First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Chrome trim is still very much the norm. Take a look around next time you're walking through a parking lot. Then be my guest and go inside the store and laugh at everyone.
Funny. I’m in a parking lot, where’s the chrome? Unless you’re talking about a couple of plastic accent pieces with silver colored plating?
Ford Bronco Chrome the steel bumper or nah? EB3A34C7-37FD-4096-8D9C-C7A7859B150B
Sponsored

OP
OP

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny. I’m in a parking lot, where’s the chrome? Unless you’re talking about a couple of plastic accent pieces with silver colored plating?
Ford Bronco Chrome the steel bumper or nah? EB3A34C7-37FD-4096-8D9C-C7A7859B150B
Exactly my point. It's everywhere. Even though it's fake plastic. Those moons look great on that throwback beetle though.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly my point. It's everywhere. Even though it's fake plastic. Those moons look great on that throwback beetle though.
Are you joking? I was mocking you over the 3 pieces in the photo...

🤣🤣🤣🤣

You do you, but please post photos.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I de-chrome every vehicle that I own. All badges get removed or are replaced with black ones. Chrome Bronco on the swing gate will be removed day 1. Will replace with a black one in time. Chrome needs to stay away from the new Bronco especially something the size of a bumper.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it 1976? is this a time warp ; ). Just teasing, as my daughter tells me "you do you Dad", so you do you pitter_patter.
Pretty close. Last chrome bumper I had was on a '77 T-Bird, full-size. Some yahoo borrowing mommy's new fangled Trans-Am rear-ended me at a stop light. Not a scratch, bent my license plate. Crunched the front of that Trans-Am up so bad it was taken away on a flatbed.

OP
OP

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I de-chrome every vehicle that I own. All badges get removed or are replaced with black ones. Chrome Bronco on the swing gate will be removed day 1. Will replace with a black one in time. Chrome needs to stay away from the new Bronco especially something the size of a bumper.
I fully support this, particularly when it comes to the faux plastic chrome, which my good pal has posted a picture of.

I'm really just trying to think of a way to make the white top work.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I fully support this, particularly when it comes to the faux plastic chrome, which my good pal has posted a picture of.

I'm really just trying to think of a way to make the white top work.
Yeah, I don’t think the white top is going to look good either but adding chrome won’t help. I do have an irrational hatred for chrome on modern vehicles though.

OP
OP

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I don’t think the white top is going to look good either but adding chrome won’t help. I do have an irrational hatred for chrome on modern vehicles though.
With the way bumpers are integrated into vehicles now I agree it usually looks tacky and too loud.

Since the Bronco has a traditional bolt on bumper separate from the body and the retro look, I think there might be a way to make it look right. The key is to keep it minimal and simple, like the original and to use actual chrome. But a raw light carbon gray steel might look better (something that would look closer to silver than black.)

Sponsored

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this the response you give to people crying about a white top? And I mean, it isn't like Ford is marketing this as a throwback to the 60s/70s at all....

I say the same thing about white tops. There is zero white elsewhere on the Bronco. Doesn't seem to bother anyone though.
You mean the response I give myself about crying about the white top? I really wanted a white top, not sure I would pay 2k for it though...

White top, white rims, white bumper = sweet!

I think you took the teasing a little too harshly. When my adult daughter says "you do you dad" it is typically after I tell her about what she considers "questionable" design choices.

242411_Front_3-4.jpg

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So first off for all the people saying it doesnt look good these days, thats just dumb. Its not like it racist or sexist its just what some one who owns something wants something to look like. So saying its out of date or isnt in fashion is completely irrelevant unless you base your entire life on what others think of you. Which is probably the number one issue with society in modern days. Dont add yourselves to the pile of bodies that just die when someone doesnt like a picture they post of their butt or rooster hair-do.

If someone likes chrome let em chrome without holding them on trail at The Hauge.

As for the style. I like both, jeeps I think look better with black because in my mind jeeps are meant to be beaten on. I have only rarely rammed a ford into a tree to bounce out of a rut, but jeeps all the time. So black makes sense on em so I cant touch it up with a can of primer. Since we are talking about a 40-50k vehicle I wont be beating mine like that. I personally have been thinking about fabricating polished aluminum bumpers for mine as well as rock rails. To complent that I would like to have body color(VB) matched flares and a set of the steel wing flares for mudding days or just rainy season. I also gave though about chromed mirror caps and a chrome (or polished allow)grille. I also think it would look great with any added lights to have chrome or polished shine to them. I always loved the trucks with KCs when I was a kid.

Im not a 21 year old criminal hiding from the cops anymore. I like my vehicle to stand out from the crowd. Not because I want someone else to see me, but when I walk to a parking lot and see my bright blue bronco from a mile away, it puts a grin on my face and a tickle down below.

Also im 36 and not some polish my car twice a day fool. I like my vehicle to look good but like it even more when its completely covered in mud.
I kind of think the blacked out think has reached its peak. Its probably gonna be the bronco that kills it too. So if you have to be trendy try being a leading and dont push down ideas, because they may be the next big thing.

I wonder if speckled paint and fuzzy dashes will come back? Its multicolored so unoffensive and safe and cushy for the snowflakes.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think the factory bumpers are too busy for it, but I'd love to see a stripped, straight polished aluminum set of bumpers. I have no design sense let alone automotive/fabricating knowledge so not really sure what is doable or how it would be done - but I would be into a super simple bumper. throw some fogs on it and call it a day.

1971 Mallard Green Bronco (3).jpg

boxwood.green.2.retro.grill.jpg

OP
OP

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick and dirty mockup for you.

Ford Bronco Chrome the steel bumper or nah? boxwood.green.2.retro.grill
I was thinking more like this, but I only have an iPhone to work with. Note: I'm trying to delete the push bar here not make it black. This isn't the best angle to speculate on whether it would work with a white top...
Ford Bronco Chrome the steel bumper or nah? IMG_0141
Sponsored