First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Baby powder applied will also show cracks. Smear it around.
Sponsored

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 V90 T6 Polestar, 2018 4Runner, 1990 Pao
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Unfortunately these cracks have become "normal". Those who say they don't have cracks or delamination either haven't looked, haven't looked hard enough, haven't used a flash light, or haven't inspected the top at all angles in multiple light levels. I'm onto my 4th top and believe my current one is only a few weeks from showing signs of new cracks.
Listening to folks on the forum, it sounds like those of us with cracks are in the minority and the squeaky wheel. I know how the internet is and that bad news about something in a forum is not always the majority, but...

Since discovering cracks on mine and my revealing day at the dealership lots, I have checked 30-40 Broncos in the wild. I started to take pictures of each one but it seems documentation is just for me and I am well aware of what I see. Also, I was tired of the creeped out glares as I got up close to random Broncos to get pictures.

I have gotten "trained" enough to spot a delamination or cracking issue while sitting in traffic next to a Bronco.

Still at a 100% "failure" rate.

At this point, I think that the best bet is to mitigate the issue with Line-X. An upfront investment of around $1,000 pays for peace of mind, some extra sound-dampening, scratch resistance, and an end to visible issues. A couple of members have posted their results and they look promising.

Hey Ford Bot... you should run to your upper management folks and have them put out a TSB that the repair is not replacement, it is Line-X... you could/would save thousands...

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Webasto also makes high end convertible hard tops for the likes of Mercedes, Audi, and Volvo. They aren't the problem, the inferior design is.
It's all on Ford and their propensity for cheaping out where they shouldn't.

Sponsored

Ski

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately these cracks have become "normal". Those who say they don't have cracks or delamination either haven't looked, haven't looked hard enough, haven't used a flash light, or haven't inspected the top at all angles in multiple light levels. I'm onto my 4th top and believe my current one is only a few weeks from showing signs of new cracks.
I just purchased a 2022 Badlands from a Ford dealer in Florida with 4,000 miles I recently noticed hairline cracks near the right side window Will Ford replace the rear section?

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just purchased a 2022 Badlands from a Ford dealer in Florida with 4,000 miles I recently noticed hairline cracks near the right side window Will Ford replace the rear section?
Under the warranty they should replace the top. I know this process after 3 replacement tops!

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes they will.

Ski

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Under the warranty they should replace the top. I know this process after 3 replacement tops!
Will stop at the dealership tomorrow, thanks for reply

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What will you give me if I post a video of my 2 year old top with no cracks in it?

Sponsored

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 V90 T6 Polestar, 2018 4Runner, 1990 Pao
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What will you give me if I post a video of my 2 year old top with no cracks in it?
I'm in the middle on this one.

I believe you cannot see any cracks but I've also seen enough hardtops now to know getting the right angle in the right light has become a sad skill that I have acquired.

A video, unless at 4k and in the right light with the right angle, will not expose the cracks to an internet audience.

The cracks in mine do not look like cracks at a cursory or even secondary glance.

I also want you to have a hardtop with no cracks. Absoltuley none. I really want to believe. Because I want to know that there is a Ford solution to this problem and your unicorn would make that happen.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I pulled a creeper move today and checked out someone else's hard top in a parking garage. All looked good and completely unnoticeable until you put a light on it (as seen in my photo with flash on). Guarantee this owner has no clue their hard top is cracking, just like many others who think they have a good hardtop. The cracking was on the passenger side rear window (4-door Bronco). It seems the passenger side is more susceptible to cracking than the driver's side, but wonder why.

Ford Bronco Cracked on the lot. 1
Sponsored