Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like this? 😁

1612387547467.jpeg
I actually loved the 80s and 90s gm 2 door fwds. I did some magic in a 89 beretta gt 5spd. Snow storms, gravel roads, and 117mph rev limiter on country roads delivering pizza. Had my liscense revoked in 3 counties in that car:ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

OP
OP

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@pitter_patter I wish you good luck in your chrome bumper dream. While, I’m not a fan, there will be far far worse mods made to Broncos. In fact, your mod is quite tasteful in comparison to the things we all know are coming.
Emphasis on the "or nah?" The half-assed rendering doesn't look that great.

Just looking for a way to make the white top work.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have you thought about chrome vinyl wrap? It’s reversible.

Ford Bronco Chrome the steel bumper or nah? 1612388560887

Ford Bronco Chrome the steel bumper or nah? 1612388595086

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's only a bumper.

White and black look great together. Facts. But you don't wear a white belt with black shoes.
if you buy a bronco yeah you do cause the tires are black lol

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've had old chrome parts re-chromed, and I'll will say that ain't cheap. To chrome the plastic covers on the Bronco will be problematic at best. But, if you have enough money someone will certainly try for you. Myself, I wouldn't even try. The vinyl wrap would be the best if it will adhere to the bumper material. It's your Bronco to do as you like. It's no ones else's business, so make it your own.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You know what stopped looking cool on cars a long time ago? "Murdered out" cars that appear to have no trim or contrast whatsoever.

I present my case in point at a horrifically unattractive trim set, the "black shadow edition" bmw. This doesn't even have matte paint and it looks like shit. No contrast, no framing, no visual break between the black, black, black and black.

photo[1].jpg
However, what appeals to the younger generation these days would be considered embarrassing to those a generation older.

I mean, these are considered modern and appealing to some. To me, these look like the utter crap I made in "digital media" class back in 1993 because I hadn't understood the concept of layers or depth.
210108-gm-logo-ew-1226p_d3f185cb08a55b74885996c4639d74c2.nbcnews-fp-1024-512[1].jpg

CWAHFMjZz8oaqK5npB2kS4-1200-80[1].jpg

aDzH7sHpSJ9ivMQhPMiwT5_1024_80[1].jpg

Now, back to the topic at hand; chroming.

Due to EPA regulations, you're most likely looking at dropping around $3,000-3,500 to strip, dip and chrome the front and rear bumpers for a Bronco. There are few chroming facilities left, most have turned to different plating and specifically got out of the chrome game a long time ago.

I think you should go for it and give it a shot!

Full disclosure: I'm the guy who modifies stainless steel trim from vehicles to suit my customization needs. I also refinish all the stainless steel trim using files, sandpaper and rouge. Oh, that means nothing from after about 1963.

Here's a pic from a day spent polishing the chrome on the '51. Don't mind the flaked, custom bike in the background with whitewalls, you all would hate that as well because I had to build that by hand instead of buying it that way.

chrome polishing.jpg
WTF is up with that bike!

But seriously, the only issue I anticipate having with my black-colored Black Diamond 2-door is the black wheels. I hate black wheels*. I'm pretty sure the wheels are coming off soon after I get the truck and I'll take them to a wheel shop to be painted the correct color, which is silver.

* full disclosure, being a 30-year BMW owner, black wheels are sort of natural from brake dusting, but still...

Wild51

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't looked into the cost or weight of chrome plating the front bumper, but I think the bumper is understated enough that it might look pretty sharp -- especially with a white top. White tops with black bumpers don't look right....

You'd have to get the back bumper to match, and maybe do the door handles... but be careful not go overboard, and just do little accents. Don't want it looking like a Hummer2/3. The grill is def way too big to be chrome.

Any photoshop nerds out there want to render some chrome bumpers?
Just a friendly reminder:

This guy has a Bronco and is already planning on violating it while thousands of us are waiting for ours.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you had a black or dark blue truck, caroming everything would look cool. You’d have so to the bumpers, wheels, grille, emblems.

I think it could look cool.

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco