Sponsored

Cleaning...Took the top off now I have dirt mud and dust everywhere.

ibock

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I took the top off and the door off and wow did my Bronco get dirty fast? I mean I obviously knew it would be dirty but not like this. I have never had to hard-core clean the inside of a vehicle. Any suggestions on products or tips? Carpets have all kinds of crap dirt and grass stuck in them that a normal vacuum is not picking up. Is there any way to make this thing look like new again?
Sponsored

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never understood the doors and top off thing. Maybe if you are driving around town. However our summer residence is 20 miles from a spec of pavement.

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I took the top off and the door off and wow did my Bronco get dirty fast? I mean I obviously knew it would be dirty but not like this. I have never had to hard-core clean the inside of a vehicle. Any suggestions on products or tips? Carpets have all kinds of crap dirt and grass stuck in them that a normal vacuum is not picking up. Is there any way to make this thing look like new again?
There's a ton of detailing video on Youtube. I've learned some cool techniques and tools to deep clean while avoiding damage.

Reactions: jon

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100 psi air compressor, hose and blowgun.
I use zip ties and lock my air hose and shop vac hose together with the air hose sticking out about 5 inches past the front of the vac hose. The air breaks it lose and the shop vac catches it. Works fairly well for the desert dirt and pine needles, can't much speak to grass... don't ever see that stuff.

Sponsored

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
top off doors off is my cue to feel super cool, look super cool, and be super cool, all in my own mind! My interior is so dusty I have an allergy attack everytime I get in, but by god I feel so cool and have so much fun cruising that thing around I’ll happily sneeze until the cows come home.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My top and doors have been off since May and my girlfriend has a Dalmatian. I've never see dog hair embed itself quite like that dogs hair. I use a stuff bristle brush and my shop vac at the same time. I works great. But I'm going to try the air hose idea above too. I bet that is even easier.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My top comes off at the end of May and goes back on in October. No dirt or dust issues. Obviously taking the doors off is the culprit.

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Week 2 of ownership I took my Bronco to Uwharrie, with the top down. It was dusty as hell, especially being in the middle of the convoy. I spent like 2 hours cleaning the interior when I got back home and thought I did an OK job.... until I started taking it apart to install my stereo stuff. Sheesh, there's dust in places I never would have bothered to look for it - including lots of it behind panels and in cracks and crevices. Needless to say, it will never be "like new" clean again but soon it will be pretty close to it and I won't be doing that again.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Masking tape, used like a lint roller, sticky side down wrapped around your hand, can pull up grass seeds, used with a brush or your fingernails pulls up a lot of it, but vacuum first to get the dirt up or you'll go through more tape.

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The easy way.... choose the washout interior.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might take it to a detailer you trust. I would be wary of cleaning chemicals.

Had a guy on a motobike at Northwest OHV come up and tell me to roll my window down once. Thinking he needed some help, I did and he commenced to making fun of me for having the windows up/ac on. It was, of course, 106deg at 10am that day. However, three trips to Merus, multiple to Northwest, one to Cross Bar and lots of county roads, Alpine Loop, et cetera et cetera, I need to detail it as well. Also look at your air filters if you haven't.

Last edited:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few tricks and tips if you DIY and don't pay for a deep-clean detail:

Air hose and vacuum as above mentioned, and as crazy as it sounds, one of those round-ball-end deep tissue massagers (or vibrating apparatus of your choice) against the floor and a vacuum in the other hand. It will vibrate and loosen up the debris, sand, and dust, bring it to the top.
Or a D/A sander with the hook and loop backing pad on it.
Examples of both below.

And @BlarneyStoned I feel that sentiment. So much. After over 2 dozen trips down there with the Bronco, half of those with no doors or top...It's a PITA to clean even with my washout interior. If I had carpet...Man. Dust inside of places you'd never suspect. *check your cabin filter too, btw.

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
My top comes off at the end of May and goes back on in October. No dirt or dust issues. Obviously taking the doors off is the culprit.
However... you live in the burbs. How often are you on dirt / off-road? Another vehicle coming down our road will dust my interior out - even with just the windows open - never mind w / o doors and top.

This is the typical AM view from my front porch. Top and doors off at night invites critters to explore your vehicle. My nearest spec of pavement is 20 miles away. The Weminuchi Wilderness boundary is a 5 minute walk. I am always careful to take a look around before I let the dog out.

Sponsored