happened they cleared codes, test drove and said it was all good to go. The second time it happened, they did bulletin ssm 50148, cleared codes but found a code they couldn't clear. The dealer has a case number with Ford about the code they can't clear. I now have another issue. A grinding noise when started on cold days. I have reported both issues with Ford and have a case number and a Ford service person assigned to me. It has now been almost a week and nothing is being done. Time to call my service rep.
Sponsored