Confirmed: Sliding Tray not available for 2 door Bronco

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, this would push me closer to the "no deal" decision if I am honest. If you can't easily move the seats in and out, the seats lay at an incline, has a massive 4 inch shelf, and can't be leveled with a handy tray then I am quite disappointed.

If I am shelling out and waiting on aftermarket modifications for a brand new car then it should be the kind of mod that makes it go beyond the standard, not so that it can reach the standard. That's the sign of buying a bad design.
it really is.

in fact it doesnt make much sense since they did this with the 4 door

they must KNOW how bad the storage is in the 2 door right?
Sponsored

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't understand how this is news...Just looking at the pics and you can tell that the tray wasn't going to fit in the 2 door.
Yeah if you think about the depth of the 2 dr trunk a full slide out wouldnt even be very substantial. Even on the 4 door it barely sticks out far enough to be usable.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand how this is news...Just looking at the pics and you can tell that the tray wasn't going to fit in the 2 door.
Right?!? I like the idea of removing the seats, building a platform to create full flat floor and then somehow keeping the seatbelt buckled so I can buckle the pooches in there.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
without a load floor I'm out completely. Don't care whether it's seat removal + aftermarket, but I won't confirm in december without a known solution.

Feels to me as if Ford has intentionally been avoiding this issue.

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Starting to get the feeling the 2 door was only meant to be a SEMA prototype to hype up the Bronco and all the work to make the thing more livable and useful went into the 4 door.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah a bit disappointed there wont be anything i can drive home with, but aftermarket should fill the gap pretty quick. just surprised that Ford would leave money like that on the table if they already designed it for the 4dr.
people are making the argument that there isnt enough room for a pull out tray

and they are right. But that doesnt mean there cant be a platform or some other storage feature that makes it level with the folded seats

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my view is that Ford is content for the moment to just cater to the folks who would buy a Bronco even if the wheels were square. I'm not in that group.

Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my view is that Ford is content for the moment to just cater to the folks who would buy a Bronco even if the wheels were square. I'm not in that group.
i think the problem is they have alot of reservations for 2 doors
Ford Bronco Confirmed: Sliding Tray not available for 2 door Bronco CF4B8BEE-EABD-461E-AA13-2CD550EB42DE
but 9/10 people dont know this is all the storage the 2 door has

ktbonefish

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion FR-S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i think the problem is they have alot of reservations for 2 doors
Ford Bronco Confirmed: Sliding Tray not available for 2 door Bronco CF4B8BEE-EABD-461E-AA13-2CD550EB42DE
but 9/10 people dont know this is all the storage the 2 door has
I think many people like me who wanted a 2 door were expecting the rear seats to fold flat to makeup for the space needs.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I plan on building a folded seat level platform anyway. I carry a lot of incidental gear, tire chains, tools, jumper battery, recovery gear and survival gear, so this will allow storage for that and level the load floor for camping gear. I will leave the tailgate side open so I can access this gear without unloading what is on top of it.

OP
OP

MastadonSlayer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M2, 2023 Brocno BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me I know there isn’t much space in the 2 door, but I really don’t need 4 doors (usually 2 people). Plus I like the look of the 2 door. So I was hoping for the feature to make it flat for different storage options, especially since the seats don’t fold flat. Like others have said, I’m sure aftermarket will have something, or I could build something. But it is still disappointing to me.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get that it sucks that it doesn't fold flat this day in age but what are people doing that the need it flat?

If theres a platform to level it out you lose that bit of cargo area anyway.

What are people routinely loading into a 2 door that the floor needs to be perfectly flat?
Sponsored