Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's great in all but one has to assume it will be limited to the 2.3L Turbo engine and not the 2.7L Turbo. Given that Ford has a Ex Jeep Engineer on there bronco team I would think a 7 speed would be afford with both. I dislike assuming though but I would have to imagine that if the 10 speed auto bolts up to the 2.3 & 2.7 that a manual could do the same. In the end there is cost here and Ford wouldn't want to have 4 transmission for one vehicle. But 2 options would be nice, Thoughts?
I personally would like the 2.7 Turbo V6 with a 7 speed manual transmission. My 2013 Focus is a base S model with a 5 Manual it is a blast to bop around in. Fell in love a manual all over again.
Torque capability of the clutch is likely the more limiting factor from what I’ve come to understand about powertrain.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's great in all but one has to assume it will be limited to the 2.3L Turbo engine and not the 2.7L Turbo. Given that Ford has a Ex Jeep Engineer on there bronco team I would think a 7 speed would be afford with both. I dislike assuming though but I would have to imagine that if the 10 speed auto bolts up to the 2.3 & 2.7 that a manual could do the same. In the end there is cost here and Ford wouldn't want to have 4 transmission for one vehicle. But 2 options would be nice, Thoughts?
I personally would like the 2.7 Turbo V6 with a 7 speed manual transmission. My 2013 Focus is a base S model with a 5 Manual it is a blast to bop around in. Fell in love a manual all over again.
Bell pattern, starter mounting, and we can assume flywheel mounting, are COMPLETELY different on 2.7. Whole different trans case, and assume clutch and flywheel would be required. That would take some doing, and cost to make happen. Its unfortunate, but its reality that 2.7/mt aint happening...at least not year 1 for sure.

rchapa8

Badlands
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

~$2,500 for the Badlands, since it already includes most of the Sasquatch add-ons.
Said it before, badland with x plan best deal out there. It has the SAS suspension with 33's. Couldn't you just add the 35's after delivery? Who actually needs the beadlock wheels?

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Something I see happening as well when Build and Price goes live is a Sasquatch Package that is about $4k rather than $5k because many on this forum and elsewhere threw fits at that price point. I also see the options for the 10 speed auto and 2.7L V6 going down as well, hopefully by a substantial amount but would think a couple hundred max per option. Hopefully Ford is getting ready to knock our socks off with the options and options pricing.
If that's the case then the Wildtrak price should drop if the Sasquatch package is cheaper, right?

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Something I see happening as well when Build and Price goes live is a Sasquatch Package that is about $4k rather than $5k because many on this forum and elsewhere threw fits at that price point. I also see the options for the 10 speed auto and 2.7L V6 going down as well, hopefully by a substantial amount but would think a couple hundred max per option. Hopefully Ford is getting ready to knock our socks off with the options and options pricing.
I'm crossing my fingers for some package price changes too. I'm fairly pessimistic over automatic costs going down. For other off-roaders, the upcharge is $2,000 - $2750 and the Bronco survey pricing is already lower than that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm crossing my fingers for some package price changes too. I'm fairly pessimistic over automatic costs going down. For other off-roaders, the uncharge is $2,000 - $2750 and the Bronco survey pricing is already lower than that.
Yeah I see the pricing for the Sasquatch package coming down way before we ever see the powertrain options getting lowered in price. But........there's always hope! After all, Ford employs Rockstars lol.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Said it before, badland with x plan best deal out there. It has the SAS suspension with 33's. Couldn't you just add the 35's after delivery? Who actually needs the beadlock wheels?
If it's really only the wheels, tires, and fender flares, then it's unlikely that I'll Squatch my Badlands. However, I'm happy to wait for Ford to provide more information before I make that decision.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that's the case then the Wildtrak price should drop if the Sasquatch package is cheaper, right?
Ford has already announced the invoice price and MSRP of the Wildtrak, so I can't imagine they will change it now.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
There really should be some transparency about this delay. With the average 10 year old able to program a rudimentary Build&Price, those rock stars are either milking Ford for more money or non-existent and it's an obvious lie. Ford could've said, "Due to the pandemic, parts supplies have been delayed further and the availability of some optional equipment is in jeopardy. In fairness to some suppliers, we are delaying Build & Price to offer them a chance to meet availability requirements and be included for customer selection."

My guess is that some of the manufacturers of the 200 accessories aren't at normal production capacity and asked Ford for more time.
Or is it that Ford is building an "awesome" B & P VR experience so that 12 & 14 year-olds can model and build Broncos that use over 200 cool accessories.

Sponsored

BunkieDuster69

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 3.6 OB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mr. Levine was probably looking at his calendar when tweeting that statement, and noted to himself, “ well technically— October is “by” September on the calendar.... ok... “by September” it is!

In all exclusive online purchasing seriousness, I am hoping Ford has invested in a new state of the art online B&P program, and are using the Bronco reemergence for new B&P Program Launch ?

..land let’s not forget about the B&P. Levine said by september?

889FA835-BFA9-4E24-A991-14F028643B0C.jpeg

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Torque capability of the clutch is likely the more limiting factor from what I’ve come to understand about powertrain.
cant wait to see how the 7MT holds up to modding because 400 wtq or more should be attainable on the 2.3 with bolt ons and tune and even more with Ethanol tunes, upgraded turbo etc.Hopefully the factory specs are very conservative.

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My biggest question is still "what exactly comes with the sasquatch package". I feel like they havent been clear enough with it. They say it's got a special suspension and a 2" wider track. Doesn't have different control arms or is this just because of the 35s being wider and the wheels being more offset?
I think its shocks, wheels and tires and that’s it.
Sponsored