Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you seen any statistics/evidence that this will help? I'm thinking of getting this as it should protect the hood quite a bit, but I'm not sure how much it would help with the windshield. Not criticizing, I'm just curious.
No worries. I thought it was total BS at first too, lol. I also failed to mention the protection on the hood, as it's another reason to get it.

I looked up some videos on YouTube for my "research." That helped me make my decision for sure, plus the B6G feedback.
Sponsored

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a small chip from driving mine home from CA to MT. But, I will be heading to KOH and expect more chips after that trip. But, to be honest, Its probably better and cheaper in the long run to pay out of pocket than having a claim on the insurance.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have talked to a lot of jeepers about this they all have seem to had to replace a few its just the angle of the glass unfortunately

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No worries. I thought it was total BS at first too, lol. I also failed to mention the protection on the hood, as it's another reason to get it.

I looked up some videos on YouTube for my "research." That helped me make my decision for sure, plus the B6G feedback.
Can't hurt for the windshield anyway, and I think it looks pretty good. You would think someone would have come up with a "screen protector" for the windshield by now - a thin film that would cushion/protect the glass...

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With a near vertical windshield this will be a lifetime issue. My FJ had the same problem. I was very lucky for about three years. My luck ran out and I replaced 4 in the next two years.
Silver-Bolt stated exactly what I was about to share. Any near-vertical, mostly flat windshield has an extremely limited amount of time to catch a chip or star before cracking. Once that glass surface tension is broken, you are on borrowed time. I highly, highly suggest glass coverage. Between two Wranglers I probably put around 10 windshields in. These windshields will become readily available... eventually. I'd hit the dealer up or, if it's something you can live with for a little bit, wait it out. The defroster will crack a windshield you didn't even know was compromised. Keep windshield repair on speed dial and know that it may not wait until tomorrow.

Sponsored

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't hurt for the windshield anyway, and I think it looks pretty good. You would think someone would have come up with a "screen protector" for the windshield by now - a thin film that would cushion/protect the glass...
That does exist. Stek is one of the companies that makes film like that. I believe it runs about $500 installed from what I have seen from others.

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That does exist. Stek is one of the companies that makes film like that. I believe it runs about $500 installed from what I have seen from others.
Any feedback on how well it works?

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have it personally. I have been considering it though. I have heard good things about it. Currently just running a hood deflector and it has definitely made a difference in the amount of stuff that hits the shield.

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 F150, 2022 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have STEK on mine. Fortunately, haven't had any rocks hit my windshield yet so can't tell you how it performed. Here are some videos showing it in action though. Keep in mind, these are not STEK films, but should perform similar, if not better.

Sponsored

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you drive a Jeep TJ like me, you've got the glass company on speed dial. The big difference, however, is that I pay $100 each time I get one, not the $1000+ cost of today's high tech windshields.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With a near vertical windshield this will be a lifetime issue. My FJ had the same problem. I was very lucky for about three years. My luck ran out and I replaced 4 in the next two years.
Yep, I'm hoping they've produced gorilla glass for the bronco when this inevitably happens to me too.

MIbronco

Badlands
First Name
Dak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I'm hoping they've produced gorilla glass for the bronco when this inevitably happens to me too.
It took a LONG time for the JL gorilla glass to finally hit the market. No brainer when ordering a Wrangler/Gladiator now.
Sponsored