Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because there are a lot of dealerships, especially in my area, that won't commit to any of that and are waiting for full price and order details. Any kind of new or special edition vehicle gets marked up thousands. In order to finalize dealership, Ford needs to finalize pricing in order to get some commitments.
I live in an area that has a lot of dealerships and plenty of money. I knew I wasn't going to find a good deal easily, so decided to go with a dealership I could trust.

The drive back from Iowa is going to be a hike, but I'm at peace knowing that I'm sticking with a dealership as honest as @Granger Ford.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I swear my calendar still says it's September. JK :LOL:
Some are so quick to jump on the "lets blame Mike" bandwagon, they're missing the obvious.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whats wrong w/the disco? Are there reliability issues being reported?
doesn't trust new technology. comparing to history of failures of the rubicon unit which is built totally different.

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are no optional 35s if you don't go Squatch and we haven't gotten a clear answer on what's causing differences in specs of Badlands vs Squatch.
I think one of the main differences is that the Bad Lands comes with the front stabilizer bar disconnect, and any Bronco trim + Sasquatch is that it doesn't have that. But there could be more that the BL has over a Bronco + Sasquatch that I didn't notice.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whats wrong w/the disco? Are there reliability issues being reported?
No, it may be great. I'm just distrustful of things that can have a mind of their own. I'd rather have the bar, or not. My guess is it will do fine without it like other IFS vehicles I've had.

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the Bronco hype has started to fizzle, releasing info that the m/t will have a samsquanch option is the "big day"??? So this means we will have less time to switch dealers if need too.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So Mike reached out to me after I reached out to him about the initial report. He apologized for not being able to confirm Mansquatch sooner, and also apologized for being incorrect about the September B+P tool. He said he gets our frustration and he wishes that he would’ve gotten it correct from the git-go, but with covid things just change so rapidly. He said the time is being used well to make sure we have the “best choices” so take that as you will.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Availability: Late 2021.
So the mansquatch adds 6 months to build time......
Well...... if "By September" means "Maybe October" then.... does "Late 2021" mean like... I dunno, 2023?

Sponsored

Icycalm

First Edition
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 gmc yukon
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Answering the Call of Enthusiasts, Bronco Brand Expands Sasquatch Package to Models with 7-Speed Manual Transmission

DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 21, 2020 – Listening to reservation-holder feedback, Ford is expanding the availability of its high-performance off-road Sasquatch™package to all-new Bronco two- and four-door models with a class-first 7-speed manual transmission.

“The Bronco community spoke and we heard them,” said Mark Grueber, Ford Bronco consumer marketing manager. “Our team moved quickly to add Sasquatch with a manual transmission – another example of our focus on giving customers the best possible off-road vehicles and accessories that we can.”

The increased availability of the Sasquatch package also makes the Ford Bronco the only 4x4 with a 7-speed manual and 35-inch off-road tires in its class.

Sasquatch plus manual unlocks even more off-road capability
While other brands save their best hardware for premium series models, Bronco is making off-road capability a priority across every two- and four-door trim level with the available Sasquatch package.

Checking the Sasquatch box adds class-first 35-inch Goodyear® mud-terrain tires mounted to 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels, Dana™ front and rear electronic locking axles with 4.7:1 final drive ratio, and high-clearance suspension with a nearly two-inch wider track, position-sensitive Bilstein shocks and wider fender flares.

Sasquatch package will be available across the lineup, including Base, Big Bend™, Black Diamond™ Outer Banks™, and Badlands™. It is standard on Bronco Wildtrak™ and First Edition models, while the Badlands™ series with available Sasquatch package and standard semi-active hydraulic front stabilizer bar disconnect results in the ultimate Bronco rock crawler.

“Capability is always a priority, and pairing Sasquatch with a manual transmission and available advanced 4x4 system gives it a maximum crawl ratio of 94.75:1, providing even more off-road capability across the line-up,” said Dave Pericak, Ford icons global director.

The manual transmission with Sasquatch package is targeted to be available in late 2021.

Bronco Build and price goes live in October
As excitement builds around the Bronco brand of rugged SUVs, the Bronco two- and four-door build and price site will go live in October. Enthusiasts will be able to virtually create their ideal models and compare pricing for option groups. Reservation holders can create their dream off-road machine and print and save the information for ordering, which will begin in December.

The all-new two- and four-door Bronco goes on sale next spring. To learn more about Bronco and Bronco Sport, go to Ford.com/Bronco.

Original Post:

Mike Levine with Ford has confirmed via Twitter.
It be awesome if they gave the manual option on the First Editions!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So Mike reached out to me after I reached out to him about the initial report. He apologized for not being able to confirm Mansquatch sooner, and also apologized for being incorrect about the September B+P tool. He said he gets our frustration and he wishes that he would’ve gotten it correct from the git-go, but with covid things just change so rapidly. He said the time is being used well to make sure we have the “best choices” so take that as you will.
Hey thanks @Nickp for speaking to him on our behalf. He takes a lot of heat from us and doesn't always deserve it. I hope that you were able to relay our thanks for the work they've done making this beast as truly special as it is.

Except the 2.7 w/o 7M and no max tow package of course...

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You're right we don't know. All we can do is guess at this point. But our reservations don't mean anything until they're turned into orders by way of B&P.
B&P has absolutely nothing to do with orders/ordering one. Literally just gives you the options/combos and prices

could someone explain to me the correlation between b&p and switching dealers?

and here's me sitting waiting for that thing to burn out...
There isn't one, necessarily, but people are wanting to know how much it'll cost and then determine if they want to switch dealers.

And with this big news their stock is already -0.34 this morning...
This news didn't affect their stock either way, IMO. The entire market was down quite a bit today.

I totally agree with you on this, except one point.

The Bronco can only be had with deep crawling gears in a manual.

That pushes everyone who prioritizes crawling over easy driving into a 7M.

Jeeps get the deep crawling gears in the Transfer Case.
Auto transmissions have an advantage over manuals on rocks.
This is why manual Jeeps are getting rarer.

For the Bronco, this is where all of the extra engineering with the one pedal driving comes into play.
That's all really nice.

As long as you would be happy with a 40-50ish crawl ratio.

I think Ford got caught *very* flat footed by the 7M's popularity.
Yes and no - I think they probably underestimated initial manual demand, but are forecasting out over time and see a low take rate on manuals long term, and I agree with them.

I see Bronco following a similar trajectory to Wrangler in that regard - for both the manual and 2-door sales, while we're at it - higher than expected initial take rate/demand in the first year or two, and then cratering after that once all those "soccer moms" start purchasing 4 doors.

Production will group VIN's into build batches based on parts availability, trim level, paint room allocations, and a host of other factors.

Look at your reservation on the Ford site and you'll see some generic info on the subject. Reservation #xx8 is not necessarily going to be built before reservation #x,x99. Most likely it will be, but it's down to parts.

Then once built, your delivery will be grouped into batches with whatever vehicles are destined for that same demarcation point. That involves another wait as other vehicles arrive from their manufacturer sites (or your Bronco goes to another site). Then the train ride begins.

All this is available for you to look up if you're interested. But ultimately once production starts this forum will be an epic S-show of complaints and people applying their personal logic to global manufacturing.
Ugh, I can hardly wait.

OK, so Ford gave us what we asked for, are we going to take it? Your actions speak louder than your words. If you wanted the mansquatch, step up and get it. Show Ford there is still a strong market for a manual.

I didn't even give the squatch a second thought after I learned it was auto only. Now, I am definitely getting the squatch, regardless of which trim level I get. Regardless of trim, my overall price just went up. Ford is getting my money for giving what I asked for.

Step up guys(gals) and get the mansquatch, or next time Ford may not listen.

Now, we need a cool sticker for the back window to identify the mansquatch going down the road.
What about something like this? It's crude at the moment, but it's something I came up with quickly.

Ford Bronco Confirmed: Manual + Sasquatch Bronco, October Build & Price! 1600752177118

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well this didn't age well.

1599059809836-png.png
Ford needs to put a gag order on this man. By September surely doesn't mean in October. If you can't give us correct information please don't give us any at all, as it only reflects poorly on you and your company.
My theory is Build and Price is ready, but won't be out until the very end of October. That gives reservation holders less time or no time to switch dealers. As most dealers are giving us the same song and dance which is they won't commit to a price until build & price site is up.
BUYERS BEWARE ! If your dealer can't commit to a discount, chances are your not getting a discount.
I suggest having a conversation with your dealership, tell them you'll be immediately switching your reservation if they're not willing to start the negotiation process.
At this stage in the game Ford has been playing games with dates, I truly wouldn't be surprised if they take away the October 31 switching date. I believe I'll be having a sit down with my dealer sooner than later, as it's better to be safe than sorry. I'd love to keep my business local but my hunch is I'll be switching to Stephen's.

Last edited: