Sponsored

With news that the 4 door pullout tray is late 2021. Its time for operation 2 door pullout tray

would you buy a pullout tray from ford for the 2 door?

• Total voters

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have (yes, you knew that there would be someone bring this up) rather had a Drop Down Tailgate and separate Swing Away Spare Tire Carrier setup.

And before someone mentions the Third Brake Light/Backup Camera and Any Other Item in that area....... the current wiring for those items enters the Swinging Tailgate at the hinge as it's currently designed, so it could have Easily just have been routed onto the Swing Away Spare Tire Carrier.

The Swinging Gate SCREAMS Jeep Wrangler to me and was "most likely" done because the survived way more Jeep Owners than EB Owners.

ok..... backing away from the keyboard now....
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I liked the idea of the pull-out but at the end of the day I cant justify paying (whatever price it may be) extra, while loosing cargo space, for a little tray.

It only gives you a marginally better footing than the bumper. I can throw in my little folding camp table if I think I might need it.

It's a cool do-dad but it's just that... A do-dad.

If anything I'd rather have an exact-fit suitcase type thing that sits in there for storage but can lift out easily. I'm sure someone will come up with this

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would have (yes, you knew that there would be someone bring this up) rather had a Drop Down Tailgate and separate Swing Away Spare Tire Carrier setup.

And before someone mentions the Third Brake Light/Backup Camera and Any Other Item in that area....... the current wiring for those items enters the Swinging Tailgate at the hinge as it's currently designed, so it could have Easily just have been routed onto the Swing Away Spare Tire Carrier.

The Swinging Gate SCREAMS Jeep Wrangler to me and was "most likely" done because the survived way more Jeep Owners than EB Owners.

I’m sure it has a lot to do with the average user not wanting to open the swing away and then dropping the tailgate to throw groceries in the back

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure it has a lot to do with the average user not wanting to open the swing away and then dropping the tailgate to throw groceries in the back
... and still lift the rear glass.....

With a Drop Down Tailgate, the Rear Glass would/Could/Should be able to be opened with the Drop Down Tailgate closed. So.... still two motions... swing something out of the way, open rear glass.

Still believe it was "just" to appease people who own and like it on the Jeep Wranglers, so that they "might" buy a Bronco.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The best and most forward looking financially sound and judicious reason for Ford to include the pull out tray is to help increase the propagation of Ford purchasing offspring among rabid Ford Bronco lovers??!

Sponsored

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I voted yes but im more interested in an aftermarket filler for that space. Preferably something that locks with a flip up lid like the existing lid in the trunk floor that hides the jack.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

i also do not want to finance a bunch of accessories unless I decide to pat it off after the first monthly payment. Who the heck wants to pay for 3,4,5 years for ditch lights, a winch, a roof basket. Buy it from Ford Performance or another vendor outside of the roll up financing.
soo I am going to take a different approach to that issue, I got one of Fords new Ford Pass credit cards that will have promo 0% finance options on purchases for Ford accessories. I dont plan in rolling any of it into a x number of years loans specailly since it wont be 0%

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
... and still lift the rear glass.....

With a Drop Down Tailgate, the Rear Glass would/Could/Should be able to be opened with the Drop Down Tailgate closed. So.... still two motions... swing something out of the way, open rear glass.

Still believe it was "just" to appease people who own and like it on the Jeep Wranglers, so that they "might" buy a Bronco.

Paul wraith talks about this in one of his interviews. They set up a packing material Bronco with a swing gate and a tailgate/tire carrier combo. They decided on the swing gate after only a few tests, much of which had to do with putting groceries in it. I think the swing gate+ tailgate accessory combo is a great compromise. And to be honest throwing groceries in the back with a tailgate would be pretty annoying.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Paul wraith talks about this in one of his interviews. They set up a packing material Bronco with a swing gate and a tailgate/tire carrier combo. They decided on the swing gate after only a few tests, much of which had to do with putting groceries in it. I think the swing gate+ tailgate accessory combo is a great compromise. And to be honest throwing groceries in the back with a tailgate would be pretty annoying.
I know lots of folks have had some petty deal breakers but a tire and tailgate may have been a deal breaker for me. This will be a DD for me and I'm the main grocery shopper. It would honestly drive me nuts.

Having to open the front door and then the back door to get groceries in the back of my truck already frustrates me enough.

The tailgate is cool but a swing gate is much, much more convenient.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know lots of folks have had some petty deal breakers but a tire and tailgate may have been a deal breaker for me. This will be a DD for me and I'm the main grocery shopper. It would honestly drive me nuts.

Having to open the front door and then the back door to get groceries in the back of my truck already frustrates me enough.

The tailgate is cool but a swing gate is much, much more convenient.
I agree and I think the swing gate just plain looks better..

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't have to lower a Drop Down Tailgate if you can open the Rear Window. I do it ALL of the time on my 2007 Mercury Mariner. Also with this configuration you can put more loose items in the cargo area. Just load the big items, close the Drop Down Tailgate, then continue to load stuff that would have fell out if you were trying to load with either tailgate open.

You just get a better utilization of the cargo space when you can open the rear window with the taillight closest.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thinking that if you want to install that tray on a 2 door then you might need to put the back seat on some type of platform.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

7ToeJoe

Base
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350,F150,CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, my 2 dr, stick is gonna be a 2 seater so either Ford's sliding "tailgate" or another version is goin' in my Bronco. Tailgates get used daily.
Sponsored