Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey
@mrlevine
, are manuals going to be available from the start of production or are they all delayed 6 months?

nkx_0eEy_bigger.jpg

Mike Levine

@mrlevine

Replying to
@pkinm3
The manual transmission with Sasquatch package is targeted to be available in late 2021.

Reading between the lines, it sounds to me like the Manual Sasquatch is going to be a '22 model and the other manuals will be available from the start
Sponsored

brettclutch

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a really great PR strategy, multiple layers going on that we are all are being suckered by, but in the end, some people that wanted that config will get what they want, and that is a good thing.

- Levine plants seed that they might think about 2.3+sas via twitter
- Enough people 'rise up' via petition and discussion. Which keeps us all discussing the new bronco and keeps it in the news.
- They announce they will do it.
- They gain a tone of goodwill for 'listening' and then ignore other non-seeded / planted stuff. Don't expect any other 'customer demanded changes' from ford. This one was pre-meditated and calculated.

Secondly,

Notice how the good news comes with the bad news hidden in the PR announcement. Levine's thinking 'man, we need some good news to counter this bad news' and sandwiched that stuff together.

In the end, some people that wanted that configuration will be happy, so its all fine, but realize that ford PR is playing us like a fiddle. Crazy how some people get so good at this kind of stuff. Now the headline wont be "Ford slipping B&P to October" but rather "Ford will do 2.3L+ Sas on base!" then in the article will be mention that it wont be coming until October.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The bigger question....

the people who made the “I'm outta here!!” threads when this wasn't an option and they bought something else instead.......do we know if most cancelled their reservations already??? We all appreciated moving closer to the front of the line:D

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey
@mrlevine
, are manuals going to be available from the start of production or are they all delayed 6 months?

Ford Bronco Confirmed: Manual + Sasquatch Bronco, October Build & Price! nkx_0eEy_bigger
Mike Levine
@mrlevine

Replying to
@pkinm3
The manual transmission with Sasquatch package is targeted to be available in late 2021.

Reading between the lines, it sounds to me like the Manual Sasquatch is going to be a '22 model and the other manuals will be available from the start

perfectly fine with me. i had a late reservation number and planning on a '22 delivery. hoping that the color palette includes a real green option and white hard top by then.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am frustrated at the push back date for the P&B.
I want to shit or get off the pot here and go a different direction based on the end pricing.
I have a tough time thinking it is due to IT not being about to get it done.
Can someone offer a plausible explanation from a business standpoint why it's being pushed?
I wish Ford would be more transparent as to delays. I could live with that.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am frustrated at the push back date for the P&B.
I want to shit or get off the pot here and go a different direction based on the end pricing.
I have a tough time thinking it is due to IT not being about to get it done.
Can someone offer a plausible explanation from a business standpoint why it's being pushed?
I wish Ford would be more transparent as to delays. I could live with that.
There really should be some transparency about this delay. With the average 10 year old able to program a rudimentary Build&Price, those rock stars are either milking Ford for more money or non-existent and it's an obvious lie. Ford could've said, "Due to the pandemic, parts supplies have been delayed further and the availability of some optional equipment is in jeopardy. In fairness to some suppliers, we are delaying Build & Price to offer them a chance to meet availability requirements and be included for customer selection."

My guess is that some of the manufacturers of the 200 accessories aren't at normal production capacity and asked Ford for more time.

Sponsored

Coldsteele

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My biggest question is still "what exactly comes with the sasquatch package". I feel like they havent been clear enough with it. They say it's got a special suspension and a 2" wider track. Doesn't have different control arms or is this just because of the 35s being wider and the wheels being more offset?

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saying "most likely" is a bit of a stretch. We literally have no idea exactly how Ford will build. They say they will build to reservations. At this point there's no reason to assume they will build the higher trims, other than FE of course, first.
You're right we don't know. All we can do is guess at this point. But our reservations don't mean anything until they're turned into orders by way of B&P.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel like they cheaped out a little. Please correct me if Im wrong, but sasquatch package was originally intended to be 2.7l v6 engine with auto transmission, upgraded suspension, 17in wheels, and 35in MT tires.

Now the sasquatch package does not include the 2.7lv6 engine or the auto transmission. So basically made the sasquatch package available to manual transmission by changing whats actually in the sasquatch package.

I would totally go manual if I could get the 2.7l v6, but thats not an option. Am I wrong?

They're not pairing the 2.7 with the manual because, to put it bluntly, too many drivetrain components will be broken.
Manual transmissions CAN BE a lot harsher on a drive train than an automatic is.

And sure, you could say "well, then the transmission is not made strong enough" and you would technically be correct in saying that. But manual transmissions, in the wrong hands, can do a lot of damage to components if driven incorrectly.

Ford is covering their asses.