First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am doing the new reservation in October so now there are 2 of us!
I have a late reservation, but not october. Who knows when mine gets built but I think I am closer to being at the end.
Sponsored

Manningwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still trying to decide if I want to push my reservation back. My impulse wants the car sooner as I’m keeping this a secret and I don’t know how long I’m going to be able to do that. My conscience tells me I should wait and nab the extra $620 in savings. Might not even be anyone to transport with by the time my car is built if I delay it more.
I know there are a couple of us that will create a new October reservation with Granger Ford.

Manningwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a late reservation, but not october. Who knows when mine gets built but I think I am closer to being at the end.
Well if you do a new reservation this month with granger, you get additional discounts and some others in this group are doing the same thing so we should be able to have reduced shipping rate.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well if you do a new reservation this month with granger, you get additional discounts and some others in this group are doing the same thing so we should be able to have reduced shipping rate.
I saw that discount and right now I'm going to leave it alone. The estimates are everywhere but I've seen march of 2022 for an oct reservation....Thats really far away and I hope thats not true. Its very hard planning that far ahead. Who knows but your right I might be in there with you guys...

OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If anyone is considering doing group shipping, let me know after you make or switch your reservation to Granger and I will add you to our private thread.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw that discount and right now I'm going to leave it alone. The estimates are everywhere but I've seen march of 2022 for an oct reservation....Thats really far away and I hope thats not true. Its very hard planning that far ahead. Who knows but your right I might be in there with you guys...
Nobody really knows what’s going to happen. But I know that 150K+ reservations happened in July. So if you aren’t in July you’re probably September-December 2021 anyways and that might be generous. I’m probably going to just keep my 10/1 pre-order, I was 8/17 I think. I doubt I’m moving back by a whole lot, 10-30K maybe? That’s like 1-3 months.

Last edited:

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nobody really knows what’s going to happen. But I know that 150K+ reservations happened in July. So if you aren’t in July you’re probably September-December 2021 anyways. I’m probably going to just keep my 10/1 pre-order, I was 8/17 I think. I doubt I’m moving back by a whole lot, 10-30K maybe? That’s like 1-3 months.
Agreed no one really knows how this is going to pan out. I'd like to get it before winter starts back up of 2021 if possible and I'm not in July. Thats what I'm holding out for. I'll be driving a mustang in Denver.....or borrowing my daughters truck this winter. I don't want to do it for two winters if possible. Driving a mustang in Denver during winter is not fun!!!!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed no one really knows how this is going to pan out. I'd like to get it before winter starts back up of 2021 if possible and I'm not in July. Thats what I'm holding out for. I'll be driving a mustang in Denver.....or borrowing my daughters truck this winter. I don't want to do it for two winters if possible. Driving a mustang in Denver during winter is not fun!!!!
That would be ideal but it won’t be a big deal for me if I move back, I thankfully have that luxury! Haha I drove a Camaro for 6 straight years, year round in Colorado with absolutely no issue. Some blizzaks will make that thing a tank, I could pass everyone sliding everywhere.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That would be ideal but it won’t be a big deal for me if I move back, I thankfully have that luxury! Haha I drove a Camaro for 6 straight years, year round in Colorado with absolutely no issue. Some blizzaks will make that thing a tank, I could pass everyone sliding everywhere.
Oh yeah. I forgot. This is a Colorado thread......lol.

You deserve a medal!!!! I have had to put my mustang away for 3 months at a time during winter. I dont have blizzacks......lol. I work snow shifts at the airport and have to drive in during blizzards and back home again. A few times I wasnt sure if I would make it back. My xj with a 4" lift and 32s got stuck once at 3am once...Not fun!!!

I used to make the trip in a mazda speed 3....That was a little better than the mustang.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since we are in the colorado thread.....What are your guys thoughts on the 2.7 with auto vs the 2.3 stick in a Sasquatch.......My daughter has a ranger and its slow off the line with the 2.3 and auto. I think it has to do with the altitude and the turbo spooling up. I like the idea of the 2.7 and auto but I dont want a really big lag at startup. I think the 2.3 with manual might make for quicker starts. Thoughts...

Albert...If you get to test drive one before we order you'll have to report back to us!!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In going to attempt to test drive a ranger and f150 this coming week with my wife to see what the motors are like here at altitude. I'll report back if anyone is interested at all. I know there have been multiple threads about that comparison already though.

OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In going to attempt to test drive a ranger and f150 this coming week with my wife to see what the motors are like here at altitude. I'll report back if anyone is interested at all. I know there have been multiple threads about that comparison already though.
Awesome, please let us know how that goes. I was thinking about doing the same with the Ranger but not sure they are the same engine?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome, please let us know how that goes. I was thinking about doing the same with the Ranger but not sure they are the same engine?
Yep, it's the exact same motor/transmission combo the bronco will have if you get the auto with the 2.3. We are choosing between the 2.3 manual and 2.7 auto, but i at least want to feel, hear, etc the motors.

OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, it's the exact same motor/transmission combo the bronco will have if you get the auto with the 2.3. We are choosing between the 2.3 manual and 2.7 auto, but i at least want to feel, hear, etc the motors.
Yeah, me too.

I'm almost certain that I will go with the 2.7L because I'm going with the 4-door and hoping to tow a small camper, but I'd still like to try them out to get an idea of the feel and sound.

I may even do this several times between now and next Spring/Summer, lol.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh yeah. I forgot. This is a Colorado thread......lol.

You deserve a medal!!!! I have had to put my mustang away for 3 months at a time during winter. I dont have blizzacks......lol. I work snow shifts at the airport and have to drive in during blizzards and back home again. A few times I wasnt sure if I would make it back. My xj with a 4" lift and 32s got stuck once at 3am once...Not fun!!!

I used to make the trip in a mazda speed 3....That was a little better than the mustang.
That does not sound fun!! To be fair I can’t drive 4’ in my Scat Pack Challenger. 500 torque is too much even in eco mode lol. Just spinnnssssssssss
Sponsored