First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's actually an awesome deal compared to doing it yourself.

Just the cheapest J2534 adapter and the FDRS 2 day license will cost you that much!

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in the PNW and have never experienced this issue...operator error?
Joking right? Just in case Iā€™ve forgotten how to use windshield wipers in the last 50 years. No, In heavy rain, wipers set to normal or high speed, not intermittent, the wipers gradually slow to a stop. Kinda hard to be operator error. Multiple posts on this.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok so what happens when someone comes in that used Forscan and changed settings?
This is a good question. I've never done it, but I've always been curious how obvious it is to techs.

Like not major changes, but say just disabling the double beep or auto stop/start.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SSM 50692 2021-2022 Bronco - Various Windshield Wiper Performance - Smart Wiper Motor Operation
2021-2022 Bronco vehicles are equipped with a smart windshield wiper motor, which has the capability of sensing load of the wiper blades coming across the windshield glass. As a result of this operational characteristic/design, the operation may not be what is expected in certain conditions. The vehicle is programmed with protection features to prevent damage to the wiper motor in case of overheating, operation with dry windshields, or obstructions to the wiper blade (snow, ice, etc.). In such conditions, the wiper motor will temporarily reduce its speed and/or reduce area of cleaning until the condition is no longer present.
THIS IS ALL I COULD FIND
Indeed. What I guess is unexpected is the complete stop of the windshield wipers in a downpour. Itā€™s dangerous safety concern, and I know Ford monitors these threads, but nothing has been done to address it over last year.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a good question. I've never done it, but I've always been curious how obvious it is to techs.

Like not major changes, but say just disabling the double beep or auto stop/start.
Generally, they won't bother to care about any changes unless they are directly related to the problem at hand. In that case, it's likely that they might reload the original as built data to see if it is a problem.

Some FDRS updates will clear out FORSCAN changes inadvertently.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Posting this thread to be helpful for any warranty issues. I work at a ford dealer in north east Ohio, drive a bronco myself and have access to all TSB (technical service bulletins), Recalls, and portal messages. As well as the issues I see on the daily! feel free to conversate.

My Mic 2.0 is starting to show some scaling (delimitation), will the dealer give me any trouble on a warranty claim and replacement? Will they replace the entire roof? Thanks

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the window rattle issue with my driver-side window when rolled down a few inches and going over bumps. I go it bad too. LOL.

I know there is a TSB or SSM about this and I have seen it and followed the procedure. However, when I saw it, it only referenced adjusting the bottom bolts all the way outboard. Now I am seeing some posts that reference adjusting the side adjustment bolts all the way in-board also???? Any chance you can post the latest/most complete version of this service bulletin? I have been chasing this issue since I got the truck in July and anything I do to it seems to make it worse.

Sponsored

Jhokfan

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The gauge cluster on my 22 Badlands has stopped working. Not the entire dash, just the gauge cluster that includes fuel level and goat modes. I have heard there may be a service bulletin about a loose connector. Any info in that regard?

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And if you are over 36k miles, what do they charge you to get up to the current version? Because it takes 12 damn hours to update everything.

I just bit the bullet and purchased FDRS and suffered for 12 hours.
We only charge one hour of labor - $170.00
That's actually an awesome deal compared to doing it yourself.

Just the cheapest J2534 adapter and the FDRS 2 day license will cost you that much!

Thanks for the info. But it's supposed to update over the air for free. And if it doesn't (implying that something isn't working properly), it will then cost $170. Seems to me it should be covered as a warranty issue.

To be clear, I'm not criticizing you @FORD EMPLOYED 22OBX . I genuinely appreciate your willingness to come on here and answer questions. But this doesn't make sense.

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Posting this thread to be helpful for any warranty issues. I work at a ford dealer in north east Ohio, drive a bronco myself and have access to all TSB (technical service bulletins), Recalls, and portal messages. As well as the issues I see on the daily! feel free to conversate.
Welcome to the site. I am a SM but man you opened Pandora's box! lol!

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in the PNW and have never experienced this issue...operator error?
If I hadn't just experienced this on a long roadtrip from Denver to SF I'd be right with you. Although hearing OP's explanation makes a ton of sense. I was driving and the windshield was icing over. To mitigate the icing I would leave the wipers on so the ice wouldn't build up. Wipers would slow and even go into intermittent. Was annoying and I thought I was going insane but it makes sense, zero rain, just icy spray from the highway. The truck must have figured it wasn't rainy or the motors were overheating.

Last edited:

Tempyy

Outer Banks
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

every time iā€™m at about 20 mph or higher, my passenger side roof squeaks extremely loud in between the driver and passenger door. iā€™ve greased every area of the roof, all hinges and joints, and still canā€™t get this squeak to go away. any ideas?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.