Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think these OBX seats look good. Actually, all the cloth seats look good except WT for me.

My biggest concern with cloth seats is staining. This summer, I rented a Wrangler Sahara with tan seats (like the roast). I had a smidge of dirt on my finger and it left a stain on the seat.

I thought the bronco fabric might hold up better. Then I see this pick, and it pushes me to MGV or Leather.

I have not had cloth seats in over 20 years. Does anyone have positive or negative experiences with cloth seat durability?

Ford Bronco Cloth seats, staining? 1608509689608
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The durability is great. The seats on the 15 year old Escape are physically like brand new. Stain resistance? Like crap. Water stains them! My daughter refused to get cloth seats on her Escape just for that reason. Maybe Ford has fixed this. Honestly, it does not bother me that much because I use the vehicle, not show it. But it can be annoying that spilling a bit of water makes it look like you wet your seat permanently.

Edit: For the record, the Escape seats are medium grey. The black seat centers on the Bronco may hide this better.

Last edited:

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just hate cloth. I’d rather burn my legs on black leather or vinyl than have cloth. It stains easily and traps odors. Something about it is just gross to me. I’ve gotta have leather or vinyl.

Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I like cloth, does stain though. Others have suggested Scotch Guard as a protectant. I have never had cloth seats "smell", if you smoke or leave food in it maybe, but if you keep it clean, it will be fine.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they're supposed to be stain resistant and maybe even water resistant? Can't remember where I saw that.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I just hate cloth. I’d rather burn my legs on black leather or vinyl than have cloth. It stains easily and traps odors. Something about it is just gross to me. I’ve gotta have leather or vinyl.
I’ve never had an odor issue that I can recall with any of the cloth seats I’ve had but.... I suppose it depends on what you do in it. My understanding is the staining is due to using recycled materials. However, I never have added any of the business office sales add on’s though either so take it for what it is worth.

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had two F150's with cloth seats and they were a royal pain to keep clean and just about anything would stain them. If they got wet I would have to leave the windows down until they dried out or I would get that musty smell.

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We have a 2014 Ford Fiesta with black cloth seats and they’ve seen it all but they look just as good as the day we brought it home. We also have a 2018 VW Tiguan with tan cloth seats. Complete opposite end of the spectrum, if I look at them the wrong way....STAINED! I hate them.

So I’m going to put my faith in the Ford cloth seats and if they don’t get it done I’ll spend a fortune on Katzkins and go leather, when they become available.

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had Both a Ford Escape and a Ford Taurus, both with cloth And the staining was horrible. They lasted and did not rip but as another said, even water leaves a noticeable mark. This appears to me to be exact same type of material ford has been using for cloth for at least a decade so I would bet anything this will stain easily.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Asking this forum for their opinion is like reading through an Amazon product review .

Does the cloth stain ?

No it does not.
Yes , worst seats I've ever had .
My seats are 20 years old and look like new .
Ford has non-staining seats now .
My 2021 Ford seats stained the first week I had it .
I love the cloth seats .
Cloth is the worst material for a seat ever .

LMAO

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I owned 3 Wranglers with cloth seats. They got rained on, mud on them, daughter and dogs walking all over them. They always cleaned up. Jeep uses what they call "trail cloth" and whatever it is, it wore and cleaned up great. Haven't been able to see or feel the cloth that will be in the Bronco, but my assumption is that Ford will use the same type of material.

For top off, I prefer cloth to vinyl or leather.

If you are really worried about stains or the interior not looking new, don't ever take the top or doors off.

CARdiac

First Edition
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 Alpha, MINI Cooper S JCW, TVR 280i
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think these OBX seats look good. Actually, all the cloth seats look good except WT for me.

My biggest concern with cloth seats is staining. This summer, I rented a Wrangler Sahara with tan seats (like the roast). I had a smidge of dirt on my finger and it left a stain on the seat.

I thought the bronco fabric might hold up better. Then I see this pick, and it pushes me to MGV or Leather.

I have not had cloth seats in over 20 years. Does anyone have positive or negative experiences with cloth seat durability?

Ford Bronco Cloth seats, staining? 1608509689608
Chemical guys have a nice spray protection, I used that and spilled several cups of coffee with no staining

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My last Ford was a 2006 F150 with gray cloth. It stained with water. I’ll never own another vehicle with cloth, especially now that I have kids.
Sponsored