Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

go BD, it's the best. Once you go BD you never go back :D
BD does not give me Lux package and adaptive rise control. With 10-13 hour drives once a month that would kill me... BD not an option but interior no bad, I could live with the blue trim. If that interior was offered on WT I could live with it... but agin would need them to be powered seats since I 6'4" 230 lbs and have never fit in manual seats on any rental cars I have ever sat in...
Sponsored

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
F150s aren't that big? Are you wanting to compare to, a semi? Have you tried to park a super crew? They are not small vehicles at all. That is a 2 door bronco next to a super crew with a 5' bed. Of course it looks a lot smaller.
Yeah ha I'd consider an f150 a medium truck. Ram 2500, F-250s, etc. Those are full trucks to me.

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

need to check out the MIC in person —B6 members have seen the MIC at events and said it looks way better in person

bronco3

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get what everyone is saying about the different color between the hard top and the door. I am thinking it will not be that dramatic in actual light (not under factory lighting). Plus those are most likely different materials being used (hardtop vs door trim) and are IMO reflecting the light differently.
If you compare the "shine" from the hardtop to the fender arches, that's basically the same. The colors / amount of "shine" seem similar to me and thus match. I bet it's going to be like the unpainted Jeep hardtops. My wife has a 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU with unpainted hardtop and it looks good.
It would be ludicrous of Ford to release the Bronco with something that was that light of a grey.
Good point. You can also see this looking at the closeups in the first post as well. It's already been mentioned, but it does seem the texture and gloss level of the top are just messing with us. I'm not going to worry about it anymore. Ford probably made the top highly textured and glossy so it's durable or hides imperfections/scratches. The different texture means it's going to reflect light differently than other parts.

I think this is another good photo that shows the shifting darkness of the top due to light:

Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade bronco-mic-to

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford please just explain why this is the colour you have chosen? I mean you have listened and built a beautiful Bronco, its clear that this is the biggest controversy, would it be that hard to give a black option? Really! This would make thousands happy! Isn't that the least you can do.... please!

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll wait till the end of 2021 for my FE in a Painted Black top......sorry Ford but not going for this MIC top on a FE. Thats kinda a kick to the nuts for a FE buyer! :mad:
That's a big mistake on Ford's part if they actually produce the FE with a grey MIC top & ++'s o_O

OP
OP
eatworksleepdie

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly think you guys are getting way too hung up on the word "Grey". It's for all intents and purposes, Black plastic. It's the same color of "black" plastic that's been around forever. I mean, I'm going off the photos too of course, but I think the "grey" plastic/MIC hardtop and fender flares etc are all that same black non painted color you see on everything.

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I honestly think you guys are getting way too hung up on the word "Grey". It's for all intents and purposes, Black plastic. It's the same color of "black" plastic that's been around forever. I mean, I'm going off the photos too of course, but I think the "grey" plastic/MIC hardtop and fender flares etc are all that same black non painted color you see on everything.
its been confirmed that it is a carbonized grey MIC

thsxtreme

Outer Banks
First Name
tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Sahara Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was very disappointed when I found out this was the only availably top besides the soft top. But I think it will look ok with White so I am fine with it until painted tops becomes available later. (y)

Sponsored

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is full size by definition.
yeah I know but just by feel and looks. I've driven a lot of different trucks from Dodge, Ford and Chevy and that's my opinion but it's just that, my opinion. I'm just not really used to SUVs yet but can't wait for the Bronco!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah I know but just by feel and looks. I've driven a lot of different trucks from Dodge, Ford and Chevy and that's my opinion but it's just that, my opinion. I'm just not really used to SUVs yet but can't wait for the Bronco!
Super duty and full size are definitions, though. An F150 is a half-ton truck. It is not a mid size truck, but I think it drives better than the competition. That may account for your feeling that it seems less bulky.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone notice that all of the interior pictures of the MIC hard top is brown when you do the 360 degree interior picture? Is light brown production? Seems odd that outside is carbonite gray of something that is pitched as molded in color (as in molded in one color) and then the inside would be light brown. You'd think at the very least it would be the same CG color or a lighter gray

Ford Bronco Closeup pics of dark gray MIC top - in sun vs shade bronco-mic-to
Good question.

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
need to check out the MIC in person —B6 members have seen the MIC at events and said it looks way better in person
I have seen it in person and feel it looks worse! People definitely need to see it for themselves and make up their own minds.
Sponsored